Page 1 of 33
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do greedy millionaires and billionaires...

Do greedy millionaires and billionaires hide behind the middle class for the same reasons terrorist hide behind innocent civilians the only difference is paying politicians to make it legal?

I seen a snippet on Yahoo Kylie Jenner set up a Gofundme for one of her employees and it made me wonder.

Elon Musk being a pretty good example now too.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I'm pretty sure that big business insisting on the same civil rights as an individual citizen answers the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Do greedy millionaires and billionaires hide behind the middle class for the same reasons terrorist hide behind innocent civilians the only difference is paying politicians to make it legal?

I seen a snippet on Yahoo Kylie Jenner set up a Gofundme for one of her employees and it made me wonder.

Elon Musk being a pretty good example now too.
    The Kardashian/Jenner family is absolute trash... just ignore them, and they will go away.

They don't need to hide behind the middle class, they just don't want people trying to take away all their money.

Isn't that what you want to do?
    Last edited by Machismo; 2021-03-22 at 12:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don’t hide... they pretend to be populist, because they need our policy votes and you know... guillotine. You keep the guillotine away, by creating the impression that policy keeping you poor, was due to your action. 40 years of convincing people that trickle down makes oligarchs, into populist. They didn’t force the largest shift in tax burden from the top, to the bottom... we voted for it, by electing Trump...

Did the tax collector decree that your poor ass is responsible for more taxes? Did a lord or magistrate decree that you shoulder the burden? No... they convinced us that it’s something we want... you know... like any marketing and they can afford the best focus groups...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I just dont trust anyone with more than two houses.

I also avoid Yahoo news. There's better ways to kill my brain cells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I'm pretty sure that big business insisting on the same civil rights as an individual citizen answers the question.
    Yeah, but here is the thing or the problem the door doesn't swing both ways, if a business or entity gets to act as a singular then why is that only when it's a benefit. As opposed to say when something goes wrong, like say someone is killed or injured due to the company's actions, then why at least aren't the top people responsible held criminally and civilly liable.

I think it should be consistent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    They don’t hide... they pretend to be populist, because they need our policy votes and you know... guillotine. You keep the guillotine away, by creating the impression that policy keeping you poor, was due to your action. 40 years of convincing people that trickle down makes oligarchs, into populist. They didn’t force the largest shift in tax burden from the top, to the bottom... we voted for it, by electing Trump...

Did the tax collector decree that your poor ass is responsible for more taxes? Did a lord or magistrate decree that you shoulder the burden? No... they convinced us that it’s something we want... you know... like any marketing and they can afford the best focus groups...
    Yeah, I didn't vote for Trump because I seen his bullshit coming a mile away always have. He isn't the only of his sort, but he certainly the most bold. That being said I think it's easy for others to turn a blind eye to someone no matter how awful provided that individual seems to be doing the bidding of those foolish enough to believe it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post

LOL, it's not even more than 2 houses or a toilet made of solid gold, it's the having so much accumulated wealth that represents the resources of the entire planet, it stifles, innovation, manipulates governments and inspires wars.

It's beyond need or want, it's unchecked stupidity also known as greed.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Because they make money by pushing down other people, Bezos and Musk owning more than the 40% poorest in the US is good evidence of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post

But I though you put so much trust in Biden.

I just looked up the Kylie Jenner story... she's worth 900 million and bought her baby a 15k bag....and set up a gofundme for emergency brain surgery for her own employee...why doesn't her employee have words class healthcare from miss 900mn?and she donated 5k out of the 60k goal apparently .

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I just looked up the Kylie Jenner story... she's worth 900 million and bought her baby a 15k bag....and set up a gofundme for emergency brain surgery for her own employee...why doesn't her employee have words class healthcare from miss 900mn?and she donated 5k out of the 60k goal apparently .
    Because 'Murica, that's what they say right?

50 years of tax cuts for the rich failed to trickle down, economics study says

The incomes of the rich grew much faster in countries where tax rates were lowered. Instead of trickling down to the middle class, tax cuts for the rich may not accomplish much more than help the rich keep more of their riches and exacerbate income inequality, the research indicates.

"Based on our research, we would argue that the economic rationale for keeping taxes on the rich low is weak," Julian Limberg, a co-author of the study and a lecturer in public policy at King's College London, said in an email to CBS MoneyWatch. "In fact, if we look back into history, the period with the highest taxes on the rich — the postwar period — was also a period with high economic growth and low unemployment."

Because the analysis ends in 2015, the research doesn't include President Donald Trump's massive tax overhaul, which he signed into law in late 2017 and which slashed taxes for the rich and corporations while providing a moderate cut for the middle class. But Limberg, who co-authored the study with David Hope, a visiting fellow at the London School of Economics' International Inequalities Institute, said that he wouldn't expect the results of that tax cut to be much different.

Already, Mr. Trump's tax cuts have lifted the fortunes of the ultra-rich, according to 2019 research from two prominent economists, Emmanuel Saez and Gabriel Zucman of the University of California at Berkeley. For the first time in a century, the 400 richest American families paid lower taxes in 2018 than people in the middle class, the economists found.

The "careful" new research from the London School Economics "suggests indeed that tax increases on the wealthy should be considered post-COVID," Berkeley's Zucman said in an email to CBS MoneyWatch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Because they make money by pushing down other people, Bezos and Musk owning more than the 40% poorest in the US is good evidence of that.

But I though you put so much trust in Biden.
    Musk just wants to make the world a better place.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Altruism? Grains of salt on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Altruism? Grains of salt on that.
    He's making the air cleaner and making humans interplanetary species.
    Driving on Sunshine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean i'm sure some people believe that hoarding wealth and making the lower classes poorer means you 'want to make the world a better place' in whatever fantasy they live in.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, feudalism on mars is going to work out great

He's a businessman, so what.. Frankly your claims verge on hyperbole and silly hero worship.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean i'm sure some people believe that hoarding wealth and making the lower classes poorer means you 'want to make the world a better place' in whatever fantasy they live in.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, feudalism on mars is going to work out great
    Except he's not really hoarding wealth so much as $tsla has gone up loads.
    Driving on Sunshine.

He reopened his Fremont, CA Tesla plant in defiance of Covid regulations and then suppressed reports of workers getting Covid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except he's not really hoarding wealth so much as $tsla has gone up loads.
    That means little because he owns Tesla.

10+ Year Old Account
    That means little because he owns Tesla.
    That is false, and also not true.
    Driving on Sunshine.

Hardly a meaningful difference. He's the world's richest man profitting from covid19 misinformation.