Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Tin foil hat theory - did they make shadowlands horrific on purpouse?

According to the poll on this thread 50% of players enjoy shadowlands, 50% think its bad or below, its not up for debate whether shadowlands is a success or not 50% of players being unhappy is horrendous in terms of sub retention.

i see blizzard making changes that nobody wants, the changes that everyone wants blizzard arent providing, it lead me to wonder why are they doing it?

Are they making shadowlands for the new players and classic for the older players? forcing the older players to move to classic while the new players obviously love the game because its actually fully built with the new player in mind?

I mean call me a conspiricy theorist but it would make sense having all the older players move to classic because then blizzard wouldnt have to work so hard with new content, they have another what 4/5 expansions to repeat without needing to recreate anything fresh for the next 10 years meanwhile they just rush through some spoon feeding timegated content for the new subscribers.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    >50% like it
    >50% don't
    >Somehow that makes it horrific instead of just average.

You must be new here. Literally every expansion has been "horrific" while it was current, only to be fondly remembered in the future. There are even folks that unironically loved Cataclysm and BFA. Different strokes for different folks. This is by all of my own personal measures an above average expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    According to the poll on this thread 50% of players enjoy shadowlands, 50% think its bad or below, its not up for debate whether shadowlands is a success or not 50% of players being unhappy is horrendous in terms of sub retention.
    Something about MMO-Champion being a small portion of the entire player base and so not an accurate representation of the player base as a whole- even for the 'hardcore' or fans of Classic.

i see blizzard making changes that nobody wants, the changes that everyone wants blizzard arent providing, it lead me to wonder why are they doing it?
    To spite us all

Are they making shadowlands for the new players and classic for the older players? forcing the older players to move to classic while the new players obviously love the game because its actually fully built with the new player in mind?
    Why would they do that when they are intentionally making changes to Classic that no one wants too? Easy mode 1.12 patches for example, doing nothing about the boosting and, worst of all reduced the latency. Something they said they weren't going to do.

Look at TBC- they're going to allow a paid boost even.

I mean call me a conspiricy theorist but it would make sense having all the older players move to classic because then blizzard wouldnt have to work so hard with new content, they have another what 4/5 expansions to repeat without needing to recreate anything fresh for the next 10 years meanwhile they just rush through some spoon feeding timegated content for the new subscribers.
    I think you have it wrong. Blizzard is tired after nearly two decades of having to provide if they want our money. The only reason I can think of is that they are intentionally trying to hurt us all. Blizzard is literally punishing us.

They're making Diablo 4 into a game that no one wants- why? To keep up their PR while pushing us onto Diablo: Immortal or whatever- a no effort, pay to win, mobile game where players have over money for 0 effort.

They're intentionally killing WoW with Shadowlands and Classic/TBC by giving something that not a single player wants so that we all have to go onto a WoW mobile game where Bliz can kick back and take a nap while the money just rolls in. That's why they agreed to join Activision- Activision, EA, Konami... they're all killing video games to collect money from crappy phone apps.

This is of course until they can tax us and simply take the money off our paychecks whether we play or not.

What poll on what thread? Link to it so we can see if it has something like 8000 responses or 49 responses.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    People always hate current expansion, pick some weakest feature in their eyes (Kung Fu Panda, garrisons, legiondaries, Azerite/corruptions) and exploit 24/7 whining on that single problem like it's most important thing ever. And then next expac sell as well as previous one (last two they even beat their own records), whiners get silent for month or two and return again.

What is REALLY funny this time around is that (current) most complained parts of Shadowlands - sparse gear, no reason to do open world for progression and Thorghast - are exactly what people screamed about, wanted and praised before launch, mostly inspired by various "wanna be game director" streamers. During Beta Covenants was thing that will cause literall hell for SL players - turns out it's non issue that no one complains about.

Lmao this is next level stupid even for this forum. You ever consider that the people who enjoy the game are... y'know... playing it, instead of coming here to bitch about it?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Lmao this is next level stupid even for this forum. You ever consider that the people who enjoy the game are... y'know... playing it, instead of coming here to bitch about it?
    For someone complaining about bitching, you sure bitch an awful lot in posts like these

More OT, Blizzard designed a mythic raider paradise with SL. I can't remember the last time they did something like that... Oh wait, I remember now, it was called WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by SidFwuff View Post
    Something about MMO-Champion being a small portion of the entire player base and so not an accurate representation of the player base as a whole- even for the 'hardcore' or fans of Classic.

To spite us all

Why would they do that when they are intentionally making changes to Classic that no one wants too? Easy mode 1.12 patches for example, doing nothing about the boosting and, worst of all reduced the latency. Something they said they weren't going to do.

I think you have it wrong. Blizzard is tired after nearly two decades of having to provide if they want our money. The only reason I can think of is that they are intentionally trying to hurt us all. Blizzard is literally punishing us.

They're making Diablo 4 into a game that no one wants- why? To keep up their PR while pushing us onto Diablo: Immortal or whatever- a no effort, pay to win, mobile game where players have over money for 0 effort.

They're intentionally killing WoW with Shadowlands and Classic/TBC by giving something that not a single player wants so that we all have to go onto a WoW mobile game where Bliz can kick back and take a nap while the money just rolls in. That's why they agreed to join Activision- Activision, EA, Konami... they're all killing video games to collect money from crappy phone apps.

This is of course until they can tax us and simply take the money off our paychecks whether we play or not.

Dude you are blowing things out of proportion, like with the "paid boost" for TBC...which isn't a bad decision for both sides if you would really think about it for a second. You talk about MMOC not giving an accurate representation, but where do you pull your numbers from? What is your source for a stupid argument like "they are making a D4 nobody wants"?
    You are just another bored dude who has nothing else to do but to come up with some bs theories which even my little nephew could prove wrong. People like you are the type of guys who keep stalking their ex after a breakup, talking sht behind their back and making up stories to make her look bad.

Imagine wasting time and brain capacity coming up with all this nonsense, jesus dude. Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by SidFwuff View Post

To spite us all

who pissed in your cherios? lol. if you dont like anything they are doing just stop playing their games. I love shadowlands and I didnt want classic at all. no rose tinted glasses for me and i have been playing since day one of vanilla. Did I enjoy vanilla at the time? of course, would i ever go back to slow boring combat? no thanks.
    Everyone who likes the diablo games wants d4 not sure wtf you are talking about "game that noone wants". Immortal is whatever. phone games arent my thing, but im not gonna hate on it.
    Last edited by Subrias; 2021-03-23 at 07:00 AM.

Players: Blizzard is a money grabbing soulless company doing everything for $$$
    also players: Blizzard intentionally made a horrific game

I mean wtf is that train of thought? Blizzard is by no means perfect but they surely want players to play and pay for their games which players only do if the game is actually fun for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, Blizzard does not deliberately tank its design because a few hundred people on this site don't like the game.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2021-03-23 at 07:10 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

No it does not make sense.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the worst conspiracy theory I've heard. Or well, it would be if I hadn't heard the same thing for other expansions.

"Hey, let's spend a couple years and several million/tens of millions of dollars making something that will make our customers hate us, so that we won't make as much money"
    "Sure, that sounds like a great idea! I love throwing away money"

15+ Year Old Account
    Noone ever makes their product intentionally bad. Especially not a successful gaming company. This makes less than ZERO sense.

9.0 is better than 8.0 and 7.0 combined.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    According to the poll on this thread
    What poll? You never linked anything

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    For someone complaining about bitching, you sure bitch an awful lot in posts like these

More OT, Blizzard designed a mythic raider paradise with SL. I can't remember the last time they did something like that... Oh wait, I remember now, it was called WoD.
    And PvP gets you the best loot. M+ exists as well. How is this only mythic raiders paradise?

That's what i call drumming up drama.

No, Shadowlands is not great, but it's not terrible either and they did listen to some feedback but ignored other.

The structure of the xpac was a disaster waiting to happen. Seperate zones, forced flights through Oribos... anyone could tell them it was a bad idea, but they didn't care. Same for covenants and abilities being tied to them.

But, the new systems are better imo. The pace with wich we get loot, the difficulty, the removal of gear rng like forgings/corruption, the revamping of classes. I think at it's core SL is better than Legion and BfA when it comes to classes and the joy of the gameplay.
    Peripheral systems like WQ's, Torghast, Maw... have fallen flat. I think legendaries don't quite work being a gold thing though. It kills alts if you have to spend a small fortune everytime you want to try something else or be stuck in progression with a low ilvl one.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-03-23 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    That's what i call drumming up drama.

No, Shadowlands is not great, but it's not terrible either and they did listen to some feedback but ignored other.

The structure of the xpac was a disaster waiting to happen. Seperate zones, forced flights through Oribos... anyone could tell them it was a bad idea, but they didn't care. Same for covenants and abilities being tied to them.

But, the new systems are better imo. The pace with wich we get loot, the difficulty, the removal of gear rng like forgings/corruption, the revamping of classes. I think at it's core SL is better than Legion and BfA when it comes to classes and the joy of the gameplay.
    Peripheral systems like WQ's, Torghast, Maw... have fallen flat. I think legendaries don't quite work being a gold thing though. It kills alts if you have to spend a small fortune everytime you want to try something else or be stuck in progression with a low ilvl one.
    either blizzard are incredibly dumb or they are incredibly clever. multi billion pound company, which you think it is? the more i think about it the more it makes sense.

your mention of the flightpath is a drop in the ocean. blizzard has managed to pi$$ off the entire community in the most part with very little positive coming out of the expansion.

pvp - retardedly unbalanced classes, prot pala healing more than all healing classes. say no more.
    heroic raiders - farm for a few weeks to be 213 ilvl, if you can get 1800 in pvp thats 220
    m+ - lowered drop rate, ilvl 3 behind heroic raiding, 10 behind 1.8k pvp.

social players who couldnt care - happy
    raiders - unhappy
    pvpers - unhappy unless they play a boosted class
    m+ players - unhappy

i think the people that are happy are judging the expansion based on them being happy playing with friends, in which case they could be sat in a pile of sheep turd in a field and say "i love this pile of sheeps turd its great"