Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

When will they release chains of domination?

Do we know when the new patch is out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, and seeing as the PTR isn't even out i'd say around early summer is when it launches

Late May or early June would be my prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    Nope, and seeing as the PTR isn't even out i'd say around early summer is when it launches
    This is weird. So we will play the same content for 7-8 months?! They used to reset the season every 3-4 months or so.

Never. They'll just bind you with them permanently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    This is weird. So we will play the same content for 7-8 months?! They used to reset the season every 3-4 months or so.
    hey bobby just fired - again - around 10% of entire employee numbers, and will fire even more, because they cost less than even 5% of his bonus salary he just got
    what, u want him to get only 185 million usd instead of full 200 (assuming of course all fired employees were minimum wage)?
    and of course all those 'fired' were from non-important department, because 10% of entire work population in a company is just janitors or something
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

You'll not fool us with your feigning of ignorance Aizen, we know you are the great manipulator.

Seasons last 5-6 months, not 3-4. 7 months wouldn't be that far above, especially since the season didn't even start until a few weeks in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    hey bobby just fired - again - around 10% of entire employee numbers, and will fire even more, because they cost less than even 5% of his bonus salary he just got
    I'm sure all those marketing people no longer around will prolong development time by... well, nothing, since they never had anything to do with it. But hey, need to be angry at people.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Do we know when the new patch is out?
    there have been indications that the PTR for 9.1 is about to drop, when that does I would say 4-6 weeks after that. early to mid May is my guess

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    there have been indications that the PTR for 9.1 is about to drop, when that does I would say 4-6 weeks after that. early to mid May is my guess
    Really? Where though?

I guess August end of july at the earliest. They seem sooooooo far behind. We have seen nothing of the patch besides a general concept. I don't think they had anything when Blizzconline was. Or they would have shown it. We didn't even get concept art if i remember correctly. All of that points to a very late release.

And well... i don't hold it against them... Covid and that fire they had just adds up. I think i will take a break in about 1 to 2 months. I don't actually mind to much

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Really? Where though?

I guess August end of july at the earliest. They seem sooooooo far behind. We have seen nothing of the patch besides a general concept. I don't think they had anything when Blizzconline was. Or they would have shown it. We didn't even get concept art if i remember correctly. All of that points to a very late release.

And well... i don't hold it against them... Covid and that fire they had just adds up. I think i will take a break in about 1 to 2 months. I don't actually mind to much
    Yeah, I think they are really struggeling. Blizzconline was the place to show what they had for 9.1, and that wasnt much. We didnt get to see anything special at all, except from consept art and minor stuff. I predict 9.1 coming june by the earliest, august the latest.

I think we are closer to a BC beta than any 9.1 on PTR.

I've already let my sub run out and I wont return before 9.1 is out, at the minimum. I dont mind either, cause SL at this point is quite boring and theres literally nothing of worth to do. All these years of playing wow has thought me that theres no reason to keep on playing if you are bored and just waiting for new content. If you are bored and tierd of current content, just stop playing. It will actually benefit you, cause when/if you return wow might be quite fun.

When it comes to SL overall, I have the same feeling as I did in WoD. I had a great time in the first couple of months, then suddenly I was hit with the feeling of this is just not worth it and not fun. I stayed unsubbed most of WoD. I suspect that will happen for SL too. Hope Blizzard proves me wrong.

7 months per season is a pretty comfortable standard at the moment, especially since you had Christmas as part of it which is basically non-playing time.

what, u want him to get only 185 million usd instead of full 200 (assuming of course all fired employees were minimum wage)?
    and of course all those 'fired' were from non-important department, because 10% of entire work population in a company is just janitors or something
    And how many of them were actual developers?

Spoiler alert

Zero

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    4-6 weeks? You do know that the absolute shortest time a major content patch spent on the PTR was 5 weeks, right? More often than not patches this large spend 2 months on the PTR.

Also I too want sauce for that about to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    4-6 weeks? You do know that the absolute shortest time a major content patch spent on the PTR was 5 weeks, right? More often than not patches this large spend 2 months on the PTR.

This. We don't even see murmurs of 9.1 PTR being ready to drop. No vendor builds, no nothing.

After that, we have to test raid, mega dungeon and zone content alongside probably a bunch of class changes. Gonna be a while until that hits live.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post

I swear I read about it on Wowhead or Icy-Veins but I can't find the damn article. Maybe I was mistaken

5+ Year Old Account
    Should be about May as each tier takes 6 months.

Last week I read several different quotes and all saying best honest guess for 9.1 release is July / August, no earlier.

werent the people laid off mostly esports people for LAN events which basically wont be happening until the end of the year, if you were a ceo and had a whoole bunch of employees you couldnt use would you keep them? also they got a full severence package and benefits for months.

or europe, which from what i understand correct me if im wrong, the amount of severence they have to give to european employees due to EU regulations probably cost more than keeping them a while and the employees will be just fine
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2021-03-20 at 02:06 PM.

Personally I am expecting a late patch... my guess would be early fall but im sure they are pushing for sooner.