Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    TBC heroics are about as hard as low Mythic+ keys, like level 3-5 or so.

There are still plenty of things that can wipe you if you don't handle them properly, and trash mobs hit like fucking trucks, so CC will be necessary until your tank/healer overgear them.

Also, some heroics are way harder than others. Shattered Halls, Shadow Labyrinth, and all of the Tempest Keep heroics are noticeably harder than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I wouldn't say it's a direct comparison.

TBC heroics don't have many mechanics or interrupt this or die or stun now or die like M+, but they melee tanks like a +17 or something.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

There are still plenty of things that can wipe you if you don't handle them properly, and trash mobs hit like fucking trucks, so CC will be necessary until your tank/healer overgear them.

Also, some heroics are way harder than others. Shattered Halls, Shadow Labyrinth, and all of the Tempest Keep heroics are noticeably harder than the others.
    They easier than regular mythic dungeons lol. The burning crusade dungeons are a dance but mythic plus has ssome randomness to it that requires adjusting with how the random affxes can collide vs staability.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

It's silly to compare them to a Mythic + level without considering gear. In Shadowlands your characters have a lot of control over the situation and it allows skill/experience players to make a massive difference, in TBC that is way less of a thing, so the difficulty is completely non comparable. Shattered Halls Heroic in shit gear is way harder than a Mythic 0 in shit gear though, that's for damn sure.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    It's silly to compare them to a Mythic + level without considering gear. In Shadowlands your characters have a lot of control over the situation and it allows skill/experience players to make a massive difference, in TBC that is way less of a thing, so the difficulty is completely non comparable. Shattered Halls Heroic in shit gear is way harder than a Mythic 0 in shit gear though, that's for damn sure.
    I imagine the pug crowds in early gear will struggle with the go-go-go mentality similar to the early keys the first week you could do them. Patience is a virtue not often found and instead of chasing a timer, they’ll be chasing a badge-per-hour. TBC Heroics are fine until you mix careless pulls with high tank damage, iffy threat and a shit mana pool.

A few weeks in and some badge gear on tanks/heals? Totally different.

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    Ccing in wow is brain dead. The mobs do nothing to stop you and if you struggle to not break cc that is an iq problem. Diminishing returns don't exist on live, I don't remember tbc heroics super well.
    There were a lot of CC options that had longer cooldowns so if it got broken for whatever reason or was resisted, it made things much more difficult.

It's also not necessarily an IQ problem, as knowing what specific mob NOT to hit took coordination and communication. Which again, isn't hard, it's just decidedly NOT faceroll easy, which is a pretty profound step up for some people.

Downplay it all you want, but not paying attention and screwing it up can easily lead to wipes. So, yes, while it is super easy to do right, it's also pretty easy to screw it up and extremely important to do right otherwise the entire group could die.

It reminds me of that scene in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 where Rocket gives Baby Groot the explosive with the giant, red, and easily pressed button and the only thing Baby Groot has to do is NOT hit that button...

If you are used to M+, no absolutely in no way challenging.
    If you are used to Classic dungeons though, they will probably be much harder especially opening weeks.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    You sure? There are far more People standing around in full raid epics in City Hubs in Classic with a similar population to how it was in Vanilla.
    I'd say it's more about people not being new to the game anymore and everyone being aware of "the meta". Yes it means people "are better" compared to then, but it's not really an iterative improvement over all the year, and more a "got out of newbie zone" situation.

Also, Classic has attracted a crowd that is, on average, much more "hardcore" than Vanilla, which was much more about "playing casually". It counts heavily.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    The prenerf herois had a bunch of wierd mobs wich had tank oneshot abilities for no reason. Like underbog boglords, fel guards in blood furnace, those 8 armed bitches in shadowlabs, the nockupmobs in shattered halls, neophytes in blood furnace.. and some other packs in arcatraz aswell etc.

They said they were going with earlier prenerf versions of raidbosses, but they said nothing of prenerf heroic dungs so i expect we are getting the nerfed 2.1 version of the dungs. In that case it wont be very hard, just alittle slower than current classic dungs.
    A part of me wish we get the pre-nerf, 2.0 version of the 5-man, just to see all the braggart "we will faceroll them with AoE" get their teeth smashed and shut up.
    But honestly, it would be a high cost catharsis. Unnerfed HC were just not very fun, especially for melee. As a rogue main, I don't really want to play with 360 two-shots cleaves everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of them will be challenging early on in blue/greens. But once you get close to pre-bis it'll be a cakewalk.

If you dont rush withouth pre raid bis you wont have a hard time. Just dont think you can faceroll through it right away

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    unnerfed Dark Portal and Escape from Durnholde were quite unbeatable.

We tried with the realm first guild and got overrun in Dark Portal (Realm First DPS), Portals overlap with 20s between portals.

Escape from Durnholde : First boss hits for 7k on the MainTank, fears the tank (0.5 sec cast), fear resets aggro, boss aggroes the healer, one shots healer etc. Maybe fear was instant cast, i forgot, and he had a charge and a big whirlwind. So he charged into group, ww, 3 Ppl Dead.
    We stopped trying at the dragon boss i think, because the dragon groups one shot the tank and spawns overlap with the best DPS from realm first guild.

These dungeons no longer exist in the game tho. Blizzard nerfed them hard after a few weeks.
    No one on my server beat the unnerfed versions as far as i can remember.

The nerfed versions were a piece of cake.

HC Shattered Halls, Shadow Lab etc were easy. We cleared all those every day in week 1.

But heroics are usually not hard because there's no time limit.
    So no, they won't be hard.
    None of that is true

Quote Originally Posted by Desscent View Post
    If you dont rush withouth pre raid bis you wont have a hard time. Just dont think you can faceroll through it right away
    They will roughly be on par to a mythic 0-5 depending on what one.

People seem to forget the "monster" mechanics of these dungeons were dispel a polymorph then run LoS and stop attacking when a shield is up.

It might stump people who just played classic and haven't touched wow for a decade beyond that but most wow players will demolish this content. You can't cross the same stream twice.

Nah, people will zerg everything. People used to farm everything pre-sunwell in TBC without addons, without knowing what a rotation was while keyboard turning. Literally just randomly hitting buttons and you'd still win.

I know this because I did all of those things in TBC and still cleared all content pre-attunement removal. Anyone who thinks anything in TBC is going to be hard pre-sunwell is mad. Hell, I don't even expect Sunwell to be challenging.

Some heroics will be hard. But only for the first few weeks.
    I can't wait to watch millionaire streamers run into first pull in sethek halls in green gear for example.
    Gonna be great entertainment.

I still remember doing Heroic Sethekk and the mobs hitting our tank like a fully loaded 18 wheeler. Tank was a hardcore raider too and geared to boot. That was the only challenging part was the mob strength. Other than that, pretty easy.

TBC dungeons were highly tuned, but not very mechanically complex. The difficulty basically came in CCing enough mobs to keep your tank alive through most of the trash, and hoping they didn't die to hard-hitting abilities in two seconds if they were undergeared. I'm sure that coordinated groups will have absolutely no trouble with them when TBC classic releases, but PUGs will likely struggle until the overall gear level goes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    TBC dungeons were highly tuned, but not very mechanically complex. The difficulty basically came in CCing enough mobs to keep your tank alive through most of the trash, and hoping they didn't die to hard-hitting abilities in two seconds if they were undergeared. I'm sure that coordinated groups will have absolutely no trouble with them when TBC classic releases, but PUGs will likely struggle until the overall gear level goes up.
    That's true.
    The meta will revolve around pallies kiting consecrated (huge) packs around traps/eb totems/blizzards.
    But early on there will be lots of entertainment on CC immune mobs

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho21 View Post
    I still remember doing Heroic Sethekk and the mobs hitting our tank like a fully loaded 18 wheeler. Tank was a hardcore raider too and geared to boot. That was the only challenging part was the mob strength. Other than that, pretty easy.
    Probably didn't move away from the ghosts

No, but I'm fully expecting pally tanks to be meta.

the damage will be brutal in the beginning when you have a lot of druids and palas that didn't tank in naxx or t2, using dungeon blues, I'd wager the exact same thing will happen again where ppl will get to 70, get their heroic keys and just go straight into heroics with whatever gear they have and some ppl will be borderline unhealable. remember when ppl showed up with no gems and no enchants on their transitory dungeon gear, yep. that will happen again.

it'll be hard, for the healers who have to pray their heals land in time. for everyone else it'll be the same as any other dungeon. the hard part is playing a healer.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-03-27 at 05:56 AM.