Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    The beta is already out for TBC and they already stated that TBC will come around may.
    No... The beta is not out for tbc...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Story about WOD content is long. Overall leveling quests had the the best quality in terms of lack of artificial content stretching to make it take much longer, than it should have been. Only Cata had comparable quality. And overall leveling Garrisons and doing Tanaan to get Baleful gear were much more fun, than boring and tedious SL leveling, just 2 weeks of artificially stretched Renown grind and pointless Anima grind after that.
    Lol Tanaan so much fun, these 30 minute fill the bar quests were so fun and engaging I couldn't make this even on main and just bought rep tokens for flying. And Im the person that has all possible covenant buildings done (and enough anima for final one), so my grind tolerance is pretty high.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    I have a feeling 9.1 will be long long away so TBC first.
    Well the more 9.1 is delayed the more it should be delayed. You know, Endwalker will come out this Fall. End of Dragons is still slated for this year, but with no release date, I'd say late summer at the earliest.

So if 9.1 comes in late June, early July, it will already be old news when two expansions from the opposition come out. And there might not be enough time to push out 9.2. YOu know how raid tiers often last about 6 months? June is the six month mark. If they miss it, a new raid won't come out this year after SoD.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    "Lets math this" - proceeds to grab random numbers out of the air.

Thats funny ^^
    Not random

Patch testing lasts around 6-8 weeks

Classic had a beta that lasts multiple months

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    The beta is already out for TBC and they already stated that TBC will come around may.
    no it's not. you're flat out lying. the beta opt in was enabled a month ago but the beta itself has not been released because we would've seen something about it on wowhead or from Blizzard themselves. even IF the beta starts in a week or two the beta will run for a few months before release. 9.1 is definitely closer than that because it doesn't have a beta cycle, only a PTR cycle which is a lot shorter

I mean, does it matter?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Well the more 9.1 is delayed the more it should be delayed. You know, Endwalker will come out this Fall. End of Dragons is still slated for this year, but with no release date, I'd say late summer at the earliest.

So if 9.1 comes in late June, early July, it will already be old news when two expansions from the opposition come out. And there might not be enough time to push out 9.2. YOu know how raid tiers often last about 6 months? June is the six month mark. If they miss it, a new raid won't come out this year after SoD.
    FFXIV's schedule isn't WoW's. Stop.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    FFXIV's schedule isn't WoW's.
    Did I say that?

I’m unable to understand how people actually think that TBC classic
    Essentially a brand new classic game due to the clone system for characters
    Reworking the paladin seal unlocks
    Redoing the content releases
    All the zones
    All the dungeons
    First tier of raids

This will all hit public alpha
    Then beta
    Prepatch on ptr and then on live servers

Will all happen before 9.1....and in a special few cases they believe that all gets done in less than 3 months

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, does it matter?

- - - Updated - - -

FFXIV's schedule isn't WoW's. Stop.
    You are correct but it is fact that blizz releases stuff around the competition

So what if they do release shit around the competition? Doesn't matter in the end. Sometimes, Blizzard releases shit when they want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Did I say that?
    It's heavily implied.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    9.1 is definitely closer than that because it doesn't have a beta cycle, only a PTR cycle which is a lot shorter
    Making a big deal out of it being called "Beta" is utterly silly, for all intents and purposes it's a new product, hence they'll call it Beta.
    But taking into account that
    1.Blizzard does not have to develop now content (unlike a regular Beta)
    2.Blizzard can reference current TBC on live servers + TBC reference client (which is naturally nonexistant in a regular Beta)
    means they always have a solid guideline for any piece of content, rather than them having actually figuring anything for themselves other than how to restore it to its original state.

During a regular WoW expansion Beta you'll also get a new build every week or so, i somehow doubt that the TBC Beta will receive a new build every week unless they want to patch in every single art asset over the course of months.

Even the Classic Beta just ran on for some months with hardly anything happening, the levelcap even remained at 40 and a big reason was most likely to create space between 8.2 (which released in June) and Classic (which launched in late August).
    They didn't even invite a lot of people into the Classic Beta, outside of Stresstests, showcasing how little they actually needed data from a large group, which is very unusual for a regular Beta.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-22 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayd View Post
    Hello!

So which one do you think will go out 1st? I see a lot of people thinking that the TBC pre patch will come out on may 18, but the beta isn’t out yet and I don’t see anything happening without about a month of beta, so I would bet may 18 could be the beta launch. But on the other hand no news about the 9.1 either, I don’t think Blizzard will release anything at the same time, my guess would be 9.1 first, then TBC beta, pre patch and then this summer the release of TBC.

But doesn’t it feel weird that we don’t have any news for both release?
    The original TBC Beta went live 3.5 months before TBC release and 2 months before pre-patch went live. And all of that was containing completely new content which this time around is not the case.
    That means Beta and pre-patch PTR can and will most likely happen simultaneously and more or less independent of each other (i.e. Beta doesn't have to be completed to launch the pre-patch). Pre-patch really only has to test the new talents, the dark portal event and a few new quests.

With that said, it's quite unrealistic to expect classic tbc beta to last the same amount if time it did when it was new.

9.1 on the other hand will require a lot more testing, and since there's no word on it, I think it's likely that TBC will launch before 9.1

Unfortunately further 9.1 is delayed - higher chance, that we'll have WOD 2.0 at the end. Problem is - WOD had the best replayability in Wow's history, that allowed it to live long enough without new content.
    What was replayable in WoD? Genuinely asking, since it is considered the expansion that had nothing to do outside raiding.
    Even dungeons were a one time thing unless you were going there a second time for CMs.

I mean except if you count setting up a new alt's garrisson?

9.0 has only two weeks of content per character
    No it doesn't.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

They are definitely going to try and push out TBC before 9.1 and keep the player base busy. Considering they only showed off concept art at Blizzcon, 9.1 is minimum 6 months away. Considering they've got to do a 2 month PTR test as well, it's not coming out any time soon. I think TBC will launch early Summer while 9.1 launches late Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Not random

Patch testing lasts around 6-8 weeks

Classic had a beta that lasts multiple months
    Classic beta was a completely different beast.

Everything had to be tested. Like really basic things. They didnt even test endgame. All they have to test this time is the new zones.

We have a supposed date for prepatch in TBC with the may 18th leak. We have absolutely nopthing for 9.1th leak. We have absolutely nopthing for 9.1

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Your tolerance to incredibly repetitive boring bullshit must be at world record levels. I could barely bring myself to grind soul ash/renown on my main and literally gave up on the first alt at renown 16. Just logged out mid questline and never logged back in.
    You literally get to renown 16 before you reach level 53 lol wtf.

Kids these days are incredibly lazy.

5+ Year Old Account
    So what if they do release shit around the competition? Doesn't matter in the end. Sometimes, Blizzard releases shit when they want.

- - - Updated - - -

It's heavily implied.
    Well you know how humans are. They are distracted by shiny new things. A fresh new expansion VS fuck all is not really a good trade. I know you seem to like the idea of artistic freedom and all that, but when you are running a business, that is not a sustainable approach.

If I heard it right the Classic TBC beta is right around the corner, maybe sometime this week. I could see it given a May release while with 9.1 I expect it to be around June. Hopefully not ending up to close.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    You literally get to renown 16 before you reach level 53 lol wtf.
    I can see what you mean but not everyone is happy shelving or gimping alts until they get everything through catchups. War campaigns were insultingly boring even the first time on my main.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Kids these days are incredibly lazy.
    I'm 43 with no time to waste on fucking bullshit more-boring-than-both-of-my-actual-jobs solo gameplay in an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Your tolerance to incredibly repetitive boring bullshit must be at world record levels. I could barely bring myself to grind soul ash/renown on my main and literally gave up on the first alt at renown 16. Just logged out mid questline and never logged back in.
    Or hear me out here he loves this expansion so doing all that doesn't bother him at all to do?shocking i know!