Page 30 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    1. You've said there's no more character development in this cut than in the theatrical. This is not true.
    2. You then tried to apply an arbitrary metric to the character development. This was not valid.
    3. You've then tried to say that you're not angry and you're not arguing, but just telling people they're wrong.
    4. Issue is they're not wrong and you're still at it.
    5. You've then tried to call me a liar in a clearly angry tone, even though I'm simply showing you what you've said.

So...yeah. There was character development, you just didn't find it satisfactory. And that's okay. Just don't get so mad about it.
    1. It is true. In both movies, Cyborg, for example, was mad at his dad for turning him into a monster then embracing it by the end. Spending 20 minutes to say he's mad at his dad for making him monster and giving him evil looks in SC when the same information is given more efficiently in half the time in the TC, does not mean the SC has more character development. It just has more exposition. The character development in the SC with all that extra time wasn't;t even nuanced. Cyborg is exactly the same throughout the whole movie, until his arc is over and he's at the grave then all of a sudden he loves himself. There was no growth, no development...he was one way the entire time then all of a sudden he was different.

2. It was purely for explanation purposes because you seem to struggle with simple concepts.

3. No the fuck i didn't. You are being obtuse, i just don't know if its intentional or not.

4. You're still at it. So again, why are you still at it?

5. I called you a liar because you lied...repeatedly....even did it again in this post.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    1. It is true. In both movies, Cyborg, for example, was mad at his dad for turning him into a monster then embracing it by the end. Spending 20 minutes to say he's mad at his dad for making him monster and giving him evil looks in SC when the same information is given more efficiently in half the time in the TC, does not mean the SC has more character development. It just has more exposition. The character development in the SC with all that extra time wasn't;t even nuanced. Cyborg is exactly the same throughout the whole movie, until his arc is over and he's at the grave then all of a sudden he loves himself. There was no growth, no development...he was one way the entire time then all of a sudden he was different.

2. It was purely for explanation purposes because you seem to struggle with simple concepts.

3. No the fuck i didn't. You are being obtuse, i just don't know if its intentional or not.

4. You're still at it. So again, why are you still at it?

5. I called you a liar because you lied...repeatedly....even did it again in this post.
    1. Subjective and your opinion only.
    2. In your opinion I struggle.
    3. Yep, you’re angry.
    4. Still waiting for you to answer the question of why it bothers you so much that people see development when you don’t.
    5. Still waiting for evidence that I lied.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    1. Subjective and your opinion only.
    2. In your opinion I struggle.
    3. Yep, you’re angry.
    4. Still waiting for you to answer the question of why it bothers you so much that people see development when you don’t.
    5. Still waiting for evidence that I lied.
    1. No it isn't. Tell me where I was wrong in my synopsis of Cyborg. Was he or was he not angry in both movies at his dad for making him a "monster"? Did he or did he not embrace being the monster in the end of both movies? Go ahead tell me where I'm off.
    2, No it isn't.
    3. I'm angry you are lying, not because you liked the movie or not. Also, once again, I'm not arguing over whether someone liked the movie or not.
    4. I'm waiting for you to understand you're doing the same thing.
    5. I've given evidence numerous times now. i've literally gone back and quoted myself to show you I didn't say what you said I did or make a point you said i did.

At this point, you cannot even argue you're not a bad faith poster.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

1. No it isn't. Tell me where I was wrong in my synopsis of Cyborg. Was he or was he not angry in both movies at his dad for making him a "monster"? Did he or did he not embrace being the monster in the end of both movies? Go ahead tell me where I'm off.
    2, No it isn't.
    3. I'm angry you are lying, not because you liked the movie or not. Also, once again, I'm not arguing over whether someone liked the movie or not.
    4. I'm waiting for you to understand you're doing the same thing.
    5. I've given evidence numerous times now. i've literally gone back and quoted myself to show you I didn't say what you said I did or make a point you said i did.

At this point, you cannot even argue you're not a bad faith poster.
    1. You said the character development was at the same level, as per your arbitrary numbers. It’s not. The relationship between Cyborg and his father is far deeper in the Snyder version. The arc is the same. You seem to be confusing the depth of development and the arc. Whether you like the development or not is secondary. But it is there.
    2. Yep. It’s your opinion. And this struggle you’re having is symptomatic of the entire conversation. You’re just really mad that no one is agreeing with you. It’s kinda funny seeing you implode.
    3. You’re just angry that no one is agreeing with you. Hell, most people are just ignoring you.
    4. I’m speaking to you quite calmly. I’m not even looking for you to see the film my way, in as much you’re welcome to hate it. I’m simply pointing out it’s subjective. You’re insisting that it’s your way or no way, and that people have to agree that there’s no development.
    5. You’re saying you’ve given me proof. There is none. You’ve said ad hominem that I’m factually wrong by saying there’s development. I’m saying you’re wrong. We’re not agreeing. You’re upset by this and randomly accusing me of lying too.

I’m off to bed. Good night.

this movie is still trash. bloated (why the hell is the bank scene with ww even in there?) and damn does this "director" like slowmotion....
    not worth the 4h it takes to sit threw and yeah the 4:3 ratio whats up with that, are we back in the 80ies and no one told me?...

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    What bank scene with WW?
    The Old Bailey scene, which even I thought was supposed to be the Bank of England. I didn’t see issue with it being there. Reminded me of the busting Scarecrow scene from the Dark Knight. A ‘cool guy’ way to introduce a superhero. Fairly innocuous and kinda unnecessary at the same time.

Even YOU?!?!?! OMG, stop the presses!
    I legit zoned out during that scene so was just like ‘surely they’re trying to do a symbolic take down the financial heart of England’ type deal. The whole ‘take down lady justice’ symbolism totally skipped me. It’s my least favourite action scene in the film.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Having sat through it all, I found the first hour or two pretty awesome, then it kind of dunked itself in the last hour or two in a mess of effects, glamour and overt self-importance which is pretty unfortunate - it blew the climax which sucks when the movie is so long. It's not much better than the original but they easily could've made this version into two parts to try and rival Marvel and make a profit instead of barely striking even.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not.

There's no character development in that 4 hour piece of shit that wasn't in the theatrical version.
    Again, Wrong, just cyborg story alone, show a better character presentation and development than the theatrical version

and that is beyond personal taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was it perfect no, but it was way better than Whedon's. It did Cyborg, Flash and Steppenwolf some justice and wow it made me like Cyborg. The CGI was a mess but it was fuck as hell to watch. 7.5/10. I want to see a Knightmare movie!

Jesus you're attacking each other over a movie. WITH BULLET POINTS NO LESS.

Fact: It's not Endgame, but it's a damn solid movie. Better than most DCs so far? Yes. Could've been better? Yes.

In the end people just want to bash things for the sake of "my marvel is bigger than yours". Enjoy both for what they are and what they mean.

Watched it last night. Really enjoyed it, huge improvement on the theatrical release. Sure it is very long, however each character got the time they needed and there was enough for me to enjoy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post

Fact: It's not Endgame, but it's a damn solid movie. Better than most DCs so far? Yes. Could've been better? Yes.

In the end people just want to bash things for the sake of "my marvel is bigger than yours". Enjoy both for what they are and what they mean.
    its not about marvel vs DC, my dude.

I wish... I really wish DC would realize what a treasure trove they have in their animated division and had THOSE people doing live action. or at the very least writing it. DC animated movies are amazing, their animated series are fabulous - their Luthor is NOT a goddamn joker without facepaint but an actual intelligent charismatic mastermind. fuck, their LIVE ACTION SERIES are better then any of their recent movies with possible exception of first wonder woman. yes, I said it.

and the funny thing is... i didn't even like Endgame. I thought it had plenty of issues of its own. my criticism of justice league has NOTHING to do with Marvel. it has to do with the movie itself and how its made, and the only thing I'm comparing it to, personaly, is other iterations of justice league.

Great. You’ve stated your OPINIONS. The debate you two are having, trying to claim subjective shit is somehow factual, is pointless and silly as shit.
    I haven't had any debate in a few pages. and yeah sure, preferences, subjective opinions and all but at the same time its also your subjective opinions, preferences, etc. so it goes both ways. /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    Was impressed. As someone who thought this movie was gonna be shit, or as shit as the theatrical release I was so wrong. It's actually better in near every aspect. Shockingly so.

Overall the narrative and flow of this movie was miles better, so good in fact you can clearly make out from the original release where there changes were made and why they were made to begin with, So yes, movie is actually pretty good.

With that said was it a great movie? As a movie itself it was still pretty fun, it would score a solid 6/10 maybe a 7/10. Which is a big improvement on the 4/10 I gave the theatrical release :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2021-03-21 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post

Pretty much my point though. Folks need to just chill out and let others enjoy the movie. If they don’t like it or have a different view, that’s okay too. But to go overboard and be like ‘NO CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT IN THIS EMO SHIT’ is just childish.

Watched it yesterday. And, while it was better than the theatrical release, I still didn't think it was very good. A lot of the problems from the Whedon cut manifest here as well. Mainly in how much the League needs Superman. They're pretty pathetic without him around...and as soon as he shows up Steppenwolf is no longer a threat. They didn't need to work together as a team...they just needed Superman.

The CGI on Steppenwolf was better in the Snyder cut...but again, still not very good. Cyborg looked about the same as in the Whedon cut (which is still not good). Darkseid just looked bad.

The inclusion of Martian Manhunter is just baffling. All he does is pretend to be Martha Kent...because apparently he really need Lois Lane to get back to work. A scene that works much better when it's actually Martha Kent reaching out to the woman that her son loved. And then we don't see him again until he shows up after the big fight just to say "hey, I know I did absolutely nothing when the Kryptonians, Doomsday, and Steppenwolf came to wipe out humanity...but you can totes count on me the next time".

But the biggest take away for me was that it's very obvious that the decision to make Justice League before the solo movies for Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman was a mistake. In Whedon's version...those characters are just thrown into the movie without much explanation. In Snyder's Cut...we get more time with those heroes...but it adds 2 hours to the movie and just destroys the pacing.

And i really don't think Snyder used that time to introduce those characters very well. I don't feel like I got a better idea of who Barry Allen is by having him stare at a pretty girl and stuff a hot dog in his pocket so he can get a job walking dogs (which is a ridiculous job for the Flash to take...he should be looking at jobs that allow him to use his speed to get done faster... and dog walking isn't one of them). I also don't really understand how a guy working multiple jobs just to pay his way through a criminal justice degree has the spare cash floating around to get the space age material he needed to build his Flash costume....not to mention all the computers and such he had.

Same for Cyborg really. All I got was that Cyborg has daddy issues...which was established just as well in the Whedon cut. I didn't need to see him spend time watching surveillance videos and hacking into a bank in order to give a random woman $100,000...just for him to turn around and say "fuck the world" when Wonder Woman asks him for help. I also didn't really get why his dad needed to lock himself in the room with the super powered laser he operated with a remote. It's not like when he was in Terminator 2 and was already shot to shit and all he had hang on long enough for everyone to get out of the building. Between that and Johnathan Kent... I think Zack Snyder just has a fetish for fathers pointlessly sacrificing themselves while their sons stand their watching.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    its not about marvel vs DC, my dude.

I wish... I really wish DC would realize what a treasure trove they have in their animated division and had THOSE people doing live action. or at the very least writing it. DC animated movies are amazing, their animated series are fabulous - their Luthor is NOT a goddamn joker without facepaint but an actual intelligent charismatic mastermind. fuck, their LIVE ACTION SERIES are better then any of their recent movies with possible exception of first wonder woman. yes, I said it.
    This. A thousand times this.

They should have convinced Bruce Timm to be their Kevin Feige.

I've only watched half of this movie so far, but just like BVS I'm having a hard time just staying awake. These movies appear to just be joylessly going through the motions. Some scenes are so obviously green screen CGI, it's hard to not just laugh out loud. I don't know, I want to give DCEU movies a chance, but they just all seem to drop the ball in so many areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    I also didn't really get why his dad needed to lock himself in the room with the super powered laser he operated with a remote. It's not like when he was in Terminator 2 and was already shot to shit and all he had hang on long enough for everyone to get out of the building. Between that and Johnathan Kent... I think Zack Snyder just has a fetish for fathers pointlessly sacrificing themselves while their sons stand their watching.

Loooool so true! Same scene, different movie. And it made no sense lol