Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Actually you are the first with person who 'has balls' to admit that. Thanks - that is enough for me.
    You have been told many times Blizzard hasn't released that information. It has nothing to do with balls either. Did you honestly think people are afraid to tell a random internet person information that isn't a secret? Blizzard has never released the sales figures of Charity pets. Only when they have met their goal amount and they haven't not annouced that for the two charity pets that also had a plush contributing to the charity.

So Dottie and Whomper.

Show we official info on this and i will believe... and i did not even respond to you...
    Also this is what you claim no one had the balls to show you. lol. Blizzard never released it and they don't publicly share sales figures of any pet. They only have shared when it hit the fundraising target which isn't the same thing as sales.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

'After reaching our charity goal we can take your money without you knowing it' - imagine saying 'it does not matter' to that, lol.
    Not what is happening at all. They announce when they reached their goal so nothing of what you claim happened. Quit while you are behind. You have been wrong repeatedly are are now pathetically trying to save face instead of taking the L.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Not what is happening at all. They announce when they reached their goal so nothing of what you claim happened.
    Again no answer showing me official post confirming that they reached/not reached 3M mark on the Dottie...
    Yes - now i quit since it is not worth replying anymore as @Rhole just confirmed that there was no info on this.
    That is enough info for me to keep avoiding Blizzard charities.

... you can also keep naming it 'L'.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2021-03-19 at 05:59 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    That is enough info for me to keep avoiding Blizzard charities.
    So because two out of 13 did not share the amount given to the charity you avoid all Blizzard fundraisers? Why even use Dottie (or Whomper) as a scapegoat if you are avoiding them regardless? Blizzard fundraisers have raised about $26 million just from digital items. That isn't including Whomper, Dottie, or the current one.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    'After reaching our charity goal we can take your money without you knowing it' - imagine saying 'it does not matter' to that, lol.

Actually you are the first with person who 'has balls' to admit that.
    Thanks - that is enough for me.
    If they had reached the 3 million goal, they legally would have been required to tell us, at that point not telling us would be charity fraud, because any money we donated we thought was going to charity was not.

So

1. They never told us it hit the cap, so it's extremely likely they never did, cause if they did then they commited charity fraud.
    2. They have never hit 3 mil with their wow charity drives, and especially with all the bad press over Dottie. It is hilariously unlikely Dottie even got close.
    It is odd why the donations are anonymous so we cant see the amount, but it might be the charities didn't wanna cause a fuse with all the drama going on, as usually charities like to show off the money they get, as it encourages other companies to donate.

But no. If blizzard themselves tried to sweep anything under the rug like that, that could be a business ending fuck.up, so it's pretty easy to say they didn't. Fucking up an eSports event is one thing.
    But charity fraud? Lol that is like literally the worst thing a company can do for their image. No charity will ever work with them again, and of course. "Lol did you hear X fucking commited charity fraud" quick way to lose every investor you have.

for reference as you pointed to earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "Very little chance the wow player base donating anyway near that amount"
    November 2009: Pandaren Monk - over $1.1 million (USD) for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. (was 50%, so technically they spent 2.2 million)
    December 2010: Moonkin Hatchling - over $800 thousand (USD) for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. (Was 50% so technically they spent 1.6 mil)
    May 2011: Cenarion Hatchling - over $1.7 million (USD) for the American Red Cross's Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami relief efforts.
    October 2011: Server blade - over $330 thousand (USD) for the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
    November 2012: Cinder Kitten - over $2.3 million (USD) for the American Red Cross's Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.
    November 2013: Alterac Brandy - over $1 million (USD) for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. (was 50% so technically 2 mil)
    December 2014: Argi - over $1.9 million (USD) for the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
    December 2015: Brightpaw - over $1.7 million (USD) for the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
    December 2016: Mischief - over $2.5 million (USD) for the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
    September 2017: Shadow - over $1.8 million (USD) for the American Red Cross Disaster Relief.
    their closest was mischief which was perfectly time, a legion themed cat coming out at the peak of legion popularity, and also had an adorable cartoon to go with it, it was the perfect storm and it was still half a mil off. dottie being during the drought of BFA... yeah...
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-03-19 at 07:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    If they had reached the 3 million goal, they legally would have been required to tell us, at that point not telling us would be charity fraud, because any money we donated we thought was going to charity was not.

So

1. They never told us it hit the cap, so it's extremely likely they never did, cause if they did then they commited charity fraud.
    2. They have never hit 3 mil with their wow charity drives, and especially with all the bad press over Dottie. It is hilariously unlikely Dottie even got close.
    It is odd why the donations are anonymous so we cant see the amount, but it might be the charities didn't wanna cause a fuse with all the drama going on, as usually charities like to show off the money they get, as it encourages other companies to donate.

But no. If blizzard themselves tried to sweep anything under the rug like that, that could be a business ending fuck.up, so it's pretty easy to say they didn't. Fucking up an eSports event is one thing.
    But charity fraud? Lol that is like literally the worst thing a company can do for their image. No charity will ever work with them again, and of course. "Lol did you hear X fucking commited charity fraud" quick way to lose every investor you have.
    Oh indeed. If you first step into that territory, then you are screwed.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope. They don't legally have to tell us anything about the sales or what amount actually got donated. You were buying a pet where Blizzard would donate set amount of sales to a charity. They told us as much in the fine print. That do not legally have to let people know if that cap was hit. If it was a minimum then there might be a case. Letting people know is a morality thing and having a "counter" is used more to encourage people to hit the goal rather then legal reasons.

It also has nothing to do with the drama surrounding Dottie as Whomper had little drama and also did not have its amount stated. Whomper also did not have a stated cap. Just 100% of purchase price excluding tax/chargebacks and freight and warehouse costs for the plush.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2021-03-19 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I said you were slamming the charity for no good reason and your response said that your reason was a negative opinion over a dude owning a company who has been panned for their shitty practices. I didn't ignore anything because I responded directly to what you've said. Also I'd like to point out that Mr. Kotick doesn't own the company because he doesn't have a controlling stake. He only owns .56% of the companies stock which is 4.5 million shares. That figure is from January so won't include the recent about 2 million shares he got from his bonus.

Earlier posts even stated you were skeptical about the fundraiser and asked why that was toxic. You literally called the fundraiser attempt "shit" and said Mr. Kotick is rich enough to not have to do a fundraiser like this. Can you at least stand by your comments instead of weaseling out? You've been toxic about this fundraiser from the start.
    Except I didn't. I have no issue with the charity itself. I said I didn't need Blizz to tell me it existed and went off on that + Kotick. Not the charity. You're seeing something that ain't there.

I'm skeptical of Kotick and what he owns. Blizzard itself is unfortunately attached to ActivisionBlizzard, so it's not scot-free. I'll readily admit that I'm jaded.

And no, I won't admit to shit I didn't say. I could have formulated it better, but that's not what you said. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"Kotick is rich enough so he doesn't need to do X" Lol. Lol my dude.

Maybe Activision's CEO should donate some of his 200M he just got?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Except I didn't. I have no issue with the charity itself. I said I didn't need Blizz to tell me it existed and went off on that + Kotick. Not the charity. You're seeing something that ain't there. I'm skeptical of Kotick and what he owns. Blizzard itself is unfortunately attached to ActivisionBlizzard, so it's not scot-free. I'll readily admit that I'm jaded.
    So you admit you went off on the charity but you have no issue with it? Do you not see how easy of a contradiction that is?. Mr. Kotick doesn't own Activision Blizzard. He is the CEO. Do you not understand how corporations and stock works?

The awareness part is a little late to the party as well, and like others have stated, Kotick is more than rich enough to donate and actually do something good, instead of this shit. Same crop as Bezos.
    Granted, with Kotick's track record, I can understand why people are more eager to slam him than give him any credit. People like him don't give a shit and will take the mile if given an inch.
    You called the fundraiser "shit" and said that Mr.Kotick is rich enough where Blizzard can't have a fundraiser. You keep trashing the fundraiser with out actually wanting to own up to it. At least you are aware of how toxic you were and how are reluctant to back it up. The fundraiser has nothing to to with Mr.Kotick despite how desperate you are to keep attaching him to it to justify your toxicity.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So you admit you went off on the charity but you have no issue with it? Do you not see how easy of a contradiction that is?. Mr. Kotick doesn't own Activision Blizzard. He is the CEO. Do you not understand how corporations and stock works?

You called the fundraiser "shit" and said that Mr.Kotick is rich enough where Blizzard can't have a fundraiser. You keep trashing the fundraiser with out actually wanting to own up to it. At least you are aware of how toxic you were and how are reluctant to back it up. The fundraiser has nothing to to with Mr.Kotick despite how desperate you are to keep attaching him to it to justify your toxicity.
    ...no. I will say for the last time, I have no problem with the charity, I've donated to a few. I have an issue with Blizzard having to point out that a charity exists. Not. The charity. itself.

" What Is Chief Executive Officer (CEO)?

A chief executive officer (CEO) is the highest-ranking executive in a company, whose primary responsibilities include making major corporate decisions, managing the overall operations and resources of a company, acting as the main point of communication between the board of directors (the board) and corporate operations and being the public face of the company. A CEO is elected by the board and its shareholders. "

He effectively owns it. How pedantic can you get when you think it supports your own drivel but not when I've said multiple times that the chairity doesn't bother me one bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    Maybe Activision's CEO should donate some of his 200M he just got?
    Well, we don't know if Blizzard or individuals have donated or not but that is not the topic of this thread, but a charity. A charity where, if you donate to the event link, have a chance to help unlock a community reward - and if we reach the full goal, a secondary reward which will else be for sale on the store by end of August. And if people are the kind who believes there is some devious plot behind it, Blizzard is not getting a tax write-off for directing you to a charity - you do as a donator, though.

- - - Updated - - -

...no. I will say for the last time, I have no problem with the charity, I've donated to a few. I have an issue with Blizzard having to point out that a charity exists. Not. The charity. itself.
    What are your issues with Blizzard having to highlight charities? I mean, the issue with that is obvious, for people to help people - and not many do it. People select a charity to put a spotlight on and offer a reward for reaching an event goal.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    How do you think they can bring awareness to a fundraiser being done if not by letting people know? Lol. You are splitting hairs to save face. There is nothing wrong with a company telling people that they are sponsoring a fundraiser and asking people to donate.

Mr.Kotick does not effectively own Activision Blizzard. It isn't pedantic to point that out. He does not have a majority of the companies shares so he is no where close to being an owner. The CEO and an owner of a company can be two different individuals. You keep saying the Charity doesn't bother you but also keep saying that you have a problem with being told about the charity and fundraiser.

That means it actually does bother you because you keep finding ways to insult or demean what is happening.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    almost a quarter of the way there

I have donated. Go soak your heads, haters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    almost a quarter of the way there
    Damn, I just had to check because you said it, and we're still only on 2nd day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    I have donated. Go soak your heads, haters.
    Good man, good cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    What are your issues with Blizzard having to highlight charities? I mean, the issue with that is obvious, for people to help people - and not many do it. People select a charity to put a spotlight on and offer a reward for reaching an event goal.
    Just a personal dislike. I didn't want to make a big deal out of it.

And I said I've donated to charities already. Covid relief included.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a personal dislike. I didn't want to make a big deal out of it.

And I said I've donated to charities already. Covid relief included.
    There is no judgement of you having supported charities or not. I was merely curious about the dislike of a company announcing to run a charity event (Unless of course, the dislike is due to the actual company and previous actions) but as you do not wish to disclose reasoning to that, I will leave the case be.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    There is no judgement of you having supported charities or not. I was merely curious about the dislike of a company announcing to run a charity event (Unless of course, the dislike is due to the actual company and previous actions) but as you do not wish to disclose reasoning to that, I will leave the case be.
    I am coming into the conversation late, and I am confused. Are you suggesting it is unethical for a company to use their platform to highlight charities?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if this will work because many WoW players are not having money to donate right now with COVID-19 taking jobs away and closing businesses for months....