Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Do we know when the new patch is out?
    4-6 months after CN opened.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Can you back that up?
    It was literally on the front page of this very site, which you have to click through to get here (unless you just have the forums bookmarked).
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    What I'm concerned about is the ammount of casual content. Yes, those players exist. A mythic only dungeon is not really content for them. So what are you going to do for another half a year if you don't raid or run mythic? Leave?
    The name of the game is the same as in Cata/WoD: raid or die. The only difference is that if you raid, you have an additional grind, i.e. M+. That is assuming that you aren't handicapping yourself by giving up those sweet vault lootz.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    The name of the game is the same as in Cata/WoD: raid or die. The only difference is that if you raid, you have an additional grind, i.e. M+. That is assuming that you aren't handicapping yourself by giving up those sweet vault lootz.
    Well if they think they can go till 9.2 without substantial casual content they can kiss their sub numbers goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I will be sure to keep an eye on the share price for when it tanks in June because market expert justandulas said it would be a catastrophic failure. Easy money right? Buy low. Sell high?
    if you think WoW has any reflection on the ATVI stock price, i have some bad news for you. I'm actually a professional investor, and i do invest in ATVI, and call of duty makes up almost all of their revenue and profits.

WoW is but a tiny piece of the pie, and wow was never more relevant to shareholders than when classic came and doubled the subscriptions.

But yes, be sure to come back and eat your crow when they say "We've had a downturn in SL.." corporate speak next shareholders meeting

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    I'd say I'm surprised it's not on PTR yet, but I've just realised 9.0.5 has only been out just over two weeks Honestly though, 9.0.5 doesn't really bring anything that stands out, so it's felt longer than two weeks so far. Hopefully it will be on PTR very soon and start drumming up excitement. I wouldn't expect much more than the Zone for a few weeks and the Raid and Dungeon later on.
    I'm expecting them to add 9.1 to the PTR until April... But you know this is getting out of hand, we already seeing a lot of players moving on from the game. Even with 9.0.5 coming out 2 weeks ago most of my guild mates and community members decided to take a break from the game either going to play Classic or stopping to play wow completely until the next patch comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm normally in the big enough camp. I mean this does seem like quite a lot. What I'm concerned about is the ammount of casual content. Yes, those players exist. A mythic only dungeon is not really content for them. So what are you going to do for another half a year if you don't raid or run mythic? Leave?
    If you completely refuse doing any raids, dungeons and PVP? Same as other expansions, complete new achievements, do pet battles from new place, hunt rares from new place, complete story on main and alts, unlock flying, unlock new Renown levels, unlock staff you haven't before cause gathering Anima now is pain in the ass.. Also casual item level will go up to around 230.

Still I would put at least SoD LFR as casual content. Mythic dungeon should be there as well, but I'm aware nowadays part of casual people get panic attack when content hasn't any matchmaking button. But rest should be motivated to do it if there will be quest to complete and no other way to do this content.

Overall, no reason to believe it will be different than any other WoW patch. Do you seriously believe last two expacs casuals were farming easy content endlessly for titanforging and never ending artifact levels?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post

Overall, no reason to believe it will be different than any other WoW patch. Do you seriously believe last two expacs casuals were farming easy content endlessly for titanforging and never ending artifact levels?
    No i expect a mass exodus of casuals into other MMOs that aren't raid or die. Question is, who are the majority?

No i expect a mass exodus of casuals into other MMOs that aren't raid or die. Question is, who are the majority?
    How did WoW even survive in your eyes from vanilla-wrath 3.3 when they made the dungeon finder?

Let alone become the largest MMO of all time.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    How did WoW even survive in your eyes from vanilla-wrath 3.3 when they made the dungeon finder?

Let alone become the largest MMO of all time.
    The market was different. The big ones now?

GW2 was released during MoP
    SWTOR during Cata
    BDO during Warlords of Draenor
    TESO also during WoD
    FFXIV was released first during Cata and re-released during MoP

WoW came at the right time with the right ideas to make MMOs into something popular and more mainstream instead of niche. That much is given. But things are changing and WoW will have to change with the time.

May 15ish if they plan to release a patch that is burning to the ground upon release.

June 1stish if they plan to have your normal patch bug bullshit.

June 15ish if they plan to have a decently stable and ready to go patch.

Of course.. these are all blind guesses but its fun to pretend like you are the insider and everyone else is dumb because internet reasons.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    May 15ish if they plan to release a patch that is burning to the ground upon release.

June 1stish if they plan to have your normal patch bug bullshit.

June 15ish if they plan to have a decently stable and ready to go patch.

Of course.. these are all blind guesses but its fun to pretend like you are the insider and everyone else is dumb because internet reasons.
    I'd say that anything June or before is being quite optimistic. But we will see soon enough (or not, lul).

5+ Year Old Account
    Considering 9.5 was released recently, we can probably expect it in Late April, Late May, or early June at the latest. Considering it's not on ptr and Classic TBC beta has started (Or is starting) we can probably expect it around late May, and Classic TBC around June through September. We will have to see.

June is the earliest and July the latest month for a 9.1 release imho.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

People still saying late May

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    And how many of them were actual developers?

Spoiler alert

Zero
    u think developer works alone? even a simple janitor helps him by keeping his desk clean, that saves time
    and I'm fed with ppl who keep thinking that when u fire 10% of entire workforce of a company won't effect every single department, ppl at blizzard are at their limits, and that was way back at first fire happy time, when they exposed anonymously their joke of salary in comparison to Bobby, who of course didn't sit idle and increased it again and got a bonus that is equal to hundreds of his employees entire year salary alone

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Which is completely irrelevant to WoW since nobody from Wow was laid off.

- - - Updated - - -

The raid doesn't release until weeks after the patch, so they can continue to test that after patch releases.
    of course, they will work with zero problem when dozens of their friends got fired for the amazing reason of Bobby Kodick refuse to reduce his 200 million bonus to just 180 million, i'm sure that won't effect their morals and will make them die to work for blizz
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    The name of the game is the same as in Cata/WoD: raid or die.
    So, what new casual content do you want? Dungeons, PvP and raids do not seem casual to you (yet they are). 9.1 gives us a new zone. Torghast is still there. WQs are too. What more do you even want? And what else was there in the past for casuals to do that is now missing? Your comment does not make any sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    u think developer works alone? even a simple janitor helps him by keeping his desk clean, that saves time
    and I'm fed with ppl who keep thinking that when u fire 10% of entire workforce of a company won't effect every single department, ppl at blizzard are at their limits, and that was way back at first fire happy time, when they exposed anonymously their joke of salary in comparison to Bobby, who of course didn't sit idle and increased it again and got a bonus that is equal to hundreds of his employees entire year salary alone

- - - Updated - - -

of course, they will work with zero problem when dozens of their friends got fired for the amazing reason of Bobby Kodick refuse to reduce his 200 million bonus to just 180 million, i'm sure that won't effect their morals and will make them die to work for blizz
    and janitors were fired? right now they are working from home so kinda irrelevant, also they are most likely outsourced already

when they exposed anonymously their joke of salary
    developers salary? or a bunch of people from marketing/customer service?

im sure devs working in california are missing their friends from paris customer service office

Shadowlands is slowly turning into WoD 2.0.. its really shame, start was very strong but this next min. 3 months of no content will be killer.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    So, what new casual content do you want? Dungeons, PvP and raids do not seem casual to you (yet they are). 9.1 gives us a new zone. Torghast is still there. WQs are too. What more do you even want? And what else was there in the past for casuals to do that is now missing? Your comment does not make any sense to me.
    One word: Legion.