Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can we get a skip for the Campaign on alts?

I know im in the minority in which I actually play all 12 of my alts (1 of each class) and I recently changed my Warlock and Mage's covenents to Night Fae which solidifies 6 out of my 12 characters being Night Fae (1 Kyrian - 2 Venthyr - 3 Necrolord - 6 Night Fae) and well... I groan at the idea of doing the Night Fae's story a 5th and 6th time.

I'd like an option that just gave me the 7 renown from the questline and none of the gear, gold, etc because well... I've done them all before, multiple times and Its not like I don't have the time for it, i'm just annoyed at this point of having to do the same story again.

Hell I wouldn't even mind not getting the renown and submit myself to the whole random chance drop of renown that I get dripped into because some of the quests just bug me - like being forced to go back to BFA zones or the mega long Chapter 6.

I half suspect blizzard WILL implement a chapter skip option in 9.1 but I kinda wish I had the option now because I am about to finish the story on my Warlock but still need to do it on my mage.

Reasons for changing this late into the expansion - Frost mage bored me so I swapped to fire but Venthyr isnt that good for Fire so I swapped Night Fae. I also needed more AOE options / cleave on my Affliction Warlock, so I swapped Kyrian to Night Fae.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    I know im in the minority in which I actually play all 12 of my alts (1 of each class) and I recently changed my Warlock and Mage's covenents to Night Fae which solidifies 6 out of my 12 characters being Night Fae (1 Kyrian - 2 Venthyr - 3 Necrolord - 6 Night Fae) and well... I groan at the idea of doing the Night Fae's story a 5th and 6th time.

I'd like an option that just gave me the 7 renown from the questline and none of the gear, gold, etc because well... I've done them all before, multiple times and Its not like I don't have the time for it, i'm just annoyed at this point of having to do the same story again.

Hell I wouldn't even mind not getting the renown and submit myself to the whole random chance drop of renown that I get dripped into because some of the quests just bug me - like being forced to go back to BFA zones or the mega long Chapter 6.

I half suspect blizzard WILL implement a chapter skip option in 9.1 but I kinda wish I had the option now because I am about to finish the story on my Warlock but still need to do it on my mage.

Reasons for changing this late into the expansion - Frost mage bored me so I swapped to fire but Venthyr isnt that good for Fire so I swapped Night Fae. I also needed more AOE options / cleave on my Affliction Warlock, so I swapped Kyrian to Night Fae.
    I mean technically you don't have to do the storyline. why do you think you need to do the storyline?

To max out on Renown you do or else you're stuck at 33.

If you got no renown for skipping the story.

Why bother?

As far as I know, the ONLY thing the Story gives you, IS renown.
    All the unlockables are tied to renown, not story completion?

Unless, if you havent completed the story is your renown cap 33? And you MUST get the other 7 from the story?

Edit

Ah yep gotcha. Makes sense now to want a skip.

Even if true, that's what; 2 percentual points of stamina... + some aesthetic rewards or access to vendors offering them.
    Hardly obligatory content.

If it is one you completed on another character you should be able to skip imo.

The campaign story line should be completable by level 50s when you do Threads of Fate. That way it's all done when you hit 60, and it can give a few levels.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I would say skip the inital maw quest but the actual story? Completly? No!

You can get to 33 without touching it.

I don't like giving stuff out for doing nothing in wow. It just leads to demanding more and more and more

10+ Year Old Account
    Skip the initial maw run itself, but the story? Why? The whole point of leveling is to explore the new land you're in, do the quests to understand what's going on, and prepare yourself for the end-game raiding content.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    The campaign story line should be completable by level 50s when you do Threads of Fate. That way it's all done when you hit 60, and it can give a few levels.
    You know, this is actually a good idea TBF - I wouldn't mind repeating the questline so much if it gave experience kinda like the initial campaign for unlocking the opposing faction's Continent in BFA - IT still gave an experience reward. If I could do this on my alts while I leveled them, then i'd actually kinda like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Skip the initial maw run itself, but the story? Why? The whole point of leveling is to explore the new land you're in, do the quests to understand what's going on, and prepare yourself for the end-game raiding content.
    Well, the issue is that I've done it 5 times already. I've done it on my Demon Hunter, Hunter, Druid, Rogue and Warlock and now im proceeding to do it on my Fire Mage. Threads of fate was awesome as I could level just doing World Quests, extra stuff, side quests that I didn't do on my main, etc. I'm not asking for a skip on your 1st time through, I was asking for a skip when you have done it before on a previous character like how you can skip the introduction to your covenant if you have done it before on another character.
    Last edited by Stabbyfists; 2021-03-19 at 04:25 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    You know, this is actually a good idea TBF - I wouldn't mind repeating the questline so much if it gave experience kinda like the initial campaign for unlocking the opposing faction's Continent in BFA - IT still gave an experience reward. If I could do this on my alts while I leveled them, then i'd actually kinda like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, the issue is that I've done it 5 times already. I've done it on my Demon Hunter, Hunter, Druid, Rogue and Warlock and now im proceeding to do it on my Fire Mage. Threads of fate was awesome as I could level just doing World Quests, extra stuff, side quests that I didn't do on my main, etc. I'm not asking for a skip on your 1st time through, I was asking for a skip when you have done it before on a previous character like how you can skip the introduction to your covenant if you have done it before on another character.
    Yeah they did kinda drop the ball by not having this enabled already. You do get renown while leveling (if you use Threads obviously), but can't really use the rewards until you hit 60 anyways. It's wierd honestly.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Renown should be account wide per covenant. Makes no sense me that I have 3 night fae alts having to do stuff all over again......
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    Renown should be account wide per covenant. Makes no sense me that I have 3 night fae alts having to do stuff all over again......
    it makes me wonder why blizzard does not look into the future (see which scenarios players go through).

also blizzard needs to understand that ALTs are part of the game DNA, they should make them a lot easier to catch up in solo mode stuff like campaign while keeping group required stuff (gear) the same at this moment i find it good.

Yeah, i have the same problem this week.

Changed my priest to Night Fae cause Venthyr is practically useless for when i play Holy, did the campaign, then my Warlock and Rogue are both Night Fae and they dinged while helping friends/returners level up, and i dont wanna play them cause i CBA doing the campaign 2-3 times in 10 days for the renown.

They just have to allow the Renown to drop without getting stuck at 33 or 31?, thats it.

Make campaign optional.

I don't think many people roll alts to replay through the quest chains again, so I find it confusing that so many people here are speaking of its importance.
    Personally the singular purpose behind my alts is to have a different set of skills to add variety to my pvp, mythics and non-prog raid runs. I do not see what purpose there is in obligating me to replay through the same uninteresting(to me) content over and over again for every alt that I want to be allowed to play at the disconnected content that matters to me. It's not like said content filters unskilled people out or anything, nor is it like I have never ran through it and I am skipping on the experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    What exactly do alts need on the 33-40 renown part?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    Yes, it does. What wouldn't make sense is some random nobody already being highly regarded by a group that never met them before.

Literally no reason for them not to allow people to skip the campaigns and the intro questing at this point. People are just being contrarian, as usual. Skips wouldn't hurt those not wanting to skip, and would make those wanting to do so, happy.

Simple.

I don't know that I would let people skip covenant campaign quests, but I would allow the normal weekly quests and catchup mechanisms to reward renown up to the cap without doing them. That way they're still available if you want, but you aren't gated by them.

Skipping the maw intro, on the other hand, god yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I don't know that I would let people skip covenant campaign quests, but I would allow the normal weekly quests and catchup mechanisms to reward renown up to the cap without doing them. That way they're still available if you want, but you aren't gated by them.

Skipping the maw intro, on the other hand, god yes please.
    After alot of soul searching...and yes, completing that covenent campaign quest for the 6th time on my mage, I realized that yes, I agree, if the questline was given while you were leveling an alt through Threads of Fate, and gave exp as well as the gear (but you could not equip it til lvl 60) That would be AMAZING.

I still think if you have completed the campaign once, and you swap a covenent, you should be given an option to skip the campaign quests and just take the 7 renown for a nice little boost so you don't feel completely far behind when swapping covenents. This would allow players to be able to use their soulbinds a little earlier and work on getting the other 33 renown they need.

I understand WHY it cannot be like this tho, they tied those quests TO the renown system, so you need 22 renown to get the entire questline. I get that as well. However an option to skip it and just collect the renown and armor would be nice. If you're swapping covenents though the armor isnt a huge deal, chances are you already have gear thats better ilvl.