Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    I did not know the situation in Canada was so bad it needed the US to send vaccines?

I remember a while back they had enough vaccines thrice their population. What happened?
    I believe their promised supply evaporated when the nations they purchased from decided to inoculate their own population first. Canada has minimal manufacturing capacity so they can't make their own in large quantities. They still seem under control though and hopefully their supply will increase in the coming months.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    AZ still hasn't submitted an application for use in the US yet (they're waiting on US trial data due in the next few weeks) so there's no reason for the US to be holding onto those vaccines if they can be used elsewhere.
    Remember that this is partially due to a length delay in the trials (they were halted a month more in the US than in other parts of the world), and partially because FDA is quite strict and they require approval for vaccine and vaccine production, so AZ cannot just use data from the EU, and AZ understand the process so they will not send in an application that is likely to get rejected.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The story about the US giving away vaccines is a little misleading. The US is giving away a big stockpile of AZ vaccines - a vaccine it doesn't use or in a rush to use.
    I don't know the status of the stockpile - but I've heard suggestions that it may also be getting close to the shelf-life for the vaccines (or "use-before-date"); and in that case there's zero reason for the US to hold on to them.

US sending 4 million vaccine doses to neighbors Mexico and Canada

On Thursday, the Biden administration confirmed that it would be sharing its stockpile of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine doses to its northern and southern neighbors, fulfilling earlier requests by agencies like the World Health Organization (WHO) for wealthier nations to share their vaccines.

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki confirmed that about four million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine would be shared between Mexico and Canada.

The vaccine developed between pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca and England’s Oxford University is approved for use in both countries, but not yet in the U.S.

“Our first priority remains vaccinating the U.S. population, but the reality is the pandemic knows no borders, and ensuring our neighbors can contain the virus is mission critical to ending the pandemic,” Psaki said.

it's a start...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    US sending 4 million vaccine doses to neighbors Mexico and Canada

On Thursday, the Biden administration confirmed that it would be sharing its stockpile of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine doses to its northern and southern neighbors, fulfilling earlier requests by agencies like the World Health Organization (WHO) for wealthier nations to share their vaccines.

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki confirmed that about four million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine would be shared between Mexico and Canada.

The vaccine developed between pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca and England’s Oxford University is approved for use in both countries, but not yet in the U.S.

“Our first priority remains vaccinating the U.S. population, but the reality is the pandemic knows no borders, and ensuring our neighbors can contain the virus is mission critical to ending the pandemic,” Psaki said.

it's a start...
    You left out the really important parts?? Or maybe they did, though the video does mention awaiting approval.

- They are on "loan" to be paid back when those countries have excess and from their orders from AZ.
    - AZ vaccine is not approved for use in the US yet and they have not even filed yet for approval so the doses are going to waste if we don't use them.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah well the eye doctor also went to the Congress gym while he had covid while also holding the distinction of being the first Senator to contract it. All Fauci has is a lifetime in the field with much of it spent as our top infectious disease expert. I know which one I’d listen to.
    He also went to the swimming pool along with a couple other places in Congress. He was all up in that motherfucker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Reminder: When dealing with anti-mask people, be prepared for violence.

https://abc13.com/jack-in-the-box-le...ager/10430104/
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Every single one of these stories about people flipping their shit or getting violent about being asked to put on a mask, the person has always been some ugly-ass motherfucker. They should be grateful for having an excuse to wear a mask.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

The last of my family all have appointments for at least a first dose. I know blogging is verboten but god damn does that news hit different after the last year. Is this how people felt when the polio vaccine was first introduced?

The guy claims he’s homeless, so I’m not really treating this as a normal anti-mask situation.
    yah i finally got my apt, a mobile service opened up, their next stop is in my town....just lucked out into it just as it was posted.

only problem is in the morning i have root canal....afternoon shot.....nightime work.

Oh and its my birthday on that day too.

GG
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

If it’s a first dose of Pfizer I wouldn’t be TOO worried(based on my exp), but are you even allowed to be vaccinated after oral surgery?
    hmm is it really oral surgery?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

A root canal? Depends on the root canal I guess... I broke a tooth last year(I grind my teeth and one of my molars popped) and the root canal was a surgical procedure in that case. I think in some cases it isn’t technically surgery, but I’d check to be sure it won’t interfere. If it will I’d reschedule the root canal and just deal with the pain.
    yah I've been dealing with it for 3 months anyway.
    much rather have the covid shot vs the root canal

i can't find out any warnings about it on line just about general surgery
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    only problem is in the morning i have root canal....afternoon shot.....nightime work. Oh and its my birthday on that day too. GG
    Oh hell...pfft..."I'll take the shot on me ass. Since I might as well be sore at both ends...coming and going."

Vegas is probably correct though. Root canal work might involve antibiotics...and definitely some form of aspirin/ibuprofen. Ya gotta ask...
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2021-03-19 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Oh hell...pfft..."I'll take the shot on me ass. Since I might as well be sore at both ends...coming and going."

Vegas is probably correct though. Root canal work might involve antibiotics...and definitely some form of aspirin/ibuprofen. Ya gotta ask...
    hmm after 4 of them i have never had to use any antibiotics. pain killers are not necessary since there is no longer a root, thus no pain.

but yah i'll prob call the dentist and the hotline monday
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Seems that the reason for the reduced deliveries to the uk are becoming clearer. The alleged culprit is *drumroll* the US.
    Specifically that the US is using Defense Production Act to limit deliveries of raw materials for vaccines that are needed in India in order to make vaccines for the uk.

So Miami Beach has declared a state of emergency along with an 8PM curfew due to *checks notes* spring break. Apparently some college kids would rather get drunk with a bunch of strangers than avoid getting covid.

https://amp.miamiherald.com/news/loc...mpression=true
    Florida is bad news right now.

Last week Spring Break started in the panhandle. 100% occupancy rate for the next 4 weeks. No masks. No social distancing. These mongrels are all pent up from no walkies for the last year and are taking it out on my proverbial couch.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post

Last week Spring Break started in the panhandle. 100% occupancy rate for the next 4 weeks. No masks. No social distancing. These mongrels are all pent up from no walkies for the last year and are taking it out on my proverbial couch.
    Man...is it weird that I'm excited that we can totes blame zoomers and it's finally totally no millennial's fault for once? Fucking hell I hate these idiots tho.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post

its ok most of those folks will go back to their home state to spread the infection and won't be included in FL's stellar "reported" COVID numbers.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

US trial of AZ vaccine confirms it is safe and effective.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56479462

Whats happening in the eu??

Suddenly blocking the UK??? After giving so many vaccines too

Seemd like a poorly managed bloc

It's not as if they are handling nearly as badly as Trump did... whom you cheered for his actions.

AstraZeneca promised something.. they kept the promise to the UK... broke promise to the EU.. EU not amused.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    AstraZeneca promised something.. they kept the promise to the UK... broke promise to the EU.. EU not amused.
    Yes, and the latest part is that the uk wants to import AstraZeneca vaccine produced in the EU:
    https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-h...-idUSKBN2BE1BA
    while having an "uk first" clause in the contract with AstraZeneca for vaccines produced in the uk.

Note that the Pfizer vaccine delivered in the uk were manufactured in the EU.

7+ Year Old Account

It's a false battle manufactured by the eu against the UK (who are swimming in AZ vaccine and jabbing at a rate of almost 1 million a day) to detract from their leaders shambolic handling of the pandemic. Macron and Merkel are suffering terribly in the polls and Von der Leyen will join with her paymasters and do anything to detract from their atrocious handling of the eu's vaccine procurement for their domestic audience to try to save themselves.

The eu are threatening to shoot themselves in the foot by blocking exports of the Pfizer vaccine made from raw ingredients originally supplied by the UK and can't be easily sourced from elsewhere.

If the eu block these finished Pfizer vaccine exports to the UK we will retaliate by not allowing the exports of the raw ingredients to make the end product in the first place so bringing the whole eu pitiful vaccination schedule, such that one even exists, to a halt.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"