Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    That's the price of playing alts, you have to... play 'em.
    And the campaign quest is literally the quickest way to get them ...

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Would be nice to skip covenants quests you have already done on another character.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    After alot of soul searching...and yes, completing that covenent campaign quest for the 6th time on my mage, I realized that yes, I agree, if the questline was given while you were leveling an alt through Threads of Fate, and gave exp as well as the gear (but you could not equip it til lvl 60) That would be AMAZING.

I still think if you have completed the campaign once, and you swap a covenent, you should be given an option to skip the campaign quests and just take the 7 renown for a nice little boost so you don't feel completely far behind when swapping covenents. This would allow players to be able to use their soulbinds a little earlier and work on getting the other 33 renown they need.

I understand WHY it cannot be like this tho, they tied those quests TO the renown system, so you need 22 renown to get the entire questline. I get that as well. However an option to skip it and just collect the renown and armor would be nice. If you're swapping covenents though the armor isnt a huge deal, chances are you already have gear thats better ilvl.
    It would be amazing if they had campaign quest tied into leveling. I've lvld a couple of characters to 60 and except from on my main, i've chosen treads of fate. Yeah its quick and all, but its quite boring just doing those bonus objectives and the same few dungeons over and over. Would be cool with campaign story along the way.

Its also frustrating knowing that once I reach 60, I gotta farm the campaign yet again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    Renown should be account wide per covenant. Makes no sense me that I have 3 night fae alts having to do stuff all over again......
    Blizzard usally tend to view alts as "Clean slate" and not an extension of previous character

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    Blizzard usally tend to view alts as "Clean slate" and not an extension of previous character
    Yeah but they used to believe in dungeons dropping reasonable levels of loot and for their not to be a month of catch up systems to drag people behind. Just as these terrible changes went through I think its time we consider some good ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    After alot of soul searching...and yes, completing that covenent campaign quest for the 6th time on my mage, I realized that yes, I agree, if the questline was given while you were leveling an alt through Threads of Fate, and gave exp as well as the gear (but you could not equip it til lvl 60) That would be AMAZING.

I still think if you have completed the campaign once, and you swap a covenent, you should be given an option to skip the campaign quests and just take the 7 renown for a nice little boost so you don't feel completely far behind when swapping covenents. This would allow players to be able to use their soulbinds a little earlier and work on getting the other 33 renown they need.

I understand WHY it cannot be like this tho, they tied those quests TO the renown system, so you need 22 renown to get the entire questline. I get that as well. However an option to skip it and just collect the renown and armor would be nice. If you're swapping covenents though the armor isnt a huge deal, chances are you already have gear thats better ilvl.
    So you started the thread with the idea to skip campaign of you already did it, ok
    Then you added that you should get the 7 renown for skipping (????)
    and then you added that should also get the whole transmog gear for skipping too, lmao.
    whats the next step? getting all covenant buildings instantly upgraded to the highest version you might have on any char f after switching covenant?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I mean technically you don't have to do the storyline. why do you think you need to do the storyline?
    Covenant set, one of the most important thing from covenant, together with mounts and transmogs.

Never really understood this entitlement for alts. Alts are characters on their own, just because you leveled a character shouldn't mean that you will now be granted the ability to play any class at the same point as your main.

You need to complete the campaign for the covenant set tho, and to upgrade it, right? That's still a bummer even if you could skip it for renown only.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Covenant set, one of the most important thing from covenant, together with mounts and transmogs.
    I thought certain renowned was tied to it as well or can you hit 40 without it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    You need to complete the campaign for the covenant set tho, and to upgrade it, right? That's still a bummer even if you could skip it for renown only.
    It's stuff like this that makes me not play alts and just go play something else tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can we get a campaign and other solo bullshit skip on MAINS? I'd pay for it if that wouldn't incentivize Blizzard to go on with this shitty game design.

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Lighter View Post
    I thought certain renowned was tied to it as well or can you hit 40 without it?
    Yes that's the real problem. If you could cap renown without doing the campaign I'd be OK with it-- but I would also be perfectly fine with allowing people who already completed it skip it on their alts. Of course all 4 covenants would be separate there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    So you started the thread with the idea to skip campaign of you already did it, ok
    Then you added that you should get the 7 renown for skipping (????)
    and then you added that should also get the whole transmog gear for skipping too, lmao.
    whats the next step? getting all covenant buildings instantly upgraded to the highest version you might have on any char f after switching covenant?

1. I was saying skip it if you completed it on a previous character and you're max level. However if you're leveling, its not a HUGE issue to me to do the quest line for exp.

2. Awarding the 7 renown for a max level character for skipping the covenant campaign would be alt friendly and help get alts into max level content. Your Soul Binds are a huge source of power this expansion and getting a few slots unlocked on an alt is not going to destroy the game.

3. I said award the gear to players who are leveling and doing the campaign but keep it at lvl 60 so when they hit max level, they can possibly jump into Heroics or even mythics and join the players in Mythic +. How is this a negative? also how is awarding the gear for skipping a huge LMAO from you? its poorly itemized and statted, its going to be quickly replaced by Mythic and Mythic + gear so all it serves is a stepping stone to get you into that content. You can buy the gear for cheep anyway - 1 or 2 days of World Quests and wow, I got 8 pieces of 197 gear. Giving the base versions for skipping the questline is SOOOO overpowerd. Nevermind the Necrolord cloth set is almost all versatility on my Shadow Priest, LET ME INTO MYTHIC DENATHRIUS! I SKIPPED!!!!

4. As someone who has Swapped their covenants after getting the Teleport mirrors, the Mission Table, AND the Anima Conductor Maxed out as well as all anima lines connected, I do not agree with giving all the buildings maxed out when you swap covenants. Cause those upgrades remain when you swap back to that covenant as well as the Anima you have stored up in the reserve. You took what is simple quality of life request from me and tried to strawman the shit out of it by taking it to the extreme.

10+ Year Old Account
    You took what is simple quality of life request from me and tried to strawman the shit out of it by taking it to the extreme.
    The point was to show you how you started this thread with a simple, totally acceptable idea...and suddenly added more and more stuff to it for fuck all reason and shifted into greed/ entitlement for having done this shit on a mindboggling amount of alts directly at the start of the expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    The point was to show you how you started this thread with a simple, totally acceptable idea...and suddenly added more and more stuff to it for fuck all reason and shifted into greed/ entitlement for having done this shit on a mindboggling amount of alts directly at the start of the expansion
    Here is a compromise then

1. At the start of the expansion : Yes, everyone and their alts should go through the questline and get the renown and gear normally since we're still getting renown on our mains and such. I do not think many reasonable individuals would object to this.

However

2. At the 9.0.5 point, when we have reached the 40 renown cap and the catch up mechanics are in place to the point where hey... you probably have went through the quest line on a few characters. Why not allow people who have completed the questline on another character to skip the questline, get the 7 renown, and the gear set in order to jump into the content right away? I think that is pretty reasonable at the point where the renown system is done for the most part and the catch up is going to speed you along to 40 anyway.

Can we just skip shadowlands and move on to the next expansion already? I'd seriously prefer to be playing WoD right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Skip the initial maw run itself, but the story? Why? The whole point of leveling is to explore the new land you're in, do the quests to understand what's going on, and prepare yourself for the end-game raiding content.
    The story as it is won't prepare you for raiding content. At best you'll still have to do the covenant quests to get a full set of gear and then you have to load it all up with anima crap which takes longer than it should.

i wish u can skip more content on alts.

I just want to be able to skip the intro where you go and "save" the leaders but don't really save them part. Why did someone think making you slower than molasses to move the crown to different points was a good idea?

UGH.