Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    hey bobby just fired - again - around 10% of entire employee numbers, and will fire even more, because they cost less than even 5% of his bonus salary he just got
    what, u want him to get only 185 million usd instead of full 200 (assuming of course all fired employees were minimum wage)?
    and of course all those 'fired' were from non-important department, because 10% of entire work population in a company is just janitors or something
    None of them were developers, I don't see how this will affect development, unless you count E-Sports as an important staple in WoW content creation.

The fact that 9.1 still hasn't even been announced to enter the PTR soon is a sign it won't be released anytime soon. The current situation is party responsible for this but I doubt it's the only reason. Things like Kotick receiving even more riches while he works his slaves into poverty must have atleast some impact. All this combined made me no longer interested in what's to come. First I want to see Kotick reverse some of his shit, then I'll think about spending more more on the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevano View Post
    The fact that 9.1 still hasn't even been announced to enter the PTR soon is a sign it won't be released anytime soon. The current situation is party responsible for this but I doubt it's the only reason. Things like Kotick receiving even more riches while he works his slaves into poverty must have atleast some impact. All this combined made me no longer interested in what's to come. First I want to see Kotick reverse some of his shit, then I'll think about spending more more on the company.
    Sadly, the business model they have right now is working perfectly for the people on top. Didnt they have record revenue last year? They are raking in money while tiring out the workforce and delivers worse and worse content/games.

Nothing besides mobile games and steady updates from wow will come out from Blizzard the next years. nothing innovative that they might lose money on. The model they have now showers them with money, cause apparently people spend money on the products/game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Do we know when the new patch is out?
    June at the earliest.

Each patch tend to be around 6-7 months

Not soon enough unfortunately. The game needs 9.1 now. April is the best launch for it and mau is realistic.

Anything past the month of may is a catastrophic failure on blizzards part and SL won’t be able to recover if it’s July/aug

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Last week I read several different quotes and all saying best honest guess for 9.1 release is July / August, no earlier.
    Last time I said August I was called a dumb troll with a hate boner for Blizzard. I'm not saying it is good to be right, but it is good to be right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Not soon enough unfortunately. The game needs 9.1 now. April is the best launch for it and mau is realistic.

Anything past the month of may is a catastrophic failure on blizzards part and SL won’t be able to recover if it’s July/aug
    May would need an immediate PTR drop and a two months or less PTR. Not impossible, but highly unlikely for a patch of this size. June should be the idealistic, conservative estimate. Sorry.

PTR for 8.1 was 2.5 months long.... and with 9.1 having much content, parallel BC development and current situation i wouldnt be surprised about 3 months PTR with a release in july or august.

May is impossible, june probably way too early.

I agree that august is late, but sadly, development looks too far behind and slow.
    Last edited by Aurosh; 2021-03-20 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Last time I said August I was called a dumb troll with a hate boner for Blizzard. I'm not saying it is good to be right, but it is good to be right.

- - - Updated - - -

May would need an immediate PTR drop and a two months or less PTR. Not impossible, but highly unlikely for a patch of this size. June should be the idealistic, conservative estimate. Sorry.
    I personally don’t even think June is realistic and by the time July/August comes out, it’ll be too late to save the sinking ship of SL

Blizz should have at least had a mini raid and zone like mechagon in 9.0.5 if they weren’t gonna be ready for 9.1 til late summer.

My mythic guild has been raiding together since vanilla and I’ve never seen an expac fall off as fast as SL. Even wod and bfa held our raiders together the entire expac, but we may not make it to 9.1 if it’s still 2-4 months off

I love people talking about them laying off e-sports employees for Overwatch and Call of Duty is the reason 9.1 isn't on the PTR yet.

My bet is mid June which would be a 6 month tier which is a good amount of time.

Late may or some time in June.
    We almost done with march, a patch the side of an X.1 Is often in the PTR for over an month alteast

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares? It won't be enough to save the shit show that is Shadowlands.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    hey bobby just fired - again - around 10% of entire employee numbers, and will fire even more, because they cost less than even 5% of his bonus salary he just got
    what, u want him to get only 185 million usd instead of full 200 (assuming of course all fired employees were minimum wage)?
    and of course all those 'fired' were from non-important department, because 10% of entire work population in a company is just janitors or something
    You could at least try to know what you're talking about.

The people they just let go with the nice severance packages, were in marketing, not development.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    You could at least try to know what you're talking about.

The people they just let go with the nice severance packages, were in marketing, not development.
    Can you back that up?

7+ Year Old Account
    Im guessing May
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Can you back that up?
    It's literally been all over the place.

E-sports/live events which is basically marketing.

https://screenrant.com/blizzard-fire...et-gift-cards/

3 months of pay.
    1 year of continued full health benefits, not cheap for any company, especially for 190 employees.
    And the laughable $200 gift card of Blizzard balance. (I personally think they should just give these employees free copies of games over the next 3 years or something like this. $200 is too paltry, even with the other benefits, it just feels weird, it costs them nothing to give out some Blizz balance, it also costs them nothing to let these employees have free copies of whatever games they want to play.)
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    It's literally been all over the place.

E-sports/live events which is basically marketing.

https://screenrant.com/blizzard-fire...et-gift-cards/

3 months of pay.
    1 year of continued full health benefits, not cheap for any company, especially for 190 employees.
    And the laughable $200 gift card of Blizzard balance. (I personally think they should just give these employees free copies of games over the next 3 years or something like this. $200 is too paltry, even with the other benefits, it just feels weird, it costs them nothing to give out some Blizz balance, it also costs them nothing to let these employees have free copies of whatever games they want to play.)
    yep seen ALOT of disingenous headlines " BLIZZ LAYS OF EMPLOYEESS GIVES THEM MEASLY 200$ GIFT CARD" and alot of people with those headlines in their youtube videos are the same people that complain about real journalist.... a year of health coverage and 3 months severence is no small deal, but the clickbaiters gotta clickbait,

5+ Year Old Account
    Yup it's gonna be a while.

anyways back on top if korthia is mechagon/nazjatar sized which based on the delay it might be, they might be making this their equiv of nazjatar and go straight into the last patch after that..which will frankly dissapoint me, since they are on the 2 year xpac time frame they could be behind..dont want this xpac to be incomplete like wod i actuallly like it alot, but minority opinion i guess

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    yep seen ALOT of disingenous headlines " BLIZZ LAYS OF EMPLOYEESS GIVES THEM MEASLY 200$ GIFT CARD" and alot of people with those headlines in their youtube videos are the same people that complain about real journalist.... a year of health coverage and 3 months severence is no small deal, but the clickbaiters gotta clickbait,
    Wish they would make the headlines, "Blizzard lays off 190, big severance package given" or something like that, but God forbid we are honest.

What happened to journalism?
    "A flower.

So is it looking like:
    - Late May : 9.1 Chains of Domination
    - Late June : Classic TBC

Still trying to understand why they wouldn't release Classic content right in the middle of retail content droughts... that would be an easy way to keep the subs up