Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    What's less in this scenario?

I admit I find hate crime laws as pointless trivialities crime should be punished more then the motive for it but he killed multiple people its death or life imprisonment isnt it.
    Multiple murder sentences often get served simultaneously, not sequentially. Hate crime charges mandate longer sentencing over and above that.

So you're still wrong on this point, and just trying to hand-wave away the race motive for no justifiable reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Multiple murder sentences often get served simultaneously, not sequentially. Hate crime charges mandate longer sentencing over and above that.

So you're still wrong on this point, and just trying to hand-wave away the race motive for no justifiable reason.
    It feels like a triviality to argue so I won't. I'm going to assume that the deranged individual had his own broken logic behind his actions. His targets match up as well there are a host of other locations he could of chosen that would of inflicted more damage then the spas.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Ah, welcome back to the forum. Nice of you to pick up where you left off... defence for murderers.

- - - Updated - - -

Your supporting evidence is that he claims he has a sex addiction and was visiting "sex spas". And boy do you make sure you try your best to drive home that last point.
    Try to keep away honestly but I keep getting drawn back. What defense am I offering exactly?

That his stated motives were most likely his actual motives?

10+ Year Old Account
    Try to keep away honestly but I keep getting drawn back. What defense am I offering exactly?

His stated motives don't fully explain his choice of targets. Given that he targeted Asian massage parlors, and not any of the other sex worker industries in the area.

Given that his stated motives don't explain his choices in full, seeking additional motives is the only reasonable course.

Also, until I see confirmation from a psychiatric diagnosis, I have literally no reason to take his claims of sex addiction seriously. Nobody should.

15+ Year Old Account
    The growing hate towards Asians that has been accelerated the last year is getting to boiling point right about now. The media and the US goverment is playing a huge part into this(and it seems like it will continue under Biden). Why cant we have peaceful racists?

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is why he (21M) decided to kill several people in their 50s to 70s, right? /s

"Removing temptation for sex addiction", what a crock. It says something about y'all that you think accusing someone who murdered multiple people of racism is a step too far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Avoiding hate crime charges on top of what he's already facing.

A really fucking obvious motive to lie about his intent.
    So he's dumb enough to go on a shooting spree yet smart enough to lie to get slightly less charges?

I assume he'd probably be safer in prison as a white supremist "hero" then as a pathetic pervert.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    So he's dumb enough to go on a shooting spree yet smart enough to lie to get slightly less charges?
    One of the constant truths about racists is that they never think they're racist. They've always got a "good reason" to engage in racist actions.

It's less "lying" and more "too fucking stupid to understand his own real motivations".

I assume he'd probably be safer in prison as a white supremist "hero" then as a pathetic pervert.
    He's a pathetic white supremacist pervert. There's no reason to draw distinctions.

One of the constant truths about racists is that they never think they're racist. They've always got a "good reason" to engage in racist actions.

It's less "lying" and more "too fucking stupid to understand his own real motivations".

He's a pathetic white supremacist pervert. There's no reason to draw distinctions.
    The news reports state he has used some of the massage parlors before and that he has been treated for sex addiction. From the two articles I have read there hasn't been a single report of anything racist from him but I may be wrong.

You are assuming its racially motivated cause he now looks like a rural goat fucker. Just like I assume he had an Asian fetish cause his younger picture looks like your stereotypical weeb. We also know he was shy in school and his parents filed a missing persons report on him when he left with his girlfriend at 19.

We already know he shot a white dude. Are you trying to say he realized he was going to get caught so changed his mind and shot other people to make it not look like a hate crime?

10+ Year Old Account
    You are assuming its racially motivated
    Just like I assume he had an Asian fetish
    It's telling that you think there's a difference. Lol.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Definitely a muslim. This is why islam is so dangerous; it radicalizes young males, doesn't matter if it's in Syria, Iraq, or Northern Georgia, Islam is the reason.
    See what i did there?

Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    See what i did there?
    Yes, we saw you tried to deflect to another religion to cover for a murderous fuckwad.

We all saw it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    See what i did there?
    A false equivalency? Yeah, we saw it.

Why do y'all get so defensive when people are critical of white supremacists?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    It's telling that you think there's a difference. Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Race is obviously a factor. Anyone trying to deny that is being willfully ignorant.

The only thing to determine in regards to race is whether it was a primary or secondary motive to the killings.

Also, even if it is determined that the shooter wasn't specifically targeting asians because they were asians... he was specifically targeting women. No mater how it shakes out regarding motive... he still committed a hate-crime. The only difference would be who the target of that hate-crime was.
    There's a difference between targeting someone because you hate their race and being sexually attracted to specific looks. You can't change who you are attracted to but you can stop hating someone based on their race.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-03-19 at 10:50 PM.

Race is obviously a factor. Anyone trying to deny that is being willfully ignorant.

The only thing to determine in regards to race is whether it was a primary or secondary motive to the killings.

Also, even if it is determined that the shooter wasn't specifically targeting asians because they were asians... he was specifically targeting women. No mater how it shakes out regarding motive... he still committed a hate-crime. The only difference would be who the target of that hate-crime was.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a difference between targeting someone because you hate their race and being sexually attracted to specific looks. You can't change who you are attracted to you can stop hating someone.
    Fetishization of a race is still racism.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a difference between targeting someone because you hate their race and being sexually attracted to specific looks.
    1) Y'all need to stop regurgitating the myth that the only racists are people who explicitly say "I hate X group" or even people who "hate", because bigotry is not a function of rage. And 2) racial fetishization is not sexual attraction, sweaty, it's dehumanizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    1) Y'all need to stop regurgitating the myth that the only racists are people who explicitly say "I hate X group" or even people who "hate", because bigotry is not a function of rage. And 2) Fetishization is not sexual attraction, sweaty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Fetishization of a race is still racism.
    We have no idea if he was some weeb who actually had an Asian fetish. I said I assumed he did because his younger picture looked like a stereotypical white nerd and had went to Asian massage parlors in order to point out to Endus that we all have biases like he was automatcially assuming it was some retarded trump supporter trying to save the world from the "China virus" or what ever.

We don't know if his room was filled with kimono's and swords. We do know he went to Asian massage parlors though. Again sexual attraction isn't racism.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-03-19 at 10:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a difference between targeting someone because you hate their race and being sexually attracted to specific looks. You can't change who you are attracted to but you can stop hating someone based on their race.
    Ah yes... the ol’ North American Marlin Brando Lookalike association argument... good one...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

We have no idea if he was some weeb who actually had an Asian fetish. I said I assumed he did because his younger picture looked like a stereotypical white nerd and had went to Asian massage parlors.

We don't know if his room was filled with kimono's and swords. We do know he went to Asian massage parlors though.
    Backpedaling is never a good look.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't know if his room was filled with kimono's and swords. We do know he went to Asian massage parlors though. Again sexual attraction isn't racism.
    No, but assuming he went to Asian massage parlors for sex, is racist...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi