Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    You literally get to renown 16 before you reach level 53 lol wtf.

Kids these days are incredibly lazy.
    How did you do the maw and 16 dungeons without getting to 53?

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Classic beta was a completely different beast.

Everything had to be tested. Like really basic things. They didnt even test endgame. All they have to test this time is the new zones.

We have a supposed date for prepatch in TBC with the may 18th leak. We have absolutely nopthing for 9.1th leak. We have absolutely nopthing for 9.1
    New zones
    New dungeons
    New race zones
    New quests
    New raids
    The character copy

Keep in mind they have to test out the new zones while taking into account the huge population

Also for 9.1 we have seen that they already have the pirate dragon in his room and presumably functioning

9.1 test is
    1 zone
    1 raid
    1 dungeon
    4 quest lines

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    New zones
    New dungeons
    New race zones
    New quests
    New raids
    The character copy

Keep in mind they have to test out the new zones while taking into account the huge population

Also for 9.1 we have seen that they already have the pirate dragon in his room and presumably functioning

9.1 test is
    1 zone
    1 raid
    1 dungeon
    4 quest lines
    Ehm mate.

They are running on the last patch of TBC. While they are obviously going to test things there aint nothing new here.

Thats the major difference between classic and tbc. They had all the old tbc data, they had to recreate classic.

There is literally nothing new.

You think.... they are going to need to test... .the character copy?

Thats possibly the biggest reach i've ever seen on these forums

Well let’s math this

9.1 is 5-8 weeks of ptr

TBC is months of alpha and beta...

People screeching about delays with no information are going to say tbc and claim “they can’t release them too close to each other” ignoring the CEO saying there isn’t significant overlap between the two games so they don’t let it effect the release even though as I’ve shown above they won’t release near each other
    TBC does not have a long test period like classic. The reason classic was so long testing is because Blizz openly lost the vanilla data and had to recreate a good bit of the game.

Blizz has been open about this, even before classic was a thing, that they have all the data for things like tbc or Wotlk classic so it’s as simple as flicking the server light switch and it’s a go.

It isn’t like classic where half of the vanilla code was missing and needed recreation. This is ready to go now if they wanted

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    What was replayable in WoD? Genuinely asking, since it is considered the expansion that had nothing to do outside raiding.
    Even dungeons were a one time thing unless you were going there a second time for CMs.

I mean except if you count setting up a new alt's garrisson?
    Yea I mean I’m not a fan of the direction of modern WoW, but calling wod the most replayable version of WoW is legit stunning it’s such a ridiculous statement. I did a double take reading that. Wod and bfa are tied for the worst expac but for different reasons and SL is treading that direction quick

Ehm mate.

They are running on the last patch of TBC. While they are obviously going to test things there aint nothing new here.

Thats the major difference between classic and tbc. They had all the old tbc data, they had to recreate classic.

There is literally nothing new.

You think.... they are going to need to test... .the character copy?

Thats possibly the biggest reach i've ever seen on these forums
    They need to make sure the clone works for the servers...have you experienced beta copies??

They are going to start on the last patch of tbc but that doesn’t matter because they need to do the same thing every time they launch any new content. The servers aren’t the same as back then they need to build it on the classic system not the tbc system from 2007 which is work

Well 9.1 is is likely going to be in August.

TBC was released over a decade ago.

So I'd guess TBC

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    TBC does not have a long test period like classic. The reason classic was so long testing is because Blizz openly lost the vanilla data and had to recreate a good bit of the game.

Blizz has been open about this, even before classic was a thing, that they have all the data for things like tbc or Wotlk classic so it’s as simple as flicking the server light switch and it’s a go.

It isn’t like classic where half of the vanilla code was missing and needed recreation. This is ready to go now if they wanted

- - - Updated - - -

Yea I mean I’m not a fan of the direction of modern WoW, but calling wod the most replayable version of WoW is legit stunning it’s such a ridiculous statement. I did a double take reading that. Wod and bfa are tied for the worst expac but for different reasons and SL is treading that direction quick
    They still need to take that tbc data and change it to work with the current classic system And they have to make sure the fact the entire population of classic doesn’t blow up the servers due to the fact that every player starts in the SAME ZONE

4 month beta for tbc

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well 9.1 is is likely going to be in August.

TBC was released over a decade ago.

So I'd guess TBC
    If they wait until August to release 9.1 bruv, they're going to really REALLY have some playerbase issues lol.

Shadowlands released November 23rd , It's almost March 23rd , it's been 4 months and everyone is always sitting back chilling.. I can understand maybe 6 months but if they wait 8 months fam, I'd imagine 90% of the playerbase wouldn't be playing the game or have anything to do except old content (maybe alts if you have like a ton of alts)

As for TBC, I'd guess that's coming ASAP like super soon

They need to make sure the clone works for the servers...have you experienced beta copies??

They are going to start on the last patch of tbc but that doesn’t matter because they need to do the same thing every time they launch any new content. The servers aren’t the same as back then they need to build it on the classic system not the tbc system from 2007 which is work
    The clone is something they have done many times before. Its not something that needs to be tested to see if it works.

They already made the client mate. They arent starting over now. They already have a working version. SOo i literally dont know what the point of your 2nd paragraph is

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    WOD had the best replayability in Wow's history, that allowed it to live long enough without new content.
    That's a funny take on the worst expansion of the game with the least amount of content, by miles.

Oh, i get it, you must be a photo-enthusiast that just went crazy with the S.E.L.F.I.E. cam, that explains it !

On topic, I'm guessing TBC on MAY, 9.1 on JUNE or very close to those. Wouldn't be surprised if they both overlapped though, already happened with Shadowlands and Naxxramas, even if due to a SL delay.

How did you do the maw and 16 dungeons without getting to 53?
    You dont need to do the maw. The campaign starts giving you renown right away.

Plus you can get renown fron WQ using the new system and dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPickle View Post
    I think we'll get TBC Classic around May / June time - this will help Blizzard fill in a content gap in 9.05 to 9.1 for a lot of players who will take up TBC in the summer break. 9.1 will be around August / September time.
    august september.....that is near 9 month of no new content....it would be suicidal at best.

You dont need to do the maw. The campaign starts giving you renown right away.

Plus you can get renown fron WQ using the new system and dungeons.
    Please do tell me how you can skip the maw intro quest. I am waiting. You know - the one that gives you a full level.

You cant get renown from world quests you get renown from the zone quests and there are 4 of them in total. If you do all of them by questing you are max level before you get the last one.

If you do 16 dungeons you are also way above level 53.

So tell me again please, how do you get 16 renown before level 53

Please do tell me how you can skip the maw intro quest. I am waiting. You know - the one that gives you a full level.

You cant get renown from world quests you get renown from the zone quests and there are 4 of them in total. If you do all of them by questing you are max level before you get the last one.

If you do 16 dungeons you are also way above level 53.

So tell me again please, how do you get 16 renown before level 53
    you get renown from the daily calling quest.

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    you get renown from the daily calling quest.
    You get 1 renown from each calling quest. And arent they max level lol? I'm pretty sure they are max level

Just rechecked on my 51 rogue. You only have the aid the zones quest til you are max level. No Callings mate
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2021-03-22 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I can see what you mean but not everyone is happy shelving or gimping alts until they get everything through catchups. War campaigns were insultingly boring even the first time on my main.

I'm 43 with no time to waste on fucking bullshit more-boring-than-both-of-my-actual-jobs solo gameplay in an MMO.
    Wtf are you talking about gimping?

You could literally catch your alt up to your main in a day.

- - - Updated - - -

You get 1 renown from each calling quest. And arent they max level lol? I'm pretty sure they are max level
    Callins are max level.

I am not talking about callimgs.

You have a chance to get a renown level on finishing doing aWQ through thread of fate.

Same as you have a chance to get a renown level on killimg a boss in a dungeon.

Wtf are you talking about gimping?

You could literally catch your alt up to your main in a day.

- - - Updated - - -

Callins are max level.

I am not talking about callimgs.

You have a chance to get a renown level on finishing doing aWQ through thread of fate.

Same as you have a chance to get a renown level on killimg a boss in a dungeon.
    Thats been changed then. I know it didnt use to work like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayd View Post
    Hello!

So which one do you think will go out 1st? I see a lot of people thinking that the TBC pre patch will come out on may 18, but the beta isn’t out yet and I don’t see anything happening without about a month of beta, so I would bet may 18 could be the beta launch. But on the other hand no news about the 9.1 either, I don’t think Blizzard will release anything at the same time, my guess would be 9.1 first, then TBC beta, pre patch and then this summer the release of TBC.

But doesn’t it feel weird that we don’t have any news for both release?
    TBC Beta hasn't even started yet and people think it'll be out in less than two months? That's some strong delusions right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    TBC Beta hasn't even started yet and people think it'll be out in less than two months? That's some strong delusions right there.
    I think pre patch is may the 18th. Quote me on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Is this a joke? There was literally no content worth logging in for besides raids. Sure you could repeatedly not log in to not play
    Somehow the forums thing 1 fill the bar daily quest is the same as 4 covenant campaigns with 7 chapters, Torghest, WQs, callings, etc.