10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Once again, it shows that Manchin's plan is more popular
    Federally. Not in West Virginia, which is what you were claiming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Federally. Not in West Virginia, which is what you were claiming.
    I see no reason why it would be any different in WV. It's clearly more popular across the nation by a large margin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see no reason why it would be any different in WV.
    Aside from the poll that was provided to you that indicated 64% support for the $15 minimum wage in West Virginia, you mean.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Aside from the poll that was provided to you that indicated 64% support for the $15 minimum wage in West Virginia, you mean.
    And what was the support for Manchin's minimum wage?

"The new poll, from Morning Consult and Politico, which was conducted from February 26 to March 1, shows that 71 percent of voters strongly or somewhat support raising the wage to $11 by 2023, compared with just 60 percent who support the hike to $15 by 2025. Even when breaking down the results based on political party, higher percentages of Republicans, Democrats and independents back the more modest increase."

That's more.

10+ Year Old Account
    And what was the support for Manchin's minimum wage?
    You seem to have a really hard time grasping the concept that federal polling is not the same as polling in West Virginia, don't you.

"I see no reason why it would be different" - evidence was provided to you that is is. Posting the same federal poll as before and saying it's evidence of the contrary is just blatant lying on your part.

You seem to have a really hard time grasping the concept that federal polling is not the same as polling in West Virginia, don't you.

"I see no reason why it would be different" - evidence was provided to you that is is. Posting the same federal poll as before and saying it's evidence of the contrary is just blatant lying on your part.
    And yet, it is higher, so Manchin doesn't have much to lose.

He seems to know just what he's doing, as does the leadership of the Democratic party.

My evidence shows his plan is objectively more popular.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet, it is higher
    Again with the strawman arguments, christ and allah.

In any case, Manchin's opposition to minimum wage hikes is firmly rooted in the fact he owns stock in businesses that have a lot of minimum wage workers rather than any actual political strategy, just like he continues to blockade healthcare reform because his family members make bank off the pharmaceutical sector.

Good to know that you're just defending pretty blatant corruption, tho.

Again with the strawman arguments, christ and allah.

In any case, Manchin's opposition to minimum wage hikes is firmly rooted in the fact he owns stock in businesses that have a lot of minimum wage workers rather than any actual political strategy, just like he continues to blockade healthcare reform because his family members make bank off the pharmaceutical sector.

Good to know that you're just defending pretty blatant corruption, tho.
    You don't seem to know what a straw man is...

Manchin supports a minimum wage hike... you really should try reading the sources.

https://morningconsult.com/2021/03/0...rt-bipartisan/

10+ Year Old Account
    Manchin supports a minimum wage hike...
    Man it's almost as if no minimum wage hike at all might be politically suicidal, which further underscores the point that it's a matter of insufficient pressure rather than actual strategy.

Man it's almost as if no minimum wage hike at all might be politically suicidal, which further underscores the point that it's a matter of insufficient pressure rather than actual strategy.
    So, you agree he supports a minimum wage increase... glad you came around on that one.

Biden understands this, as do people like Pelosi and Schumer. They could raise it to $11 an hour, and consider it a huge victory, and a bipartisan one.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, you agree he supports a minimum wage increase... glad you came around on that one.
    He has been pressured into supporting a minimum wage increase, yes. Just not to the level it needs to be. You know, the original point. /yawn

Biden understands this, as do people like Pelosi and Schumer. They could raise it to $11 an hour, and consider it a huge victory, and a bipartisan one.
    My question is why the hell you're pretending to care at all when you believe the existence of the minimum wage is harmful in its entirety. Seems kinda dumb to get in a huff over 15 but not 11.

He has been pressured into supporting a minimum wage increase, yes.

My question is why the hell you're pretending to care at all when you believe the existence of the minimum wage is harmful in its entirety. Seems kinda dumb to get in a huff over 15 but not 11.
    Evidence he's being pressured, please.

I'm pointing out that the outage of progressives is a lost cause. You guys are bitching and whining that Biden isn't going full AOC, and are upset that not everyone in the party is in lockstep with such an extreme change. Meanwhile, this is a moderate, and reasonable stance for the Dems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Evidence he's being pressured, please.
    *gestures at the polls*

I'm pointing out that the outage of progressives is a lost cause.
    So...arguing for the sake of arguing? How's that fish taste.

*gestures at the polls*

So...arguing for the sake of arguing? How's that fish taste.
    You mean the poll where his support of a $11 minimum wage is objectively more popular?

Nope, that's not the case, and you are lying... again.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean the poll where his support of a $11 minimum wage is objectively more popular?
    In which you admit there is public pressure for Manchin to increase the minimum wage in some way, but then claim that's evidence a 15 dollar an hour minimum wage would be politically unpopular in West Virginia because reasons. Lol.

Nope, that's not the case
    You're not arguing for a position you actually support. Again, I ask how the fish tastes.

In which you admit there is public pressure for Manchin to increase the minimum wage in some way, but then claim that's evidence a 15 dollar an hour minimum wage would be politically unpopular in West Virginia because reasons. Lol.

You're not arguing for a position you actually support. Again, I ask how the fish tastes.
    Where did I admit that?

Evidence, please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where did I admit that?
    The part where you keep pointing at the federal polls and say that it's informing Manchin legislatively. Zzz.

"He's not being pressured into supporting a wage increase now look at all this public pressure for my wage increase rather than yours" is a bold strategy, Cotton.

The part where you keep pointing at the federal polls and say that it's informing Manchin legislatively. Zzz.
    More people agree with Manchin, than agree with you and Bernie.

This is why Biden isn't speaking out.

Man, it's almost as if politicians know what polls are.

10+ Year Old Account
    More people agree with Manchin, than agree with you and Bernie.
    But still a majority either way, so it seems kind of pointless using working class people as bait while fishing for bipartisanism points given that the Republicans aren't going to sign onto any sort of wage increase. Lol.

But still a majority either way, so it seems kind of pointless given that the Republicans aren't going to sign onto any sort of wage increase. Lol.
    Umm, more votes and more support is better.

Biden knows this.