Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    So apparently the kraken lady lawyer in her defamation case used the Fox news excuse. No reasonable person would believe anything she was saying so she can't be guilty of defamation.

https://www.rawstory.com/sidney-powell-dont-listen-her/
    "Your honor, nobody could reasonably believe the multiple cases I brought in front of state and federal courts were serious!"
    "So, Ms. Powell, are you saying you intentionally wasted the courts time?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    His former running-mate and vice president, Mike Pence.
    Would it matter? Pence is not an idiot. He knows his political life is basically over. I don't see him even running for Senator, Rep, or governor. I think he's going to hide in shame, possibly having a secret affair with Mrs. Buttersworth.

(checks news)

...oh. I guess not that last part.

Mrs Butterworth...all woman.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...limate-change/

Add Ron Johnson to, "Republican politicians that know neither their history nor their geography.", in his rush to dismiss the significance of anthropogenic climate change he fell back on the "THE CLIMATE IS ALWAYS CHANGING!" argument and used....the country of Greenland for his example.

In his view, Greenland got its name because it used to be green!

“You know, there’s a reason Greenland was called Greenland,” Mr. Johnson told WKOW-TV in Madison back then. “It was actually green at one point in time. And it’s been, you know, since, it’s a whole lot whiter now so we’ve experienced climate change throughout geologic time.”
    Before walking it back just a touch -

“I could be wrong there, but that’s always been my assumption that, at some point in time, those early explorers saw green,” Mr. Johnson said. “I have no idea.”
    He really should have started and ended with the bolded, because he'd at least be honest and accurate with that statement. Because the truth -

Since most of Greenland is covered in ice, snow and glaciers, the Arctic nation is mostly white. So how did it get its name “Greenland” when it’s not really green? It actually got its name from Erik The Red, an Icelandic murderer who was exiled to the island. He called it “Greenland” in hopes that the name would attract settlers. But according to scientists, Greenland was actually quite green more than 2.5 million years ago. A new study reveals that ancient dirt was cryogenically frozen for millions of years underneath about 2 miles of ice.
    Is that it wasn't green when it was "Discovered", nor for the 2.5 million years prior. It was just some branding to attract settlers. You know branding, like naming something "Trump University" to make people think it's like, an actual university!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Is that it wasn't green when it was "Discovered", nor for the 2.5 million years prior. It was just some branding to attract settlers. You know branding, like naming something "Trump University" to make people think it's like, an actual university!
    More like a murderer tried to grift a bunch of settlers... which seems par for the course in how it was used by Johnson... oh and the reason his name is Johnson, is because he is a giant dick... explorers looked at his forefathers and based on what they saw, called them a bunch of dicks... at least that’s what I assume... I have no idea...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Monday's quick report:

45,748 new cases and 636 deaths. Both a biiiit lower than last Monday but once again, Sundays and Mondays don't have reliable numbers overall. Spring Break is causing issues with Florida. Whodathunkit?

Stay safe, folks.

At least the Proud Boys are trying to keep busy, by marching against gay people in Oregon. It's good to know they are just as homophobic, as they are racist.

Trump loves them for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If any of you thought... who in their right mind could possibly believe Trump’s election fraud claims... you might have just qualified to be Sidney Powell’s lawyer:

Sidney Powell argues in new court filing that no reasonable people would believe her election fraud claims
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/22/polit...aud/index.html

According to the perpetrator of Trump’s lie... what percentage of GOP is unreasonable? Would it qualify as a basket of unreasonable?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    If any of you thought... who in their right mind could possibly believe Trump’s election fraud claims... you might have just qualified to be Sidney Powell’s lawyer:

Sidney Powell argues in new court filing that no reasonable people would believe her election fraud claims

According to the perpetrator of Trump’s lie... what percentage of GOP is unreasonable? Would it qualify as a basket of unreasonable?
    ...which, of course, begs the question of why she knowingly wasted the court's time with it.

I look forward to LegalEagle's assessment on the matter.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Trump said he had considered naming her as a special counsel to investigate voter fraud allegations.

...my head hurts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    ...which, of course, begs the question of why she knowingly wasted the court's time with it.
    I imagine that's the very first thing that will be used to destroy her defense. Simply put, she'll either have to defend the lawsuit on the merits, or basically beg to be disbarred.

oh the old Alex Jones / Fox News defense huh?

Whelp its 1-1 wonder if it will pull ahead with a winning record!
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not celebrate the loss of life.

That said, Eric Spinato, the head booker and senior story editor for the Fox Business Network, died over the weekend, the network said Monday.

I have no reason to believe Mr. Spinato personally directed FOX News' direction when it came to COVID stories, including Trump downplaying it, "hoax", etc etc. But I have every reason to suspect that, with FOX News taking a direct hit due to the COVID outbreak, that loss will change their direction in the future. We'll see if that happens.

By the way, there was a mass shooting in Colorado, 10 dead including a police officer. So...thoughts on the motive? Because based on the last four months, I think there's a pretty safe guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    By the way, there was a mass shooting in Colorado, 10 dead including a police officer. So...thoughts on the motive? Because based on the last four months, I think there's a pretty safe guess.
    Saw the story on Facebook from someone commenting on it from Fox News, and ho fuck do people there have issues. The usual "if libs had guns this wouldn't happen" and the usual other shit.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we are soon to get some of what we have been looking for:

Trump officials hindered at least nine key oversight probes, watchdogs said. Some may finally be released in coming months.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...49a_story.html

Two already released:
    One found evidence that Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao may have misused her position by repeatedly deploying her staff on personal business. A second concluded that former White House physician Ronny Jackson bullied his staff and drank on the job.
    Those to be released soon:
    Almost as soon as she opened a politically charged investigation in 2019 into whether the Trump White House blocked hurricane relief to a devastated Puerto Rico, the internal watchdog at the Department of Housing and Urban Development ran into obstacles.
    Other overdue reports include an inquiry by the Commerce Department’s inspector general into the Trump administration’s controversial decision to add a question to the U.S. Census about citizenship.
    Two long-running ethics probes of Ryan Zinke, Trump’s first interior secretary, remain in limbo more than two years after the president forced him out. The Pentagon watchdog has not released the results of a two-year audit of a $400 million contract to build the border wall that was awarded, at Trump’s urging, to a politically connected North Dakota construction company.
    The article goes in depth in describing what Trump did and tried to do, to stop independent watch dog groups. With his cronies ousted, stuff is starting to come out.

Edit: I think there is some irony in Trump being so corrupt, that he will likely be the most corrupt president for a considerable future. But, at the same time, his corruption was so successful, that 33% of the people will think history is lying.
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-03-23 at 02:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "two-year audit of a $400 million contract to build the border wall that was awarded, at Trump’s urging"
    That was the "Build the Wall" for which Bannon was arrested for fraud, wasn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    That was the "Build the Wall" for which Bannon was arrested for fraud, wasn't it?
    No, that was an independent charity. There isn’t much detail, but I am assuming that this was money Trump got as part of the budget for the wall. But, the company Trump pushed to get the money, had connections to the administration. The question being asked, if the Trump’s choice for the contract recipient, was motivated by knowing the right people. Trump’s Secretary of the interior is the one being investigated, but he is a proxy for Trump, since he was the messenger.

10+ Year Old Account
    The question being asked, if the Trump’s choice for the contract recipient, was motivated by knowing the right people.
    Ah. And all this is above and beyond Trump's part in the murderous insurrection and the legal moves against his businesses and "charity".

If Trump ran for office to enrich himself, it doesn't seem to be working out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah. And all this is above and beyond Trump's part in the murderous insurrection and the legal moves against his businesses and "charity".

If Trump ran for office to enrich himself, it doesn't seem to be working out.
    Well, it would have worked if it hadn't been for those meddling liberals and their dog votes.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    The investigation into Trump's finances has reached the point of "finding witnesses" to bring the documents to life. In courtroom/jury terms, this means finding people who previously worked with the documents and walk a jury through the "story" of what happened and where the criminal activity exists.

Which means the NY prosecutors have found the incriminating documents. Praised be.