The weed/WH story is really bothering me. Apparently quite a number of people were under the impression that it was a good idea to be honest with the administration about their weed smoking, and now 5 are fired and many more are pretty much demoted to remote work. This is not sitting well with me because if you keep up with behind the scenes politics you know that oh so many very high ranking former aides are quite open about smoking weed while working for say, Obama. I think it is so fucking lame that these people are being punished for being honest about smoking fucking weed.

Just shameful. I know it's a weird thing to get bothered over but I hope this catches the attention it deserves. It ain't right. Just gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    The weed/WH story is really bothering me. Apparently quite a number of people were under the impression that it was a good idea to be honest with the administration about their weed smoking, and now 5 are fired and many more are pretty much demoted to remote work. This is not sitting well with me because if you keep up with behind the scenes politics you know that oh so many very high ranking former aides are quite open about smoking weed while working for say, Obama. I think it is so fucking lame that these people are being punished for being honest about smoking fucking weed. Just shameful. I know it's a weird thing to get bothered over but I hope this catches the attention it deserves. It ain't right. Just gross.
    It's one thing to have a smoke during the weekend. It's another to make judgments and decisions while under the influence.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    My question:

What proof have you that anti-war online commentators that took issue with Trump are going to take "bigger" issue with Biden's sanctions?
    Seriously? at this point you have to be trolling.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Democrats passed the stimulus package without a single republican vote yet couldn't get the $15 min wage done. Think about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It's one thing to have a smoke during the weekend. It's another to make judgments and decisions while under the influence.
    That's not the problem. The problem is the ineptitude of the administration. First they encourage honesty, then punish people for being honest. Do you think Bush, Trump or Obama aides were honest on their applications and screeners? of course not. Wtf were they thinking.

That's not the problem. The problem is the ineptitude of the administration. First they encourage honesty, then punish people for being honest. Do you think Bush, Trump or Obama aides were honest on their applications and screeners? of course not. Wtf were they thinking.
    Give me a link of these terminations.

The weed/WH story is really bothering me. Apparently quite a number of people were under the impression that it was a good idea to be honest with the administration about their weed smoking, and now 5 are fired and many more are pretty much demoted to remote work. This is not sitting well with me because if you keep up with behind the scenes politics you know that oh so many very high ranking former aides are quite open about smoking weed while working for say, Obama. I think it is so fucking lame that these people are being punished for being honest about smoking fucking weed.

Just shameful. I know it's a weird thing to get bothered over but I hope this catches the attention it deserves. It ain't right. Just gross.
    if it involves security clearances, that's your answer. You don't get to smoke pot, and have a security clearance. And yes, I can assure you that just about everyone in the WH has a security clearance (I would assume they all do).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    My question:

What proof have you that anti-war online commentators that took issue with Trump are going to take "bigger" issue with Biden's sanctions?
    My question:

Do you think he is talking about actual anti war people or "anti-war" trump supporters?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

If they lied, they committed felonies.

My guess is that most had to also take polygraphs as part of their clearance process.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't think pot still being illegal under federal law played a part in this?

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    Democrats passed the stimulus package without a single republican vote yet couldn't get the $15 min wage done. Think about that.
    A few of the Democrats weren't on board with it.

It's not that complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Give me a link of these terminations.
    I'm not going to google things for you. Pick one of the articles and read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    Yep, with a zero margin for error, they Democrats and their big tent had to negotiate with the likes of Joe Manchin who lean pretty hard to the right or otherwise represent a populace who does and represent their will. I thought about it pretty hard and know the DNC doesn't fall in line at all cost like the RNC does.

Makes me think they need more seats and to pass HR1 to help the will of the people be more properly represented. And do so before the next redistricting.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

"When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

I'm not going to google things for you. Pick one of the articles and read it.
    I get that people want to be upset at this, but literally every government employee, and anyone applying for a security clearance knows and understands this.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    You don't think pot still being illegal under federal law played a part in this?
    Part in what? the terminations and demotions or the faux-progressive attitude that led to them and this story now being out?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I get that people want to be upset at this, but literally every government employee, and anyone applying for a security clearance knows and understands this.
    Understands what exactly? that marijuana is still illegal on the federal level and that 40k people are still incarcerated on weed offenses? clearly someone in the administration did NOT understand this and misled a large number of people, and is surely fired now.

Part in what? the terminations and demotions or the faux-progressive attitude that led to them and this story now being out?
    This is government service with a security clearance.

This is government service with a security clearance.
    You do realize that people with security clearances have been smoking weed for as long as the sky has been blue, or are you under the impression that people with security clearances don't?

- - - Updated - - -

Understands what exactly? that marijuana is still illegal on the federal level and that 40k people are still incarcerated on weed offenses? clearly someone in the administration did NOT understand this and misled a large number of people, and is surely fired now.
    The federal government still follows those rules, no matter how shitty they may be.

Don't lie on security clearance forms. It's not that difficult.

From what it looks like, they were willing to overlook PAST usage, not current usage.

- - - Updated - - -

You do realize that people with security clearances have been smoking weed for as long as the sky has been blue, or are you under the impression that people with security clearances don't?
    If they are working in the White House, then I expect many would be taking polygraphs in addition to the standard background checks. They did it at their own risk, so blaming others seems really fucking pathetic.

Would you prefer they simply have double standards like Trump did with his kids?

The federal government still follows those rules, no matter how shitty they may be.

Don't lie on security clearance forms. It's not that difficult.

From what it looks like, they were willing to overlook PAST usage, not current usage.

- - - Updated - - -

If they are working in the White House, then I expect many would be taking polygraphs in addition to the standard background checks. They did it at their own risk, so blaming others seems really fucking pathetic.

Would you prefer they simply have double standards like Trump did with his kids?
    The issue isn't that they knew it was against the rules....the issue is that it is still against the rules in the first place. AT WORST, it should be a don't ask, don't tell scenario.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown