Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Heard this rumor about flying and renown

To open flying it's gonna take 40 more renown so a total of 80 to get flying and the next 40 will be at the same pace as the first. Tell me this isn't true!?

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    To open flying it's gonna take 40 more renown so a total of 80 to get flying and the next 40 will be at the same pace as the first. Tell me this isn't true!?
    It isn't. Flying will be part of the 9.1 Covenant campaigns, so you'll get it long before reaching 80.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't. There's nothing in the revealed information that says that.

Disregard rumors without sauce, acquire fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It isn't. Flying will be part of the 9.1 Covenant campaigns, so you'll get it long before reaching 80.
    Then it'll be gated a few weeks after 9.1 hits then, probably, since the campaign was gated behind renown at launch. There was what, 9 campaign chapters on release and they were gated from the 3rd one, right? Guessing 9.1 has around 6 chapters. I'd guess a month after 9.1 launches flying can be unlocked.

Which I'm fine with, there's no world content worth doing now anyway so flying isn't really a big deal to me.
    Hi

Sounds like an entirely fabricated "rumor", most likely created to wind people up. I have heard absolutely nothing to suggest they have changed their mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Guessing 9.1 has around 6 chapters.
    Why 6? Why not 5, or 11, or 8?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

I hope it is true, makes getting flying trivial.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Every scenario in this thread sounds trivial....
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Every scenario in this thread sounds trivial....
    It's definitely not going to be particularly hard. The only question is how much time it will take. I'd guess somewhere between 1-2 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Sounds like an entirely fabricated "rumor", most likely created to wind people up. I have heard absolutely nothing to suggest they have changed their mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Because it's a guess! Release had 9, where 3 or so were introduction things to covenants and whatnot. 6 remains that were atual full-on story stuff.

Also, "around 6" could mean 5 or 8, too.
    Hi

It's a lie, they said it would take a couple weeks to reach what you need to fly in the patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

If this were true, this wouldn't really be a problem.

Renown has a catch up system which basically gives you renown levels for random stuff you do in game. You can probably go from 0 to 40 in 2 weeks playing casually.

But yeah, it was said that flying will be a reward for completeing the new campaign...which might actually take longer than just getting renown up.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Because it's a guess! Release had 9, where 3 or so were introduction things to covenants and whatnot. 6 remains that were atual full-on story stuff.

Also, "around 6" could mean 5 or 8, too.
    So your "guess" is that there will be between 5 and 8 parts to the story? But not 9?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    If this were true, this wouldn't really be a problem.

Renown has a catch up system which basically gives you renown levels for random stuff you do in game. You can probably go from 0 to 40 in 2 weeks playing casually.

But yeah, it was said that flying will be a reward for completeing the new campaign...which might actually take longer than just getting renown up.
    The concern isnt the 40, its the 80 - the 40 on top of the current 40, and could it be gated? However, as I said, I genuinely dont actually think this rumor is anything other than someone making it up.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Not sure about that, but any type of change would be welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Auroboros View Post
    Not sure about that, but any type of change would be welcome!
    So you would welcome a gated process that takes a further 10 weeks (for example) to actually unlock flying?

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Every other unlock was faster then getting 40 renown levels so not sure what you're getting at there.

- - - Updated - - -

So your "guess" is that there will be between 5 and 8 parts to the story? But not 9?

- - - Updated - - -

The concern isnt the 40, its the 80 - the 40 on top of the current 40, and could it be gated? However, as I said, I genuinely dont actually think this rumor is anything other than someone making it up.
    Sure not 80, but most certainly something like 60-70 if they gate the campaign the same way considering we don't know how many chapters though, but they could easily add filler renown levels with more stamina again.

- - - Updated - - -

I expect only 4 because the end will be the raid story

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    I expect only 4 because the end will be the raid story
    So why 4? Why can it not be 7 and still end the raid story?

So you would welcome a gated process that takes a further 10 weeks (for example) to actually unlock flying?
    No, that's actually what you said, I just commented generally

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Every other unlock was faster then getting 40 renown levels so not sure what you're getting at there.
    no, not really, especially since renown you can get 40 now in 1 day, where no matter what in wod, legion, and bfa you would need to do weeks of dailies.
    (Although in bfa i cheesed and got flying in 4 days after the patch launched)

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    That trivial is different to quick. Hope that clarifies your error.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.