https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-missions-solo

Justin Truman: Forsaken content will be vaulted at some point. I think in the same way we don't want eight raids, it's the same thing with storylines - we don't want when a new player enters into Destiny, there's five different competing storylines that they could start playing and in some of them, Uldren's a good guy, and in some of them he's a bad guy, and it's not clear if you're playing them out of order.
    Man, and this is why I lost any interest in coming back. Is it so difficult to shuttle people through each set of campaign missions so they can catch up on the story and not just be dropped in with the only hope of figuring out what the heck they missed being going back and watching cutscenes and playthroughs of the old campaigns on YT?

This is the last of the content I ever actually paid for in the game I think, so once this gets vaulted there will be literally no point for me to return since everything I appear to have ever spent money on is gone and all I have are the memories of playing it and my characters frozen in time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm lost, if they are concerned about how people see the content in order...........fix that? At least thats the reason I assume is why they are vaulting it and not cause space requirements.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Everyone knows its to hard to add "new people start here for the complete story or skip ahead if you want to, warning you will miss out on some lore if you do".
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I swear people complaining about vaulted content are equivalent to a toddler having a toy they haven't touched in ages taken away from them. They don't actually care about it, but that won't stop them from telling you how upset they are.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    I swear people complaining about vaulted content are equivalent to a toddler having a toy they haven't touched in ages taken away from them. They don't actually care about it, but that won't stop them from telling you how upset they are.
    I mean...it legit kept a few friends I tried to get into the game from trying since they didn't want to spend a few hours catching up on the story so they weren't completely lost. I'm not pretending like folks were routinely playing it, but it was nice to have there as something to do if the mood struck you, too. I assume they killed these over time, but I liked the "mission replay" stuff from Ikora Ray (I think?) from the early days. Felt like a decent enough reason to go back and replay some missions to get some rewards for a bit of a change of pace from normal grinding.

Also, it's not a good feeling when content that you paid for is legit just removed from the game wholesale. It's one thing if they overhaulded things a la say, Cataclysm changes to Azeroth, but this would functionally be removing the BC expansion from WoW altogether.

From my perspective as a returning player I basically feel like I can't even get back into the game because all of the stuff I missed and want to catch up on isn't even there anymore. No other game in the genre has ever done that because it's a fucking stupid decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Man, and this is why I lost any interest in coming back. Is it so difficult to shuttle people through each set of campaign missions so they can catch up on the story and not just be dropped in with the only hope of figuring out what the heck they missed being going back and watching cutscenes and playthroughs of the old campaigns on YT?

This is the last of the content I ever actually paid for in the game I think, so once this gets vaulted there will be literally no point for me to return since everything I appear to have ever spent money on is gone and all I have are the memories of playing it and my characters frozen in time.
    Yikes, vaulting their best content because they didn't have enough content to release a Destiny 3

Rando on the internet is upset about people saying they are upset online and wants you to know they are upset about it online.

Okay. Clearly these people are wrong to have an opinion about something they payed for and its not allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

wow... that is just.... wow

and on one hand, I kinda understand the whole "we want players to be able to catch up to current story" deal. on the other hand... one of the reasons I got put off from the game was when they transitioned to steam and bolstered everyone, I was actualy midway through the red war campaign.. and I was legitimately lost as to where am I supposed to go, what am I supposed to do, because they way they dropped you in, there wasn't much guidance as to what stories came first.

like.. is it really so difficult to do what Division 2 did (for all my issues with the game) and give you a choice to bolster your character to the level of current content, or do all of the original story?

maybe not everyone wants to replay the story, but some of us - do. and just outright removing, not redesigning - removing paid content and trying to make it sound like its for our own good is just...

a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Yikes, vaulting their best content because they didn't have enough content to release a Destiny 3
    Forsaken was heavily shit on at launch with the bulk of it being the casual population due to general accessibility throughout its entirety until the Opulence DLC. At which point was the long start of lows for the PVP population and to an extent the raiding. I personally missed most of it while current and trying to go back and get people to do that stuff was and even with the new loot slim to none unless you found someone who lived and breathed Forsaken. The vast majority of the population just doesn't give a fuck to do old content even if there is an exotic behind it unless it is meta.

I do think it is one of the best game designs from an RPG aspect and the idea of how Destiny could go in a more MMORPG looter shooter type. It just did not sit well with their average playerbase and in part why such content designs have not returned.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2021-03-12 at 09:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Forsaken was heavily shit on at launch with the bulk of it being the casual population due to general accessibility throughout its entirety until the Opulence DLC. At which point was the long start of lows for the PVP population and to an extent the raiding. I personally missed most of it while current and trying to go back and get people to do that stuff was and even with the new loot slim to none unless you found someone who lived and breathed Forsaken. The vast majority of the population just doesn't give a fuck to do old content even if there is an exotic behind it unless it is meta.

I do think it is one of the best game designs from an RPG aspect and the idea of how Destiny could go in a more MMORPG looter shooter type. It just did not sit well with their average playerbase and in part why such content designs have not returned.
    Forsaken initial release was weak with tons of time gating. Once the whole expansion was actually out and it was a cohesive experience, most now regard it as one of the best expansions. Not sure about the PVP thing myself, but I watch a few PVP streams when I have time and most regard Forsaken highly favorable in PVP, with vanilla and now being the low points for D2.

Forsaken for me was the high point of D2. I enjoyed the story and it got me sucked into Destiny lore after the red war left me cringing in vanilla. Ironically, most of the Forsaken content wasn't even made by Bungie. And before Beyond Light Luke Smith said "don't expect another 'Forsaken' sized expansion". Its not because it was unfavorable, its because they don't have the resources that Activision provided.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got the Legendary edition after I quit about 2 months after initial launch.
    Any good Warlock resources I could check out? Guides, channels etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Just got the Legendary edition after I quit about 2 months after initial launch.
    Any good Warlock resources I could check out? Guides, channels etc.
    You could check this two guys:
    Ehroar : build ideas and synergies.
    Esoterickk : soloing hard content => also build ideas and synergies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    You could check this two guys:
    Ehroar : build ideas and synergies.
    Esoterickk : soloing hard content => also build ideas and synergies.
    Cheers! Will do!

I hope that I'm not too late to finish my seasonal "Chosen" title. I also wasn't able to finish my stasis quest earlier when the "Season of the Chosen" started, so I don't really know if there are any cool and new builds rolling around. I would only assume that quest rewards some sort of new stasis ability.

Previous season I was really enjoy hunter with a montecarlo and melee stasis build. The Warlock and the Titan stasis subclass wasn't particularly enjoyable to play with, but it's subject to change. I really hope that the good old-school subclasses are still somewhat competitive comparing to always running a new stasis builds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    I hope that I'm not too late to finish my seasonal "Chosen" title. I also wasn't able to finish my stasis quest earlier when the "Season of the Chosen" started, so I don't really know if there are any cool and new builds rolling around. I would only assume that quest rewards some sort of new stasis ability.

Previous season I was really enjoy hunter with a montecarlo and melee stasis build. The Warlock and the Titan stasis subclass wasn't particularly enjoyable to play with, but it's subject to change. I really hope that the good old-school subclasses are still somewhat competitive comparing to always running a new stasis builds.
    You should have all expansion to complete it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    You should have all expansion to complete it.
    I was daydreaming writing that post. I stopped with the Shadowlands so I wasn't aware that we still have 54 days left, I somehow was convinced that season is ending soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are some activities to look into if I wanted to increase my light level beyond 1270?
    Hit playlists?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    What are some activities to look into if I wanted to increase my light level beyond 1270?
    Hit playlists?
    Powerful engrams will get you to 1300, and Pinnacles will get you to 1310.
    You can check each activity type/play-list on the map what it rewards.
    You can track your weekly targets here: https://www.d2checklist.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    Powerful engrams will get you to 1300, and Pinnacles will get you to 1310.
    You can check each activity type/play-list on the map what it rewards.
    You can track your weekly targets here: https://www.d2checklist.com/
    Oh great! Thanks for that.

Another question, at what lightlevel could I try the legendary lost sectors? They are listed as recommended 1300+. iirc