Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Class and Raid Tuning - 24 March

Class and Raid Tuning - 24 March
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    With scheduled weekly maintenance (very early 24 March in this region), we intend to make the following adjustments:

You’re Invited!
    • Hunter
      • Beast Mastery
        • Beast Cleave now causes your pet to strike other targets for 90% of your pet’s damage (was 75%).
      • Marksmanship
        • Aimed Shot damage increased by 5%, and Trick Shots now causes your Aimed Shot or Rapid Fire to ricochet for 55% of the damage (was 50%).
    • Monk
      • Windwalker
        • Spinning Crane Kick damage increased by 15% (was 10%) per unique target you’ve struck in the last 20 seconds (was 15 seconds) with Tiger Palm, Blackout Kick, or Rising Sun Kick.
        • Resolved an issue with Spinning Crane Kick that prevented the ability from gaining benefit from Mastery: Combo Strikes.
        • Fists of Fury now deals 70% damage to secondary targets (was 50%).
    • Warlock
      • Demonology
        • Spell and pet damage increased by 3%.

Dungeons and Raids
    • Castle Nathria
      • Sludgefist
        • Fractured Debris missile travel time increased to 2.5 seconds (was 1.5 seconds) on Mythic difficulty.
        • The impact locations of Fractured Debris should now be more visible on Mythic difficulty.
        • Destructive Stomp radius decreased to 16 yards (was 20 yards) on all difficulties.
        • Chain Link allowable range increased to 14 yards (was 12 yards) on all difficulties.
      • Stone Legion Generals
        • Volatile Stone Shell’s absorb channel increased to 5 seconds (was 4 seconds).
        • Wicked Blast damage decreased by 15% on Mythic difficulty.
        • Wicked Lacerations damage decreased about 10% on Mythic difficulty.
        • Anima Orb duration increased to 20 seconds (was 15 seconds) on Heroic and Mythic difficulties.
        • Volatile Anima Infusion and Volatile Anima Infection duration increased to 20 seconds (was 16 seconds).
        • Volatile Anima Detonation radius decreased to 40 yards (was 45 yards).
        • Soultaint Effigy now stacks to 80% healing reduction (was 100%).
        • Stonegale Effigy movement force decreased by 20%.
    • Mythic Keystone Dungeons
      • Enemies that are mind-controlled and thrown off the edge of the dungeon no longer contribute to the Enemy Forces requirement.
      • Sanguine Depths
        • Fixed an issue with a Famished Tick getting stuck underground in Kryxis the Voracious’s room.
        • Fixed an issue where Z’rali may get stuck in the air when a player carrying the essence dies in mid-air.

In the 9.0.5 update, bugfixes to both Windwalker and Marksmanship had the side effect of reducing overall damage. Because the damage loss was enough to cause some potential disruption to balance, we’re compensating both specs now. In general, this patch was not intended to be a significant shakeup to current damage balance.

You’ll find the above and more in our hotfixes update soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demo is fixed!

Holy crap, there is still hope for MM. But no love to Survival... Jeez better come in 9.1 needs ST buff ASAP, I only use it for clearing AOE fights on farm

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Demo is fixed!
    It's gonna get there... 3% at a time.

rofl

Just you wait, it'll sneak up us in 9.3 after being buffed 3% every patch.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    Holy crap, there is still hope for MM. But no love to Survival... Jeez better come in 9.1 needs ST buff ASAP, I only use it for clearing AOE fights on farm
    Don't get greedy, you dps classes are so whiney. All 3 of your specs are shit, they start buffing one and you guys start crying for more. All 3 of your specs aren't going to be good, accept it. Did you start playing in BFA or something, WoW has always been this way. 1 spec is good, the rest are shit. It's called balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    At this point survival should become a tank spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post

rofl

It's like 20% behind affliction -- and they still are like LEZ TAKE BABY STEPS

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    It's like 20% behind affliction -- and they still are like LEZ TAKE BABY STEPS
    Honestly it's just cause Demo has next to no synergy with covenant abilities. And imo the sims and guides on Demo undervalue wilfreds (speaking for raid encounters here). Since most warlocks chose night fae, affliction tends to do better for them. But playing kyrian for the pelagos buff coupled with wilfreds bringing tyrant to 1min CD (which aligns with said buff) does pretty good damage. Outside of this buff scouring tithe is a damage loss imo. It's just not as versatile as Affliction but competitive in single target and burst AoE, but most guides tell you to go NF and Affliction so that's what players do.

Overall I tend to do better with demo than with affliction. But I still gladly take the 3% buff

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post

rofl

To be fair who wants to play that godawful spec?
    They still havent found what to do with demo since Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by cszsolt3 View Post
    It's nothing compared to MoP Demo, but still more fun than the other two specs. Affliction is just tiresome, playing upkeep simulator isn't really fun and it still being a somewhat bursty DoT spec does not help the class fantasy. And destru is... Okay? Pretty straight forward and only interesting in cleave/ multi target situations.
    Demo feels much better now than ever before. It could use some changes (Netherportal *cough*) and balance tweaks but it's the only spec that was strictly improved since Legion (but it started very low).

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    i would actually love that. And as a mitigation ability, your pet could taunt and tank the boss for whatever hit you trying to mitigate. Altho, i would never trust blizzard to get this right.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    i would actually love that. And as a mitigation ability, your pet could taunt and tank the boss for whatever hit you trying to mitigate. Altho, i would never trust blizzard to get this right.
    It shouldve been the moment they decided to make it melee. But oh well.

imagine having such a bad opinion lol,demo is the best its ever been gameplay wise,it feels like a master of demons should

and yeah i get some people really enjoyed the demon form gameplay.but that never fit with the class,your a master of sumoning and controling demons,not some weird melee caster demon yourself.....i do however miss the days when demo was the best raid buffer

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    At least the name would make some sense then I guess .
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Still bugged talents months after the release of the expansion. Pathetic

*lol* to that. You should have played the other 2 specs, especially the top raid dps spec affliction is the most awkward and boring one!!!

Demo design is miles ahead of affliction, and you see what happens if the dmg modifier is upped in Thorgast, believe it or not its ton of fun!(once it does some dmg)

I mean - imagine dots that you have to casts and imagine another cast (MR) to actually do dmg, not only did the class devs manage to destroy original affliction design, but they did manage to make it super boring, too, with their weird changes.

Just look at the empty cast animation of malefic and how it works.....i dunno what the devs were thinking! Probably not too much...

I don't quite get buffing WWs (especially their AoE) over other melee, to be honest. Aren't they already decent in raids and the best melees in M+, such as it is?
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

I don't get how they missed the mark on CN tuning so badly. This is what, the 20th nerf? Not exaggerating.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I don't quite get buffing WWs (especially their AoE) over other melee, to be honest. Aren't they already decent in raids and the best melees in M+, such as it is?
    there was a bug boosting ww dmg by a lot,when it was fixed they became the weakest melee