10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Great, I fully support the use of unions.
    No, you don't. Because unions require legal protections against being busted, and you don't like regulation on business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    No you don't. Because unions require legal protections against being busted, and you don't like regulation on business.
    Now you are telling me what I support? Weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now you are telling me what I support? Weird.
    You have already told us plenty of times what your attitudes to government and regulation are.

Both of those things things are necessary components in ensuring unions are effective as a means of wage negotiation in the absence of minimum wage laws. So when you say "we can get on fine without minimum wage like Germany", what you're calling for is even stronger regulations than would exist under a hiked minimum wage.

Pardon me if I find that laughably contradictory and couched in ignorance of other countries.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

You have already told us plenty of times what your attitudes to government and regulation are.

Both of those things things are necessary components in ensuring unions are effective as a means of wage negotiation in the absence of minimum wage laws. So when you say "we can get on fine without minimum wage like Germany", what you're calling for is even stronger regulations than would exist under a hiked minimum wage.

Pardon me if I find that laughably contradictory.
    You are claiming I don't support something I just said I supported.

You really should stop lying.

Some countries do just fine with no forced minimum wage.
    As others have said? Such as?

And also remember that ones with strong UNIONS make that unneeded as their collective bargaining power sets that minimum wage for them. So if you mention them, you are admitting it is needed by some force stronger than the individual or the fabled free market to set it.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are claiming I don't support something I just said I supported.
    And I'm claiming what you said is a lie based on the positions you've supported previously. Shocker.

Doesn't change you saying "we don't need minimum wage" and then pointing to highly regulated labor markets as a evidence, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    As others have said? Such as?

And also remember that ones with strong UNIONS make that unneeded as their collective bargaining power sets that minimum wage for them. So if you mention them, you are admitting it is needed by some force stronger than the individual or the fabled free market to set it.
    It was provided.

I support unions.

- - - Updated - - -

And I'm claiming what you said is a lie based on the positions you've supported previously. Shocker.
    Well, my claims state otherwise. You were refuted before you even lied.

10+ Year Old Account
    I support unions.
    Why unions, but not minimum wage.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, my claims state otherwise. You were refuted before you even lied.
    No, actually, pretty sure I qualified that you weren't allowed to use countries with strong union protections as evidence because it makes no sense opposing minimum wage while also supporting a union-dominated labor market.

Unless of course one happens to hold the moronic belief that because government is mandating the wage as opposed to a government backed union, it's different somehow.

Why unions, but not minimum wage.

- - - Updated - - -

No, actually, pretty sure I qualified that you weren't allowed to use countries with strong union protections as evidence because it makes no sense opposing minimum wage while also supporting a union-dominated labor market.
    So, you want to move goalposts and whine... weird.

You don't get to make the rules.

Unions are simply an act of voluntary collective bargaining, which I fully support.

@Machismo

And whether you support unions or not, the fact of the matter is that unions are effectively dead in America for the working class outside of the police so you can't rely on them to negotiate that wage, which still puts you back to needing the government to fill that need until Unions are back with enough power to fill it instead, which won't be for decades to a century from now given all the damage done to them by the "No regulation" fuck ups.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's great... unless you're that 2% who loses their jobs...
    And yet you still can't read that it wasn't 2%, it was "maybe 0.5%". And perhaps those "maybe 0.5%" were working two jobs before but now only need to work one, so hurray for them!

You're holding on to a whole lotta nothing here.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

It was provided.

I support unions.
    Great, you provided proof that you couldn't find a place succeeding without a minimum wage of some sort, think you. And you can support the unions but until they are strong enough to do their jobs, the government will need to do it instead. Just like the government was needed to protect the unions to give the workers that bargaining power to begin with.

Sorry but, government regulations are a necessity in the labor market, like it or not.

@Machismo

And whether you support unions or not, the fact of the matter is that unions are effectively dead in America for the working class outside of the police so you can't rely on them to negotiate that wage, which still puts you back to needing the government to fill that need until Unions are back with enough power to fill it instead, which won't be for decades to a century from now given all the damage done to them by the "No regulation" fuck ups.
    Well, only buy products from companies that employ union staff.

Problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unions are simply an act of voluntary collective bargaining, which I fully support.
    And what's the difference between workers voluntarily bargaining collectively through a union versus workers voluntarily bargaining collectively through a political party, exactly.

Great, you provided proof that you couldn't find a place succeeding without a minimum wage of some sort, think you. And you can support the unions but until they are strong enough to do their jobs, the government will need to do it instead. Just like the government was needed to protect the unions to give the workers that bargaining power to begin with.

Sorry but, government regulations are a necessity in the labor market, like it or not.
    I literally provided multiple countries.

Enjoy!!!

- - - Updated - - -

And what's the difference between workers voluntarily bargaining collectively through a union versus workers voluntarily bargaining collectively through a political party, exactly.
    When the force of government is used.

It's not that complicated.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're different because reasons, got it. Lol.

Well, only buy products from companies that employ union staff.

Problem solved.
    Cop out given.....

You know that doesn't work because it takes an educated and informed populace, and judging by the number of Trump supporters, we ain't got it.

And even if we had a more educated populace than even in the history of this nation, that still wouldn't happen due to all the different companies it would take to research on, along with all the ones they deal with as they try and outsource it to others to avoid that negative stigma while pretending they didn't know when caught.

And that doesn't even get into the concept of monopolies where you really don't have other options.

Can you please get out of fantasy land and return to reality. Your policies are massively damaging to the nation and the populace as a whole when implemented.

- - - Updated - - -

I literally provided multiple countries.

Enjoy!!!.
    You provided multiple countries with strong unions, which we don't have.... Now try again.

10+ Year Old Account

Force of government was used to abolish slavery.

Would you have preferred people instead chose just buy products from shops that don't employ slavery? Problem solved?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

They're different because reasons, got it. Lol.
    Yes, one is a guy with a gun, telling you to do it, or he will soot you in the fucking face.

Government is used and needed to protect Unions from the employers subverting and crushing them as has been proven in our own history.........