Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    This isn't about FPs in general though. The problem is they implemented a feature FOR something and it's half-assed.
    You know it's not "half-assed" just because you claim it to be, right?

You spend 10k anima for it and it's neigh useless. If I would have known it saved me no time, I would have spent the anima on xmog or something else.
    Sucks for you. I spent 16k anima to get my sanctum's travel network to level 3, and the portal to Oribos is a bonus, considering I get instant travel to many areas in my sanctum's zone not accessible through flight paths, which is a godsend in Bastion. And in Revendreth, I'm enjoying hunting the broken mirrors to get extra rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    what do I want in OG or SW?
    You'll be in the portal room, with a - drumroll please - portal to Oribos.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    You'll be in the portal room, with a - drumroll please - portal to Oribos.
    Getting to Oribos is not really the issue here, its the other direction

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    So if you're not Night Fae, you are SOL? I mean, as far as I can tell, it's pretty obvious we'd need one portal for every covenant, considering apparently one portal connecting to two separate locations is not something that can be done. I mean, think about it: portals to SW/OR, why do we have separate portals to each instead of just one portal sending Horde to OR and Alliance to SW? In Shattrath they're literally sitting next to each other. Same thing in Oribos.
    "Can't be done" is not really something that fits to something to simple. It might be a design decision, but I am sure there are many way to solve this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Do we need portals everywhere? Yeah I get flying might not be the most fun thing but back in the day before we had portals everywhere, the travel was something that helped made the world feel big and that was nice. The fact you can get pretty much anywhere you want now in 2-3 minutes is a detriment.
    It's because travelling is not compelling content. It is a barrier to content you want to do. It's not 2008 any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

- - - Updated - - -

They really don't. Just put a portal at the exact place where you spawn when you use the portal from your Sanctum to Oribos. One portal is enough, if you are NF you don't need a portal to Bastion etc.
    But story wise that would not make sense. Because there are some many afterlives. Yes they could do it like you said. But storywise it does not make sense.

And there are enough options.

Why are people suggesing Teleport to Dalaran -> Fly over to Orgrimmar Portal -> Take Portal to Orgirmmar -> Teleport to Oribos etc etc as a good alternatives to just having the double portal there in Oribos?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    But story wise that would not make sense. Because there are some many afterlives. Yes they could do it like you said. But storywise it does not make sense.

And there are enough options.
    Story wise why is our hearthstone more powerful than portals set up by powerful beings in the shadowlands?

So many people saying how easy and quick it is to get to Oribos.
    I feel like you're missing the point that unless you set your Hearth to it, there is no quick way back to your Sanctum.
    Sometimes your Hearth is on CD.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam6961 View Post
    I feel like you're missing the point that unless you set your Hearth to it, there is no quick way back to your Sanctum.
    It only takes 2 mins and 16 seconds to fly from Oribos to Sinfall. And depending on how much you run your mission table you only need to go once/twice per day to pick up or turn in the callings or any other quest up. Could it be a thing? Sure. But it isn't that big of a deal that it isn't there. The bigger issue with a level 3 transport network is how the Venthyr mirrors don't show up on the map and don't follow a predictable pattern so WoWhead can easily track which group of 3 are up for the random chance at cosmetics.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm an engineer and a shaman with astral recall so waiting on travel is never an issue for me, but I still think it's stupid that the portal isn't two way on principle. You spent all that time and anima to upgrade it, it really should unlock a portal back.

I think it's really silly that there aren't sanctum portals. Frankly, if we were only getting one, I feel like a portal from Oribos to our sanctum would have been better than the reverse we got. It already seems kinda like they were set up that way with the big portal "gates" that the taxis fly through; we should be able to pop in those.

I don't care how short the taxi is or that one can port to somewhere else to port to somewhere else to port back or whatever. It's just arbitrarily inconvenient for no real reason. If you're going to let people spend a ton of resources building up a "transport network" it should be two way for everything, not just some things.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by adam6961 View Post
    No we are not. Most people start there day at there sanctum and only return when they are done. So 1 travel is not that big of a deal.

And most ( not venthyr yet) covonants have a very handy teleport system ( hell take the first FP from oribos to bastion and you are in your sanctum very fast).

We just find it silly. This is not flying around the whole of kul tiras, zandalar, broken ilse etc. These maps are very small you can be in oribos with several options very fast. And from oribos it does not take long.

if you think 1 min is to long of a fly time to get somewhere...you might want to stop playing video games....sometimes things take effort and time.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Why are people suggesing Teleport to Dalaran -> Fly over to Orgrimmar Portal -> Take Portal to Orgirmmar -> Teleport to Oribos etc etc as a good alternatives to just having the double portal there in Oribos?

- - - Updated - - -

Story wise why is our hearthstone more powerful than portals set up by powerful beings in the shadowlands?
    Lol first off dalaran > fly to portal > take portal > teleport is making it sound bigger as it is.

Just tested it on a alt. even with finding my mount on it UI, no speed like dash etc it only took me from from ironforge to oribos in 43 seconds. So a class with a dash or 2, and knowing where your mount is on your bar. You could do it in 30 seconds.. Or should they remove the old HS you have?
    We used to have 2 options. 1 was a hearthstone. the other was a mage in your group. Everything else is a bonus.

No we are not saying it is as fast. But its just 1 of MANY options you have. So crying about it is a bit silly. They could add it...and remove all the extra HS stuff?

Could they add it? yup.
    Would it make wise story sense ? nope

Is it on the same level as: we want flying, free tier sets, no more leveling type of stuff? YUP!

as for your question:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Hearthstone

Yes they are rare items. I think they might be even connected to us as players. And i am very sure we are more powerfull then a ebon mage that most likely would not even last 10 seconds in the maw. You now ...seeing as we killed their former boss, or a big bad blind night elf, or a big powerfull titan, or old gods, gaint ass dragon.....

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there should be a FP by each of the realm portals. It seems odd that I run past the giant red portal to Revendreth to talk to some dude over there to then fly back through the portal.

Better yet - let me jump into the portal and be put on one of those anima wyrms to fly to the zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

They really don't. Just put a portal at the exact place where you spawn when you use the portal from your Sanctum to Oribos. One portal is enough, if you are NF you don't need a portal to Bastion etc.
    The point is you can take a portal in OG, Sw or dala to get to your destination. More like shortcuts.

The whole thing this expansion does with all zones being in their own bubble sucks.. even with flying thinking ahead its still not faster realy. Just trying to give options..

Getting to Oribos is not really the issue here, its the other direction
    My understanding was that the conversation was shifting to showing that getting to Oribos was easy even without the Sanctum Portal, leaving you to set your HS in the Sanctum - where you start and end your (stereotypical) daily routine.

I think that the longest (and intended) travel times are from your home zone or even just Oribos to other zones, for WQs/Callings, Mythic dungeons etc. - and even those aren't that long.
    Complaining about travel times back to your Sanctum is a valid opinion, but I don't share it. I wouldn't mind having a portal back, I even expect it to get added later, but I see no use in advocating for it at this point in the expansion.

"Gameplay first". While Hearthstones were mentioned even in novels, the prevalence and reusability exist only because it's not compelling gameplay to travel ages to and from faraway places, same with most permanent portals.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.