Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    According to the poll on this thread 50% of players enjoy shadowlands, 50% think its bad or below, its not up for debate whether shadowlands is a success or not 50% of players being unhappy is horrendous in terms of sub retention.

i see blizzard making changes that nobody wants, the changes that everyone wants blizzard arent providing, it lead me to wonder why are they doing it?

Are they making shadowlands for the new players and classic for the older players? forcing the older players to move to classic while the new players obviously love the game because its actually fully built with the new player in mind?

I mean call me a conspiricy theorist but it would make sense having all the older players move to classic because then blizzard wouldnt have to work so hard with new content, they have another what 4/5 expansions to repeat without needing to recreate anything fresh for the next 10 years meanwhile they just rush through some spoon feeding timegated content for the new subscribers.
    Yeah sure. Blizz wants wow to fail...

SL is not as hated as the forums suggest. Especially here where for every blue post 2 threads get opened because wow is dying, Blizz are the worst, and the game is shit since cata. But for some reason the same people still play the game.

Changes that "everyone wants".... that never works. There is not one topic in any forum where people have a consensus. Or even a big majority agreeing on anything.

Every change will have people disliking what they did.

IMHO, people are way to critical of Blizz (or most developers) most of the time. Blizz isn't half has greedy as other developers. Internet culture just evolved into somthing that just hates everything no matter what. I can't remember the last time i read something positiv on any forum tbh.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    I would love to know where you managed to find the sub numbers for WoW compared to FFXIV.
    Same here. I'm a huge fan, but AFAK we never had sub numbers. Account numbers, yes. Or active players or some other not quite reliable metric that counts free trial accounts as well. I wouldn't be surprised if it were true, but that's not good enough in academic circles.

10+ Year Old Account
    either blizzard are incredibly dumb or they are incredibly clever. multi billion pound company, which you think it is? the more i think about it the more it makes sense.

your mention of the flightpath is a drop in the ocean. blizzard has managed to pi$$ off the entire community in the most part with very little positive coming out of the expansion.

pvp - retardedly unbalanced classes, prot pala healing more than all healing classes. say no more.
    heroic raiders - farm for a few weeks to be 213 ilvl, if you can get 1800 in pvp thats 220
    m+ - lowered drop rate, ilvl 3 behind heroic raiding, 10 behind 1.8k pvp.

social players who couldnt care - happy
    raiders - unhappy
    pvpers - unhappy unless they play a boosted class
    m+ players - unhappy

i think the people that are happy are judging the expansion based on them being happy playing with friends, in which case they could be sat in a pile of sheep turd in a field and say "i love this pile of sheeps turd its great"
    I’m a raider, I still love the game, I still play M+ and level alts with my boyfriend. Been playing for almost 11 years.

Like a lot of these threads, it’s complete nonsense. Blizzard isn’t purposely making anything bad, they’re not driving anyone to another game, and you’re talking out of your ass in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    NO - they made it horrible because Ion is a hardcore raider and he made expansion solely for hardcore raiders.

thats why end product is toxic pile of garbage that has atm less players then FF14. and this is 3 months into expansion.

it complete unmitigated failure - that most likely got already axed and resources already got moved to 10.0 because nothing can save it atm.

you will see that 9.1 will be last tier of expansion and thats why it wont come out untill septemeber

- - - Updated - - -

he is not wrong though .

- - - Updated - - -

fewer milions then FF14 has.

FF14 unlike wow gained 1,5 mln active players when wow kept loosing them - even though they didnt release new expansion yet.
    It’s gonna be fun when you find out there are more raid tiers and the expansion leads into the next one. I’ll remember this post, I hope

If only 50% of mmochamp hates it then it's doing really well. Id be surprised if half the ppl on here even bought shadowlands, much less got to 60 and tried any of the content lol.

According to the poll on this thread 50% of players enjoy shadowlands, 50% think its bad or below, its not up for debate whether shadowlands is a success or not 50% of players being unhappy is horrendous in terms of sub retention.

i see blizzard making changes that nobody wants, the changes that everyone wants blizzard arent providing, it lead me to wonder why are they doing it?

Are they making shadowlands for the new players and classic for the older players? forcing the older players to move to classic while the new players obviously love the game because its actually fully built with the new player in mind?

I mean call me a conspiricy theorist but it would make sense having all the older players move to classic because then blizzard wouldnt have to work so hard with new content, they have another what 4/5 expansions to repeat without needing to recreate anything fresh for the next 10 years meanwhile they just rush through some spoon feeding timegated content for the new subscribers.
    Yes a for profit company intentionaly made something bad to lose money,a company that has a LEGAL fiduciary duty to make a profit acted against the law and not only to lose money but also risk huge fines/jail/disbandment

/facepalm

Also never attribute to malice what can far easily be dismissed by incompetence

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Pretty sure they can ask for whatever they want. I mean what is Activision going to do? WoW is their money making machine. Problem is Brack is.....well, Brack.
    WoW is Blizzard's cash-cow, Activision's is probably CoD and I'm guessing CoD makes a lot more for Activision-Blizzard.

So much wrong on the very first paragraph:
    • This thread has no poll, yet you claim there is one, with results already in.
    • A poll with an unknown number of voters, yet you act as if it perfectly represents the player base.
    • A poll which its results were seemingly pulled out of your butt.
    • A perfect split in the middle regarding opinions is somehow "horrific" and not "average"

Because obviously Blizzard wants to get rid of all their player base for all their games and go bankrupt. No other explanation! (that was sarcasm, by the way)

Yes. They're trying to force the older players into Classic where they won't have to buy expansions every two years to keep playing. Genius, you cracked the code. (sarcasm again, by the way)

I mean call me a conspiricy theorist
    You are. And a bad one at that.

but it would make sense having all the older players move to classic
    No, it wouldn't. Every single one of your reasons you listed are completely nonsensical.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    So much wrong on the very first paragraph:
    • This thread has no poll, yet you claim there is one, with results already in.
    • A poll with an unknown number of voters, yet you act as if it perfectly represents the player base.
    • A poll which its results were seemingly pulled out of your butt.
    • A perfect split in the middle regarding opinions is somehow "horrific" and not "average"
    Someone did find a poll recently done on here which destroys OP’s argument. No wonder he didn’t link it

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet another typical MMO-C conspiracy theory thread. Wonder why mods just don't go ahead and close it.

Yes, clearly Blizzard is hellbent on destroying their own crown jewel game. Shitty poll tainted with MMO-C's selection of vengeful exes who have nothing better to do than bash WoW for years no matter what, clearly indicated that.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    the poll he referenced actually is very pro Shadowlands. OP is just talking out of his butt
    That's even better lmao
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

And bulking numbers up by almost 30% makes any point you make completely invalid. Don't fudge your fucking numbers if you want an actual discussion.

Just because people play it doesnt mean they like it. cutting down on develeopment/costs/staff etc is making the game horiffic on purpose. but nowadays wow cant be bad enough for invested players to stop playing it - they just accept the fact and go on with it. stockholm syndrome and sunk cost fallacy plus whatever personal reasons that fuel the need to escape to a known, safe, universe they have known for years.
    Last edited by Magneto; 2021-03-23 at 12:02 PM.

7+ Year Old Account

If this was the case, Blizzard would be trying to get older players to go to the "classic" servers, to in the end, provide them with a new experience without all of the mistakes they made along the way (dungeon finder, systems upon systems etc) and give themselves more time, to explore the content that was scrapped (like the nerubians was supposed to be a much bigger part of WOTLK and the ogres a MUCH bigger part of WoD Than they were) these are all things that the classic servers allows for blizzard to explore, and with WoD opening up for the seperate timelines idea in the lore, it opens up the possibility of the classic servers, lorewise, going a completely different route than retail in the events that unfold later on.

did they make shadowlands horrific on purpouse?
    No! Thats a dumb theory. Just as dumb as looking at a poll on MMO and believing the votes are truthful.

Thats all.

you can ban me also
    OP is 100% right and you know it

that's the real life wow business strategy:
    oldfags go -> classic
    newfags go -> get lost in spoonfed shit for 2-3 months, then go -> classic

90% pay subscription to have access to classic
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

I don't think they made it "horrific" on purpose, but I am starting to see a pattern of stripping away everything at the start of an expansion when they can rely on box sales and new expansion hype, only to slowly add them back in as the expansion goes on and they need to basically bribe people to return to the game.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    And PvP gets you the best loot. M+ exists as well. How is this only mythic raiders paradise?
    PvP loot isn't "the best", it's just the most reliable when it comes to acquisition. M+ is no longer an independent way of gearing up your toon, it has been degraded to an additional grind which nets you more vault slots. Casual players have $&#@ all to do if they want to progress their character - inb4 "git gud", because I've already heard that before, do you know when? In the good ol' times of Cata/WoD, the epitome of the raid or die approach.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Shadowlands is NOT a bad xpac. WOD and BFA received significantly more negative feedback and in hindsight so has Cata. Except for WOD (where players dropped out after a month), its become the norm for players to quit after 3-4 months or take a break and downscale their participation until the next patch (which is super LATE). And, it's definitely hard, if not impossible to discern between the two.

Truth be told and I believe the majority will agree, It's better than Cata, WOD and BFA, but not as good as Legion, WOTLK and BC. That puts the xpac somewhere in the middle which is where it belongs right now. For everything Shadowlands gets dead on target, they manage to get something else really wrong, flashes of brilliance (Torghast, Covenants, Trials of Fate) and flashes of stupidity (Lack of Rewards in some parts, the entire pvp gearing system (again) and a long overdue 1st patch). Is Blizzard taking their time to come up with better ideas, fixes and solutions or is the largest MMO out there stalling because of a "lack of resources or is Covid genuinely restricting Blizzard's Dev time?" A reasonable assumption is that it's a combo of all the above.

Except 50% of players are not unhappy.
    50% of the people who go to MMO-Champion, have an account, take part in polls AND just happened to see that thread are unhappy. That is an extremely tiny and negligible % of the actual playerbase.

Your assertion that 50% of the playerbase dislikes the expansion based on the poll proves that you're not capable of actually holding a discussion on the topic.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Shadowlands is NOT a bad xpac. WOD and BFA received significantly more negative feedback and in hindsight so has Cata. Except for WOD (where players dropped out after a month), its become the norm for players to quit after 3-4 months or take a break and downscale their participation until the next patch (which is super LATE). And, it's definitely hard, if not impossible to discern between the two.

Truth be told and I believe the majority will agree, It's better than Cata, WOD and BFA, but not as good as Legion, WOTLK and BC. That puts the xpac somewhere in the middle which is where it belongs right now. For everything Shadowlands gets dead on target, they manage to get something else really wrong, flashes of brilliance (Torghast, Covenants, Trials of Fate) and flashes of stupidity (Lack of Rewards in some parts, the entire pvp gearing system (again) and a long overdue 1st patch). Is Blizzard taking their time to come up with better ideas, fixes and solutions or is the largest MMO out there stalling because of a "lack of resources or is Covid genuinely restricting Blizzard's Dev time?" A reasonable assumption is that it's a combo of all the above.
    Little too late for that, don'tcha think? That was what the entire development time for the expansion was for.