Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

did the valor honeymoon die already?

i finally got around to levelling my monk and got it to 60 last night, i got my legendary most of the coven campaign done so i decided it was time to get some m+ done on him spent 15 minuets trying to find a tank for my +2 he wasn't the best (he was probably lagging) just spent another 20 mins lookign for a tank for my 3 be4 one appears.

is the bounty of tanks and healers for low keys over now?

It died when they expected people to re-grind for the gear we already had.

I think it has to do with end of patch/season drought.

People who still play are most likely not bothering with lower keys (<10) and the people who'd usually join for a low key have already stopped playing after a couple weeks/months into the expansion.

I assure you when new patch/season drops you'll find plenty of people, but until then it's gonna be a pain in the ass to fill groups for lower keys.

I have valor capped 2 tanks this week, so from my perspective no.

I am doing about half the keys with guildies, the rest joining pugs occasionally with a healer or another dps. But because there are so many keys available tanks and healers can afford to be picky about the groups.
    Demo is fine... play better.

There are "breakpoints" for keys now. +2/3s have a lot of interest. +5s kinda of get some interest. +10s have a lot of interest (though not as much as last week). And +15s are probably the most popular keys. Anything in between is a disaster. I got KSM by knocking all my timed 15s back down to 15 because of how much more difficult it was to find people "pushing" above 15.

10+ Year Old Account
    It might just be there are a zillion other keys in that range listed and they are signing up for ones with other overgeared players so it goes fast.

But personally, I've found valor a lot easier to acquire than the pieces to spend it on. The first week it launched I ran like 35 dungeons, and this week another 15 or so, and I've gotten all of two pieces to upgrade. I'm capped on points.

I still like the system as a way to make my weaker pieces less garbage but since we have to get those pieces to drop all over again, that is the bigger limiter than the valor itself.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2021-03-23 at 04:34 AM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    There are "breakpoints" for keys now. +2/3s have a lot of interest. +5s kinda of get some interest. +10s have a lot of interest (though not as much as last week). And +15s are probably the most popular keys. Anything in between is a disaster. I got KSM by knocking all my timed 15s back down to 15 because of how much more difficult it was to find people "pushing" above 15.
    then why is it taking me 20 mins to find a tank for a 2 and 3?

It came a little late. Mythic was done. Many of us were done with KSM. I already have raid/pvp gear, no need to grind mythics all over again. It'll be good to have in season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    Because why would they queue with you instead of running with a geared 1000+ io party?

Most carriers would rather do 8k dps to speed up a dungeon than tank it to perfection and barely speed up.

Tanks are always in demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    Because why would they queue with you instead of running with a geared 1000+ io party?
    do you know any1 wiht that io that has a +2 or a +3? we are talking about valor farming here

Give me one reason, why would you join a +2, to require the maximum amount of valor to upgrade the item, over anything in the +7-12 range and even then its a known fact that people in the 7-10 range make the dungeons insanely hard with how unskilled they are, and +15 feel so much easier.

People farmed some valor in the low keys the first days, realized its better to farm the higher keys also, since it literally takes the same, because someone will 100% fuck it up in the lower keys and make it take forever.
    Last edited by potis; 2021-03-22 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Give me one reason, why would you join a +2, to require the maximum amount of valor to upgrade the item, over anything in the +7-12 range and even then its a known fact that people in the 7-10 range make the dungeons insanely hard with how unskilled they are, and +15 feel so much easier.

People farmed some valor in the low keys the first days, realized its better to farm the higher keys also, since it literally takes the same, because someone will 100% fuck it up in the lower keys and make it take forever.
    quick run and gives same amoun of valor as those 7-12s in lass amount of time

My gear is already 225 average. Why would I need valor points for 220 gear? Maybe if the ilv cap was 226 i'd consider it for better stat weightings.

i really can't understand this insane farm for 220 gear when most of farmers are already over 220 average ilvl

quick run and gives same amoun of valor as those 7-12s in lass amount of time
    And 2000 more valor required to reach the item level of the 7-12 drop, and if you do that, you can barely upgrade 2 items, over 3-4 if you farm higher when you can.

You do realize there is a valor cap right? And you cant spam items?

Quote Originally Posted by Gourbaak View Post
    i really can't understand this insane farm for 220 gear when most of farmers are already over 220 average ilvl
    Most are going for one or two specific pieces. Its why some dungeons are absolutely dead while others instant fill.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    And 2000 more valor required to reach the item level of the 7-12 drop, and if you do that, you can barely upgrade 2 items, over 3-4 if you farm higher when you can.

You do realize there is a valor cap right? And you cant spam items?
    yes, ppl get the items they want form the 14s/15s and then farm 2s-4s for quick valor to upgrade em

I never bothered with it... I still do my 4 M+15s as normal for my week.