Poll: Will u buy the boost?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Most likely yes. I switched to Horde recently and will probably have 2 fresh 60s by the time TBC releases, and I'll boost a third.

Nah, it's about as far away from what classic stuff is supposed to be about as you can get. Wish the actual developers of TBC would have the rights to what they created and not the parasites that modern Blizzard has left but, what are you gonna do. Will be fun to gank boosters though, so there's something positive I guess.
    Last edited by Ludvig; 2021-03-21 at 10:50 PM.

I've done enough leveling.
    60 Druid, 60 Warrior, 55 Mage, 49 Rogue, 32? Shaman, and a bunch in the 20s including a Paladin which is going to be 60 asap.
    Yep I'll pay for a 58 I don't even have to consider it, it's a done deal. I'd do more than 1 if I could.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Considering the amount of money I earn per hour, it makes more sense to buy the boost than play stuff I don't want to.

Per hour I waste more money leveling than just buying a boost.

Also, I've been playing druid since TBC. I don't need to learn how to play the class i'm going to boost.

That's a fact. Be uneducated somewhere else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    I have on a lvl 60 (druid main) a shaman lvl 39 (twink) a lvl 34 (pal alt) and a rogue 29 (twink) on Classic.

I will use the boost no matter the price to get warlock 70 as new main Horde side. My original main was a Warlock (mained it from 2007 to Legion when they axed demonology). Did both Glad (in BC) and hardcore raiding on him. So no learning involved here. And can't wait to get back into my good old sl/sl spec
    This is how every single person I know is who is buying a boost lol. Played the game since tbc, most were very good and either pushed high end raiding or were really high in pvp, and they want to play the class they played in tbc but don’t want to level.

Which is hilarious when you hear all these arguments like “you need to experience the game” “you need to learn your class” “you are getting an advantage”.

From my point of view the people I know who are boosting are probably better, more experienced, and know the game better than the people complaining about the boost but a serious margin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I picked won't buy the boost.

But not for any moral / money reasons. I already have a 60 lock and druid. Those are the two classes I plan to play. Now if Wrath classic comes out I'll boost a pally to 68 or whatever it is.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Quote Originally Posted by ehma View Post
    Ok well first of all tbc has no box price at the start, so the $60 that you normally pay for a new game (which tbc will easily eat up as much if not more time than a new game).

Secondly, leveling 1-58 takes literal days. DAYS of played time. If you really don’t want to do this activity of leveling, this just saved you a SHIT load of time. About 40 cents per hour saved is what it amounts to.

Christ retails boost is $60 why on earth would the classic versions be LESS lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Why in the hell would anyone do that just to save $35 lol. The idea is to skip something I hate. Why would I waste my time doing literally nothing in a dungeon while someone else played the game for me for 3 day. I think I’d rather just level.
    its crazy how other companies have to create a WHOLE new game to get 60$ out of customers but blizz just gets for free basically for old content that most of us already bought, anyway they deserve it, wow is a masterpiece

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course. I fizzed out of classic because I wasn’t overly nostalgic about it, but I’m completely stoked for TBC. I only have a shaman and would like to add a lock without having to invest the time grinding it to 58 before release. It’s as if people are forgetting everyone only gets one boost and everyone is going to boost multiple toons.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    lol no it's not.. Leveling is incredibly easy anyway, why be a lazy pos and buy levels?
    If you dont want to level, why the hell would you not work 1-2 hours overtime and buy a boost as opposed to grinding on pigs and trolls for 100 hours?

I'm not retarded enough to pay for a subscription to play, and then pay for a service to not play.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Let's say a person takes 7 days played to hit 58. That's a pretty decent pace for standard leveling, which ends up being 168 hours...
    Going with this, the time to hit 58 is a month worth of work ( 4 weeks/40 h per week). so i think its more than reasonable to spend money on the boost. Classic leveling is long and boring and teadious and... and TBC wont change anything to that "experience"

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I'm not retarded enough to pay for a subscription to play, and then pay for a service to not play.
    Seems you’re retarded enough to think that’s how it works lol.

I'd have bought it if I needed it, but I have a 60 of each class already except Shaman and boosts can't be used on Draenei, so I'll need to level that one up the old fashioned way.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

I think the boost is worth it. A lot of folks are booting up classic with the only intention of playing TBC content.

I started classic to prepare for TBC. I'm bored with retail and other games, so i decided to just level from scratch. took me 8+ days /played to 60. That's a lot of hours that people who only want TBC content don't want to waste.

If I could buy 3 of them I would

Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post
    If I could buy 3 of them I would
    You can at the price of $45 a month lol.

Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    I dont think it would be the retail boost price of 60€ for the boost. Personally i have the time to slowly level a character before the launch but i would buy the boost if it would be a reasonable price.
    Definetly. Classic leveling is horrid... my opinion. If you like power to you.
    I don't, but i want to play BC. Best expansion ever!

And tbh i have enough spar money thanks to the lockdown...

Question:

My plan was to play prot paladin in TBC, but I heard you cant boost a blood elf to 58 and play pala that way?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Question:

My plan was to play prot paladin in TBC, but I heard you cant boost a blood elf to 58 and play pala that way?
    Belf and Space goats CAN NOT be boosted. You can still boost an alliance pally, or a horde shaman, but not an alliance shaman or horde pally - because of their race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Belf and Space goats CAN NOT be boosted. You can still boost an alliance pally, or a horde shaman, but not an alliance shaman or horde pally - because of their race.
    Well that sucks Wanted to play belf paladin...blah. Got my 4-5k gold ready on classic hord side, but nothing on ally as well...Meeh blizzard...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I already have 3 classes at 60 and another at 47, no need to boost.

Plus, I want to experience TBC leveling on a proper 1x server.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Well that sucks Wanted to play belf paladin...blah. Got my 4-5k gold ready on classic hord side, but nothing on ally as well...Meeh blizzard...
    Just level it during the pre-patch. TBC nerfs 1-60 leveling a whole lot with both the -30% exp requirement, as well as adding in tons and tons of quests and buffing lots of dungeon gear in the 15-30 range. (mostly turning green/white items into blue ones)

Even just casually solo questing, most classes can go 1-60 in like 3 days /played.