Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    More senselessness. What a rotten culture we've grown in the USA.

"Boulder feels like a bubble, and the bubble burst," Borowski said. "This feels like the safest spot in America, and I just nearly got killed for getting a soda and a bag of chips."
    This stuck with me when I read the comment from someone at the scene.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2021-03-23 at 01:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I mean... it's pretty funny to watch the US go through each cycle and still stubbornly deny the OBVIOUS solution that works everywhere else. In the end, you guys love these shootings, otherwise you'd do something about it. So far, you're doing fuckall about it. Who are we to judge the life choices people in the US make? And from that perspective, it is a bit funny to watch the fake outrage by people like you. You'll have forgotten about this thing next week and that'll be that. And that's why people think this is funny.

I mean, I get it. It's probably not funny from your perspective... please don't go on a rampage now. I actually do not want to be in the news. Calm down man.
    It isn't really "funny" to me. Because this isn't an accident. It's a choice. Americans have collectively chosen that they prefer their security-blanket/penis-replacement approach to gun ownership, and if the price they have to pay to keep their safety penises is a never ending constant stream of mass murders, that's a price they're perfectly willing to pay.

This is not a case of them not connecting the obvious dots. They connected them, and said "fuck it, don't care about the mass murders, want to comfort myself by stroking my .45".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Also, people point out the whiteness of the perpetrators to highlight the fucking hypocrisy of having been bombarded for decades with racist messages about "violent' people of color, just for the same fuckers who have been doing that for decades to centuries to spin on a fucking dime the moment the bad guy is white. Like you.
    There needs to be a discussion, but it's not helpful to describe the guy as "white", period, full stop.

The rash of violence has been by "white supremacists", specifically. So let's just be clear and label them as such and make sure everyone calls them that, even the nascent ones who haven't actually taken action yet. Call them out to their faces. Publicize them and make sure everyone knows what pro-violence jackasses they are. And let those cards fall where they may.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess this app will see another few thousand downloads soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It isn't really "funny" to me. Because this isn't an accident. It's a choice. Americans have collectively chosen that they prefer their security-blanket/penis-replacement approach to gun ownership, and if the price they have to pay to keep their safety penises is a never ending constant stream of mass murders, that's a price they're perfectly willing to pay.

This is not a case of them not connecting the obvious dots. They connected them, and said "fuck it, don't care about the mass murders, want to comfort myself by stroking my .45".
    I get what you're saying. What amuses me is not so much the choice and the consequences coming from that choice but the fake outrage they display on a daily basis, literally everywhere. It's hard to fathom how they do actually not connect the dots and will go at length to obscure the picture and try to turn this into one of their school debates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    And this makes it funny again.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Exactly. And those same people will just blame the shooting on staff not being armed with guns. The stupidity is just... unreal.
    I know and those same people are against minimum wage hikes but expect the poor cashiers, and school janitors to play the part of John Rambo...

But hey being pro life, pro death penalty and pro guns all at the same time somehow makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    I know and the same people are against minimum wage hikes but expect the poor cashiers, and school janitors to play the part of John Rambo...
    Sorry to single you out, but this is exactly what I mean...

You butt in to this discussion, immediately derail it into a minimum wage discussion and then pretend that solves anything. You ACTUALLY make the argument that they should pay janitors more money so janitors could act as human shields? That's your solution? Seriously?

That's why this is hilarious, people are not only not connecting the dots, they can't even see the issue clearly and drown in a world full of buzzphrases.

Again, sorry for singling you out, you are not alone, I see this all the time and I get where you're coming from.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Sorry to single you out, but this is exactly what I mean...

You butt in to this discussion, immediately derail it into a minimum wage discussion and then pretend that solves anything. You ACTUALLY make the argument that they should pay janitors more money so janitors could act as human shields? That's your solution? Seriously?

That's why this is hilarious, people are not only not connecting the dots, they can't even see the issue clearly and drown in a world full of buzzphrases.

Again, sorry for singling you out, you are not alone, I see this all the time and I get where you're coming from.
    Sorry if that's what i did. I just have a problem with their overall policies as a whole and how their proposed "solutions" don't make sense but insist on having their way because god forbid we restrict access to guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    Sorry if that's what i did. I just have a problem with their overall policies as a whole and how their proposed "solutions" don't make sense but insist on having their way because god forbid we restrict access to guns.
    Ah, yeah that makes more sense... nevermind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did she tweet the cop's location?

Quote Originally Posted by Dethxx View Post
    Who the fuck cares what his skin color is?! Jesus get that fucking racist shit out of your mind! He’s a fuckin tool who deserves to burn for what he did and if you think his skin color matters you’re nothing but a racist using this tragedy to push your agenda
    If you don't think it matters then you're being willfully ignorant of race issues in this country and how right wing media encourages these people. Also this same right wing media constantly pushes the narrative that black people are violent criminals, but then there's the revelation that most mass shooters are conservative white supremacist males. So don't feed me that "stop bringing race into this" bullshit because you know it's a factor and always will be in the foreseeable future until we get our damn heads out of the sand and do something.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    If you don't think it matters then you're being willfully ignorant of race issues in this country and how right wing media encourages these people. Also this same right wing media constantly pushes the narrative that black people are violent criminals, but then there's the revelation that most mass shooters are conservative white supremacist males. So don't feed me that "stop bringing race into this" bullshit because you know it's a factor and always will be in the foreseeable future until we get our damn heads out of the sand and do something.
    The problem is the right wing loves to blame other people for the worlds problems. This incites hate, anger, mistrust and violence.

They point fingers and blame others for the employment, crime and other issues. Then when the masses are incited and resort to violence they don't claim any responsibility and of course run to protect their precious guns.
    Last edited by Hilhen7; 2021-03-23 at 02:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In America a particular group has lashed out throughout history in response their their overall valued sense of cultural identity and the fear/anxiety/false sense of authority when reality conflicts with their ideas.

Saying a particular trait that drives these people's mindset is someone 'irrelevant' misses the point and only adds to the problem. It only validates, in their mind, their warped world view where they believe it's so of their right right/place/duty to lash out when society doesn't reciprocate their 'deserved' place within society.

If these people didn't think certain things weren't 'owed' to them because of the obvious and particular traits they share they wouldn't think lashing out the way they do is a logical change conclusion. Because many of them feel that even though things might have turned bad for themselves, that maybe through their actions they can salvage their beloved identity for others like them. This is something manifested throughout America in many ugly ways, be it against the indigenous, against immigrants, against minorities (be them ethics or religious), against the the opposite sex. They feel like must push back against society when society doesn't bend over, so damn society when they commit acts against humanity. They feel like they are punishing society.

When you ignore the underlying issues then those issues only fester, this shit because 'normal'. And yet it's not in many parts of the world. Not that murders don't happen throughout the world world but these specific kinds of murders. Mass killings always have to do with one's warped perception not meshing with reality. In America is privilege(s) that society says they ought to have but those privileges are dumb so those people don't always receive them.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Are more people going to start casually wearing bulletproof vests from now on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    It's hard to when those things are very much connected, and often the motivation for these sorts of attacks in the US. You are basically telling us to discuss math problems, but we aren't allowed to mention any numbers??

I live in Arizona and my oldest daughter begins school this fall semester for the first time ever. I'm beyond scared shitless due to America's "other pandemic" of (mostly) white conservatives shooting up schools and public places seemingly every week/day
    I fear there's no logic to be had.

MMOC has a thread to cater to gun owners, where they can brag about guns, and recommend guns.
    A thread about gummy multivitamins gets locked.

I tells us quite about about the attitudes of site ownership and it's minders.

7+ Year Old Account
    Fucking clowns, and they are all butt hurt because Kroger is banning the carry of weapons in their stores.

https://www.businessinsider.com/rep-...hooting-2021-3

There needs to be a discussion, but it's not helpful to describe the guy as "white", period, full stop.

The rash of violence has been by "white supremacists", specifically. So let's just be clear and label them as such and make sure everyone calls them that, even the nascent ones who haven't actually taken action yet. Call them out to their faces. Publicize them and make sure everyone knows what pro-violence jackasses they are. And let those cards fall where they may.
    I see what you are getting at here, but I am not sure about the "full stop" bit. That's your opinion and I don't have a problem with the idea behind it.

I think there is a specific kind of culture that is leading to these White Supremacists taking action and having unopposed TV air time for White Supremacist rhetoric. So that "discussion" to be had is in my opinion inclusive of being "white" in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    The rampant racism on this forum and especially this thread is really laughable . Just replace a few keywords and it reads like a transcript of a KKK meeting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    The rampant racism on this forum and especially this thread is really laughable . Just replace a few keywords and it reads like a transcript of a KKK meeting
    Let's all feel real sorry for the white supremacists, clearly the real victims in the aftermath of this white supremacist's murder spree.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post

snip
    oh god this is golden

Let's all feel real sorry for the white supremacists, clearly the real victims in the aftermath of this white supremacist's murder spree.
    Was he a white supremacist?