Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    We don't even know if they can actually die. Denathrius had to be sealed into a sword and even then he still can exert his will through other means during the campain. Maybe they are immortal unless their realm gets destroyed, maybe killing them destroys their realm. They certainly couldn't be arsed to kill him back then either and only imprisoned him. We just don't know anything concrete yet, only that he supposedly let the Archon live when he could have easily killed her with his Anduin sock-puppet.
    It’s not that they can’t die. Hell, Devos was legit tryna kill the Archon, and it’s stated that the Jailer’s goal was to kill the Arbiter. And the Arbiter is also an Eternal One. It’s just that the members respective realms get fucked in the process, unless there is a successor, or a new leader in place/entrusted upon before they die (I think).

The strength of the realms also connect to the strength of the Eternal One. It’s why the Jailer’s power grows infinitely while new souls go to the Maw

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I doubt the Jailer wants to kill the Archon. He probably wants to torture her or fuck with her tbh. Pretty sure torturing the Eternal Ones as payback for what he’s gone through is exactly what the Jailer wants.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think what's going to happen is this or actually what I want to happen:

1. Primus will be freed.
    2. Anduin will be released from the chains of domination.
    3. We going to meet Asspullarians aka The First Ones and discover more secrets of the Cosmos.
    4. Sylvanas will be killed.
    5. Then we all go to Ember Court with Prince Renathal and have huge party.

What makes me wonder is if we killed N'zoth, is he in Shadowlands? Because I saw some tentacles in the Maw and I freaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Deathwing, N'zoth, Azshara and Xavius say hello. Cosmic entities with decades of lore buildup can be quickly wrapped up in a Raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing occured to me. BlizzCon. While patterns can always change so far we always had a WoW expansion every second BlizzCon and the last one had none so the next one should logically speaking include an expansion. Question is, when will we get the next one? Is it going to be this november as usual? Or february again. Or do they think BlizzConline was enough for 2021 and we will have another as late as 2022 November?

Even if we get 9.1 on the PTR today and finish testing in a month that will be late April for release. 7 months from november, so it is a tight schedule if they want to squeeze in another major content patch between 9.1 and BlizzCon.

If they go with February that gives them 10 months. More than enough for 9.2 but not 9.3

2022 November would be way too late for an announcement as that would be 24 months into the expansion.

So they have to announce the new expansion around 9.2
    Blizzard could announce an expansion in the middle of next year

They are likely using the delays and everything to their advantage to lower end of expansion drought

Let’s also keep in mind Late May is the 7th month mark

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    What makes me wonder is if we killed N'zoth, is he in Shadowlands? Because I saw some tentacles in the Maw and I freaked out.
    Void creatures don't go to the Shadowlands, he'd go back where he came from. The tentacles you saw were Helya's.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account

1. Primus will be freed.
    3. We going to meet Asspullarians aka The First Ones and discover more secrets of the Cosmos.

Eternal ones aren't ass pulls, N'zoth went back to the void, same as all killed Old Gods that get utterly decimated. Whatever big dramatic end we might see in 8.1, I am wondering if old god whispers have anything to do with it(That one line)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Void creatures don't go to the Shadowlands, he'd go back where he came from. The tentacles you saw were Helya's.
    Ok that’s good to know. At least he is out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Eternal ones aren't ass pulls, N'zoth went back to the void, same as all killed Old Gods that get utterly decimated. Whatever big dramatic end we might see in 8.1, I am wondering if old god whispers have anything to do with it(That one line)
    Yea, I’m not saying this in a bad way. They created light and void so they are kinda responsible for all this mess. The name fits them so well, someone invented it on this forum and it’s so funny. "Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator." Probably that line, because it’s the most disturbing.

That is actually pretty likely. They have to make the Jailer a threat to the people on the mortal realm not just this death god with a grudge against other death gods. Also there has to be something that ties SL to the next expansion. A trip to Azeroth would provide both.

And besides the final raid can't be another few floors of Thorghast. Icecrown is pretty likely. It IS the most obvious choice.
    It really is weird how they rushed the Maw final attack tho. Still expecting something with dreadlords eventually

- - - Updated - - -

1. Primus will be freed.

I can't see Sylvanas being killed, despite me wanting that... She's is just gonna have some regrets and exile herself after this..
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    It really is weird how they rushed the Maw final attack tho. Still expecting something with dreadlords eventually

I can't see Sylvanas being killed, despite me wanting that... She's is just gonna have some regrets and exile herself after this..
    Maw was next logical step, especially with Anduin imprisoned. Told you many times Sylvanas will be #2, and people came up with weird stuff like Drust raid or Necrolord raid (which would be 4th Necrolord instance in this expac).

Every patch need it's hook. For SL their strongest cards are Sylvanas, Arthas and Jailer. In meantime Anduin grow to be potential endboss. I don't really expect him to be villain in the future (we likely will 'clean' him), so I think Blizzard will took opportunity like they did with Jaina and Anduin will be #3.

Can't predict exact story, but I think pattern will happen: we kill/beat Sylvanas (no matter, she's off from the story for now, Jailer won't trust her, we won't trust her) -> Jailer beat us using Anduin -> we escape with Primus and Arthas -> Arthas know how to help Anduin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Maw was next logical step, especially with Anduin imprisoned. Told you many times Sylvanas will be #2, and people came up with weird stuff like Drust raid or Necrolord raid (which would be 4th Necrolord instance in this expac).

Every patch need it's hook. For SL their strongest cards are Sylvanas, Arthas and Jailer. In meantime Anduin grow to be potential endboss. I don't really expect him to be villain in the future (we likely will 'clean' him), so I think Blizzard will took opportunity like they did with Jaina and Anduin will be #3.

Can't predict exact story, but I think pattern will happen: we kill/beat Sylvanas (no matter, she's off from the story for now, Jailer won't trust her, we won't trust her) -> Jailer beat us using Anduin -> we escape with Primus and Arthas -> Arthas know how to help Anduin.
    It does sound like they are going this way. I'm looking forward to see what they do with Primus and with Oribos itself
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Btw, member all that silly discussions about when seasons starts after Ion told SL will launch 'Fall 2020'? It's March 21th, and Wandering Ancient just switched to Spring version.

During the Blizzconline there was a interview that mention the Dreadlords would be making an appearance in Korthia.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Yea, I’m not saying this in a bad way. They created light and void so they are kinda responsible for all this mess. The name fits them so well, someone invented it on this forum and it’s so funny. "Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator." Probably that line, because it’s the most disturbing.
    That's the First Ones. The Eternal Ones are the covenant leaders, the Arbiter and the Jailer, themselves in some way created by the First Ones.

Who said anything about final? That campaign might be ongoing for more than one patch. It's also unlikely to be the place of the final fight since the Jailer's goal are clearly elsewhere, he's just in the Maw because people locked him up there.

Think we'll see 9.1 PTR this month?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post

I would think so unless more fires start out.

Also weekends are usually dead for any Blizz activity.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-03-21 at 10:26 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Still no word about 9.1 vendor build. It was clear sign something is coming last few patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Still no word about 9.1 vendor build. It was clear sign something is coming last few patches.
    as far as i can find no /1 patch has had a vendor build

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    as far as i can find no /1 patch has had a vendor build
    As I said, last few patches. For sure 8.3, 9.0, 9.0.5, for earlier I would have to check.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Is TBC in beta right now???? No?? Oh yeah that’s right it’s not in Alpha either while 9.1 is a simple 4-7 week testing phase.

It’s ok though I’m surprised that TBC is only going to have a 6 week testing phase
    Not yet, but I think it's the priority right now as we've seen, even if the beta for TBC went live accidentally. There's radio silence about 9.1 since the virtual Blizzcon.

And 9.1 with a new zone, new huge raid, new mega dungeon only a 4-7 week testing phase? Ok. 8.2 PTS cycle was 9 weeks from PTS launch to live, 8.3 was 10 weeks (granted, holidays in between). Let's say 8 weeks from PTS to live for 9.1 and we're heading towards a June launch for 9.1.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, let's do the math. The shortest expansion time was 21 months, the longest was 27 so that gives us an average of 24. Exactly two years. So that would put 10.0 at 2022 November. The shortest PTR phase for a content patch was about a month and a week. That is unlikely for 9.1 but if that were true and we would get it on the PTR tomorrow it would juuuust release at the end of April, so let's say May as the most optimistic estimate. That would leave us with 18 months between 9.1 and 10.0. As you said the last raid tier lasts about 10 months. If we assume that the raid is released the same month as the patch and not staggered to the next that leaves us with 8 months between 9.1 and the last patch. So 4 months each? It took them 4 months to release a system update patch they have to hotfix every day since, so I doubt they would be able to pull it off.

So yeah it seems likely that SL will end with 9.2.

And storywise...well we have been assaulting the base of the Jailer since 9.0 endgame,and 9.1 will see us deal with Kel'Thuzad and Sylvanas, so even if Denathrius somehow pullls a merely a setback there isn't much potential left in this premise.
    We're not there yet, but with every week 9.1 is not on the PTS and with TBC looming and being their priority right now, it's becoming more of a possibility. I just don't see them delaying the next expansion just to fit more free content into Shadowlands. It makes no sense from a financial standpoint. The upcoming expansion is and will always be the main focus as it's the main driver of huge spikes in revenue. And as TBC Classic is some kind of expansion launch lite as well it seems to be clear where the priorities are.

And I agree, the Jailer is so incredibly boring and lame as a villain, we totally can wrap his story up in the patch after 9.1, we don't need some kind of in between patch. We'll most likely have an interlude to Nathrezim as they're most likely the next big villains after Shadowlands. Maybe even Nathrezim betray or help us defeat the Jailer, who knows. But the Jailer's story as of now has been incredibly underwhelming.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-03-23 at 10:39 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's the First Ones. The Eternal Ones are the covenant leaders, the Arbiter and the Jailer, themselves in some way created by the First Ones.

We are burning through cosmic entity ranks way too quickly IMHO. We never had our first real fight with Sargeras but we already know
    1) He is affraid of the Void Lords
    2) The whole VL reveal was done by the dreadlords on Zovaal's orders because he wants more death to boost his powers, so unknowingly the void lords are only pawns.
    3) The Eternal Ones like Zovaal are stronger than the Titans
    4) We also have First Ones who came before the First Ones and are even stronger and more mysterious.

And here we are the squishy mortals with pointy sticks while gods try to out-god each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Well either on the 30th or no. That's my bet anyway. Tuesday seems like the go-to day for updates.

Well either on the 30th or no. That's my bet anyway. Tuesday seems like the go-to day for updates.
    Don't know how Easter Holidays are handled in the US and how important Easter is there, but that would make a PTS launch on March 30 pretty unlikely.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again