Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This should surprise nobody. Finland is fucking amazing.

The US being in the top 20 is actually not that bad, and it dropping only one spot while completely fucking up the COVID response in 2020 is actually surprising.
    Ignorance is bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    How local should we get then? My living wage is different than my neighbor’s. Go a few miles and it differs even more.
    According to him, I should drive over 100 miles each way just to get groceries just so he can cling to his fantasy of “just don’t shop there” as being viable.

Edit: And before he tries to jump in claiming he didn’t, I mentioned the nearest CostCo from here, a place that actually pays a living wage is 2 hours from here and that is on high ways. So, yes, he did even if he didn’t realize it.

Edit again: oops one is a little closer at only 82 miles from here. Just checked on maps on my phone .
    Last edited by Fugus; 2021-03-21 at 03:18 AM.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    According to him, I should drive over 100 miles each way just to get groceries just so he can cling to his fantasy of “just don’t shop there” as being viable.

Edit: And before he tries to jump in claiming he didn’t, I mentioned the nearest CostCo from here, a place that actually pays a living wage is 2 hours from here and that is on high ways. So, yes, he did even if he didn’t realize it.

Edit again: oops one is a little closer at only 82 miles from here. Just checked on maps on my phone .
    They once tried to tell me that being denied service for being gay is fine and "free market" and that I just need to go to another business. So like... if you're a gay person in a small town with one gas station... just go to the other one!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    From what I'm seeing, that is based on productivity, not on inflation. The numbers I provided are based on inflation, and put the initial minimum wage at about $4.45 when adjusted.
    We went back and forth with this pages and pages and pages and pages ago.... need we dig that up to silence this foolishness?

From what I'm seeing, that is based on productivity, not on inflation. The numbers I provided are based on inflation, and put the initial minimum wage at about $4.45 when adjusted.
    Link please?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sandista View Post
    There isn't any news. Biden is largely carrying on the policies of his predecessor in a less visible and trigger-provoking way so all the brunch liberals went back to sleep. The US is going back to being its ugly, stupid horrible self with hypocritical woke messaging, as opposed to being ugly and horrible with rude messaging.
    You don’t like the stimulus? The collage loan forgiveness? The revoking of the 1776 commission? Returning to Paris Accord or stopping the Keystone pipeline? Protestors no longer being snatched off the street by the feds?

Are you just upset about cartoon character anatomy or dr Suess?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    How local should we get then? My living wage is different than my neighbor’s. Go a few miles and it differs even more.
    And therein lies the very problem, trying to push a blanket on something like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, that's bullshit.

According to me, you should do what you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    They once tried to tell me that being denied service for being gay is fine and "free market" and that I just need to go to another business. So like... if you're a gay person in a small town with one gas station... just go to the other one!

- - - Updated - - -

We went back and forth with this pages and pages and pages and pages ago.... need we dig that up to silence this foolishness?
    I literally provided the evidence. So, good luck with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Link please?
    It was already provided... twice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sandista View Post
    There isn't any news. Biden is largely carrying on the policies of his predecessor in a less visible and trigger-provoking way so all the brunch liberals went back to sleep. The US is going back to being its ugly, stupid horrible self with hypocritical woke messaging, as opposed to being ugly and horrible with rude messaging.
    I sure hope more people see your post and help clear up the misconceptions about Biden...

Edit: Okay, I got a spicy one...

Biden needs to get his shit together about the border. I understand that he is busy and is running around focusing on pandemic... and I do recognize that he sent FEMA... but, the issue is growing exponentially and we can’t just continue on good intentions.

I don’t have a solution, mostly because the rush is due to a more favorable view of Biden... but, there are smarter people out there, that might have a solution. Where the heck are they?
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-03-21 at 01:19 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I thought that was themius...

Nope, that's bullshit.

According to me, you should do what you want.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53085129

And when you look at the full text, you see that cop out answer really only left one solution if we followed your philosophy of free-dumb.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53085129

And when you look at the full text, you see that cop out answer really only left one solution if we followed your philosophy of free-dumb.
    Yep, just as I said, do what you want to do.

Thanks for confirming what I said.

Because monopolies and the robber baron era were good times for all! /s

Yep, just as I said, do what you want to do.

Thanks for confirming what I said.
    Yes, you said "Do what you want" while leaving a situation where what I want isn't an option and the only options are to keep shopping at the places that treat their employees like crap unless I am able to drive 2 hours every time I need a gallon of milk or even a gallon of gas as that is the nearest place that doesn't treat their employees like crap.

Your welcome Tucker Carlson. Your non-answer has been confirmed.

Yes, you said "Do what you want" while leaving a situation where what I want isn't an option and the only options are to keep shopping at the places that treat their employees like crap unless I am able to drive 2 hours every time I need a gallon of milk or even a gallon of gas as that is the nearest place that doesn't treat their employees like crap.

Your welcome Tucker Carlson. Your non-answer has been confirmed.
    It is an option.

Meanwhile, people ate pushing an unprecedented increase which would cause drastic harm to many areas of the country.

It is a non-option.

Meanwhile, people ate pushing an unprecedented increase which would drastically help many areas of the country.
    Fixed that for you.

This is poor messaging:
    https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-...ar-do-not-come

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas on Sunday urged migrants not to travel to the United States, as the Biden administration struggles with a surge of incomers, especially unaccompanied minors, at the southern border.

“The message is quite clear, do not come. The border is closed, the border is secure,” Mayorkas told host Martha Raddatz on ABC’s “This Week.”

“We are encouraging children not to come. Now is not the time to come. Do not come, the journey is dangerous. We are building safe, orderly and humane ways to address the needs of vulnerable children. Do not come,” Mayorkas added.
    The whole thing is that with asylum seekers... they don't really have too much of a choice but to come. Saying "do not come" doesn't do much when you're facing outright death.

Last edited by Themius; 2021-03-21 at 06:15 PM.

Fixed that for you.
    Think what would happen if your grocery and food costs went up by 10-20%

Imagine if the costs of all those restaurants went up, they would lose business.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-03-21 at 06:26 PM.

Considering that is upwards of double what economists estimated years ago and even more than what McDonalds own website shows if it were doubled , not likely.

But groceries going up 20% while the pay at the bottom going up 100% is still a net plus.

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, making the mistake of feeding you again on this subject you refuse to accept facts on again.

No more feeding your derailing of the thread. Later

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    The whole thing is that with asylum seekers... they don't really have too much of a choice but to come. Saying "do not come" doesn't do much when you're facing outright death.
    Because, "Please, send us your unaccompanied children!" is such a better message?

I mean, what's the message supposed to be here? The administration is apparently trying to work on a way to improve applications without needing to make the long and dangerous journey, what else should they be doing right now?

10+ Year Old Account

Imagine if the costs of all those restaurants went up, they would lose business.
    Why would they lose business if the majority of their customers now have more disposable income due to actually getting a real, living wage? The restaurant would raise its prices to cover the increase in costs, but still make more money.

This doesn't happening overnight, you know. The increases are gradual over time.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Republicans are now jealous of the way Biden is handling the border.

"Why didn't we think of that?"

Resident Cosplay Progressive