Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The thing is, the normal side quests and around 1.5 batches of WQs (depending on how much you have access to on that day) per zone are usually enough. I always end up overshooting in the last zone as well to fill the last bar despite hitting 60 already (I'd rather take 30 minutes more and have a guaranteed renown level). It's not like most people would be able to binge the whole story in a single day either when leveling. On my last one I ran only 1 dungeon as well. But I guess to each their own, to me it's the same mindless questing, just without the constant back and forth into the maw and waiting for RP-walking/talking.
    This is exactly right. You don't even have to do the terrible bonus objectives. You level faster because there is no RP and no MAW outside the first bit. After leveling 8 60s, 4 TOF and 4 Story, i will never storyline quest again in SL. TOF gives the renown boost (4 from the zone quests, and up to 4 if you run 4 dungeons). Story wouldn't be so bad but Bastion and Ardenweald are so full of talking quests. I can literally get a class with decent damage or ability to chain pull to 60 from 50 in one session. Not to mention you get anima during it which can be used to upgrade the campaign gear so you start at a higher itemlevel.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    How can you get up to 8 renown by doing TOF? I've done it 6 times so far and each time I only was renown 5 once I hit 60 after getting 1 renown for each of the 4 zones.
    Each dungeon completion has a chance of giving you a renown off last boss if you are in TOF. So 4 from zone quests and 4 from dungeons with my route.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

5+ Year Old Account
    ToF is one of the few good things in SL (for me). I levelled my first toon to 60 the "normal" way, and it was awful: long pauses, way too much dialog (which wouldn't be too bad if the plot didn't have more holes than Swiss cheese). The only interesting bits were Denathrius' shenanigans, but that came at the very end of the levelling story. My other two 60's have levelled up through ToF, and it has been a really refreshing experience, especially since you get to use your favourite covenant skills from the beginning.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    You can level through campaign to 60 and turn TOF on after hitting 60 to skip the things you normally have to do
    I could have sworn they said that you can only activate TOF prior to 60 and that it became unavailable upon hitting 60.

I could have sworn they said that you can only activate TOF prior to 60 and that it became unavailable upon hitting 60.
    They fixed it a while back. https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-of-fate-at-60
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Ah cool. I still prefer the TOF method because it allows you to get rep to or close enough to friendly so once you do hit 60 you can use contracts for extra rep from WQ plus it allows you to start the Avowed rep right off the bat instead of waiting until you get sent to Revendreth and get those renown rewards for doing the 4 zone completions. That's just my personal preference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    You can't start ToF once you hit 60 last I checked, so make sure you're at 59 and close to leveling then pick up ToF (last I checked was close to 3 months ago, so my information might be outdated).
    You were 100% correct as-of the Shadowlands launch, but they fixed it a couple months back so you can ding 60 and start it now.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

i went 1 character through campaign and 11 through threads of fate from 50.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Yeah, so basically it's much simpler to just level through the campaign. You boot up the auto pilot addon and just follow it for a couple hours mindlessly, without having to rely on grinding dungeons and bonus objectives.
    It's neither faster nor more simple. ToF is basically as simple as it gets, since it's "Look at map, find WQ, do it". That said, I do find bloodwulfs strategy odd, but then again, having done ToF 3 times and always end up as level 59½ once all the "help X zone" quests are done. But anything beats having to do the Maw intro PLUS the whole Oribos tour quest - that thing is pure pain. It's like they thought of the "follow Khadgards elemental" quest in Shattrath but thought it was too fast.

- - - Updated - - -

TOF can be picked up at any point prior to hitting 60 and allows you to immediately start the covenant campaign the moment you hit 60 unlike the regular way which requires you to progress through the entire regular SL story mode and once you hit 60 start the covenant campaign but realistically you won't hit finish the regular story mode prior to hitting 60. If you hit 60 and have not selected TOF you must complete the entire regular story campaign in order to start covenant stuff. That means if you hit 60 in Revendreth (or Maldraxox if that's the second to last zone which I can't remember which of the two is the last one tbh) you still have an entire zone to finish of story just to unlock covenant stuff.

My suggestion is do TOF, do all bonus objectives in each of the 4 zones because if you don't do them while leveling they will still be there at 60 and can block some world quests that are literally those same objectives for the WQ, pick up the dungeon quests in Baston & Ardenwald, go to Plague Watch in Mald and do the short chain (A Plague in Our House) to unlock the dungeon quest there, then head to Revendreth and pick up the quest An Abuse of Power at Halls of Atonement (flight path not dungeon) to unlock the dungeon quest for HOA + start Avowed Rep too. Run those and then if you haven't hit 60 you aren't doing it right. That's all I do to hit 60 on stuff.

How can you get up to 8 renown by doing TOF? I've done it 6 times so far and each time I only was renown 5 once I hit 60 after getting 1 renown for each of the 4 zones.

I guess its because he does dungeons too?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    i went 1 character through campaign and 11 through threads of fate from 50.
    Which option was faster? Or were they similar?

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Which option was faster? Or were they similar?
    Well think of it like this, if you go the campaign route you will spend a lot of time doing mandatory campaign quests in each zone.
    If you go the Threads of Fate route you already have all those campaign quests instantly done and you can immediately focus on world quests, dungeons, reputations, anima, honor, covenant renown or whatever else you want to do.

So if you want to play that character in any serious manner (ranked pvp, mythic dungeons, heroic/mythic raids) imho its much faster to do the Threads of Fate.
    I also found it a lot more relaxing and fun when you can go wherever and do whatever instead of being stuck on "rails" going through zones.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I guess its because he does dungeons too?
    All 6 of those alts who did the TOF also did the dungeon quest for each zone plus did the weekly rep quest (1 or both depending on the week allowing pre-60 doing both) plus did random a few times too. None of them ever received a renown token thing on any run.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    All 6 of those alts who did the TOF also did the dungeon quest for each zone plus did the weekly rep quest (1 or both depending on the week allowing pre-60 doing both) plus did random a few times too. None of them ever received a renown token thing on any run.
    Well don't know then, I skip the dungeons unless I need to do one for a story quest.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann