Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Post a screenie (with names removed) of when a group expected you to "deal with it"

Looking at you, mythic+ pug tanks, so many of whom don't understand the counter-intuitive tip that sometimes going slower means going faster.

Think of race cars...drivers are paid millions of dollars to shave fractions of a second off their lap times. But hitting the brakes at the right times is what stops them from crashing and burning!

Edit: Deleted my example, it was derailing the thread (first 25 posts) from encouraging people to post fun screenshots of their own!
    Last edited by garicasha; 2021-03-20 at 04:43 PM.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Only +12 key and you indeed do have Prideful, so I don't really get your point. M+ is after all about doing the run as fast as possible, so saving 3 seconds on several different occassions can sum up to a meaningful amount of time. If you are playing a key that is hard relative to the skill level of your group, you will not time it without taking risks.

Stupid pulls are on different category ofc, but I dont see that in your screenie.

Once you get the pride buff, you just "go go go" due to the massive buff it gives. Don't see anything wrong here. 2/3 grievous stacks don't sound like anything overly bad as well. Then again I'm not a healer so idk
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Looking at you, mythic+ pug tanks, so many of whom don't understand the counter-intuitive tip that sometimes going slower means going faster.

Think of race cars...drivers are paid millions of dollars to shave fractions of a second off their lap times. But hitting the brakes at the right times is what stops them from crashing and burning!

https://imgur.com/a/uKDL3St

^ that wasn't even so bad, managed to recover because we had prideful. Still, there was a significant risk of a wipe that could have been completely averted if I'd had like 3 seconds to fire off a few shadow mends. It's just so silly to risk a key-destroying wipe to shave off 3 seconds. And constantly dragging the healer through the dungeon also forces them in to a cycle of triage healing when a 5-10 sec break could keep them on their efficient heals, netting time in the long run.
    You wrote a post and uploaded an image without even describing the situation. I see the picture and don't understand what's happening or what I should be looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    You wrote a post and uploaded an image without even describing the situation. I see the picture and don't understand what's happening or what I should be looking for.
    They circled the 2-3 grievous stacks so they probably mean that these people should wait before pulling boss until that runs out. The whole thread is about stopping for few seconds etc. as well.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what's the whine about.

During pride buff everyone including healers get a big buff, you want all of it for the boss. Healers can use the buff to top off everyone because they get a ton of mana.

2-3 stacks of grievous on boss pull with pride, call the waaaambulance.

i did that at the start of the season. wait a few seconds after prideful to top people off. people lost their shit about that. never doing that again even if my better judgement says otherwise.

it's honestly why its a bad affix. it's such a big buff that people will start QQing if anything at all goes wrong (or just not the way they prefer) with it. a smaller but longer lasting buff would be much better as it allows for small mistakes/inefficiencies without ruining peoples meters.

Can you explain us what you are whining about OP ? i can't see anything wrong on your screen

So you already wasted somehow 20 seconds of the Pride buff and then as a disc priest who can top people off even easier with the Pride dmg buff AND hero you would rather waste more of the Pride buff to cast shadowmends. The group isnt expecting you to deal with it - the group is actually playing proper and is having to deal with you.

You are playing disc - why exactly do you want to play worse and the group has to deal with it? Could you further explain why exactly you want to top people out of fight as disc? With prideful this is literally a non-issue.

I don't get it... You have pride + hero at the start of the boss with FULL mana... Like someone else said... The group is not expecting YOU to deal with it... The group is the one having to deal with you...
    And just cuz im curious, what did you do for the first 20 seconds of pride?

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Once you get the pride buff, you just "go go go" due to the massive buff it gives. Don't see anything wrong here. 2/3 grievous stacks don't sound like anything overly bad as well. Then again I'm not a healer so idk
    The only thing wrong here is wasting 20 seconds of Pride buff. He can just cast a Power Word Radiance and top everyone while dpsing. He has Pride, BL; Power infusion and Shadowfiend are up so unless people were at 20% hp with 4 grievous stacks, grievous isn't an issue here. And even if people were at low health when engaging the boss, the priest has so much haste with the various buffs that he can easily manage to top people during the early part of the fight.

I cant believe you made such an effort removing the names to show this useless pic that shows something perfectly normal, you actually wanted them to wait for you to top the grievous stacks while you have prideful and are full mana? xd the things you have to see in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    So you already wasted somehow 20 seconds of the Pride buff and then as a disc priest who can top people off even easier with the Pride dmg buff AND hero you would rather waste more of the Pride buff to cast shadowmends. The group isnt expecting you to deal with it - the group is actually playing proper and is having to deal with you.
    Seems like the poor guy's thread backfired.

Imagine thinking yourself some sort of victim, just because you had to heal a little extra due to grievous. While playing one of the better healers to deal with grievous, WHILE have Prideful buff. Fucking hell, it's a wonder how people like this actually get into runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Seems like the poor guy's thread backfired.

Imagine thinking yourself some sort of victim, just because you had to heal a little extra because of grievous. While playing one of the better healers to deal with grievous, WHILE have Prideful buff. Fucking hell.
    And the worst part is that guys like OP are the ones complaining in this forum about raider.io and the pug scene, such a meme, now all makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post

https://imgur.com/a/uKDL3St

^ that wasn't even so bad, managed to recover because we had prideful. Still, there was a significant risk of a wipe that could have been completely averted if I'd had like 3 seconds to fire off a few shadow mends. It's just so silly to risk a key-destroying wipe to shave off 3 seconds. And constantly dragging the healer through the dungeon also forces them in to a cycle of triage healing when a 5-10 sec break could keep them on their efficient heals, netting time in the long run.
    the fact that they pulled instead of waiting is a compliment to your skills as a healer is it not? that they believe in your skills to get them through, and those pride seconds are vital even if it is on fort week =)

You guys had pride buff.

I see nothing wrong here.

10+ Year Old Account
    You had pride buff, and Hakkar does very limited group damage when you pull him.. Waiting would just be wasted time.

Dafuq is your UI OP? It is all over the place. How does it increase your focus?

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand the point of the thread, but your example (your "contribution") is a very bad example/contribution.