Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Even if that's a store mount - so what? There were TCG mounts and pets since vanilla. Is it really different?
    Yes it is vastly different.

different how?

Lootbox (getting code from TGC) was ok, but simply buying for real money not ok (and TGC codes were, and still are being sold on 3rd party websites)? What exactly is the problem?
    Last edited by procne; 2021-03-24 at 02:16 PM.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

If it is or isn't a store mount doesn't make any difference to me. If its a store mount and you hate store mounts, show your dislike for it by not buying it. Not something I'm worried about either way. After I get flying I will not use another ground only mount ever again in classic lol.

I really couldnt care less.

I was a huge fan of #NoChanges when Classic was announced, but after having played Classic for 2 years Im not bothered by #SomeChanges at all. I learned that the most important thing for me is that the gameplay is fun and enjoyable. The fact that some people can buy this mount for either ingame gold or IRL $$$ has zero impact on my enjoyment in Classic TBC.

For me Classic TBC does not have to be a 1:1 replica of how the game was played 15 years ago. It wont ever be anyways, since I highly doubt they will ever put in the effort to make servers with patch progression similar to how it was back then. The fact we play on the last patch of Classic from day 1 massively changes the experience/class balance on its own.

different how?

Lootbox (getting code from TGC) was ok, but simply buying for real money not ok (and TGC codes were, and still are being sold on 3rd party websites)? What exactly is the problem?
    One was a collectible item that was extremely limited. It was tied to another blizzard “game” in a way that just gave you another mount. The fact that you could sell these for real money doesn’t change that.

A store mount is different. Anyone, anywhere, at anytime can put this mount into their bags. One is a collectible that just so happens to be obtained through a different blizzard medium. The other is just literally in a virtual store that has an infinite number of uses.

That’s like comparing a blizzcon mount to a store mount, they aren’t the same.

One still has some sort of prestige and rarity to it. The other just floods the market with mounts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ehma View Post
    One still has some sort of prestige and rarity to it. The other just floods the market with mounts.
    Holy fuck, imagine thinking that wasting 3000$ on a bit of pixels is somehow fucking "prestiege" there is no "prestiege" in wasting money on a mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

One was a collectible item that was extremely limited. It was tied to another blizzard “game” in a way that just gave you another mount. The fact that you could sell these for real money doesn’t change that.
    Maybe to you
    A store mount is different. Anyone, anywhere, at anytime can put this mount into their bags. One is a collectible that just so happens to be obtained through a different blizzard medium. The other is just literally in a virtual store that has an infinite number of uses.
    oooooh, so the "different blizzard medium" makes all the difference? So if they sold this particular mount elsewhere then it would be fine!
    That’s like comparing a blizzcon mount to a store mount, they aren’t the same.
    To me they are. You have to pay to get them
    I think you spend too much time with the game and need some distance and perspective if you care that much about this kind of "prestige" that it annoys you so much. Well, your imagination, your problem. Im outta here
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Smells like a store mount in celebration of TBC Classic release in the future - most likely meaning a store connected to TBC Classic, or the mount will be for progression servers and or the store in honoring of TBC Classic coming out.
    Why is it people in this game care sooooooooooooooooooo damn much about how people spend their money. Worry about your dead presidents, rather then about someone else's wallet.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Holy fuck, imagine thinking that wasting 3000$ on a bit of pixels is somehow fucking "prestiege" there is no "prestiege" in wasting money on a mount.
    Yeah I don’t think there is personally, I’m just saying from a bigger point of view. The limited factor is more so the biggest difference here. I mean disagree all you want, I’m correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe to you
    oooooh, so the "different blizzard medium" makes all the difference? So if they sold this particular mount elsewhere then it would be fine!
    To me they are. You have to pay to get them

I think you spend too much time with the game and need some distance and perspective if you care that much about this kind of "prestige" that it annoys you so much. Well, your imagination, your problem. Im outta here
    I spend maybe 2 hours a week MAYBE playing the game but ok. The guys asked for the difference between TCG mounts and store mounts, I gave you the difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I don’t think there is personally, I’m just saying from a bigger point of view. The limited factor is more so the biggest difference here.
    Artifical scarcity of an item is even worse than the free option for everyone that an unlimited store item brings to the table, especially when both are aquired the same way ie: spending irl money for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    Artifical scarcity of an item is even worse than the free option for everyone that an unlimited store item brings to the table, especially when both are aquired the same way ie: spending irl money for it.
    Sure, maybe it is. But that by no means makes them the same as store mounts, or like one guy was calling them “the first wow tokens”.

I’m not arguing whether or not they are good or not. I’m telling them that they aren’t remotely similar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Why is it people in this game care sooooooooooooooooooo damn much about how people spend their money. Worry about your dead presidents, rather then about someone else's wallet.
    Honestly? I don't know why people complain about what people spend their money on.

I feel like your quoting the wrong person unless of course, it is an open complaint to rant?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is headed for the TBC client, this is disappointing. Especially if it's a store mount.

#SomeChanges means improving gameplay, while remaining true to the original game. Not brand new mounts.

I remember in Dec 19, when Blizz was addressing AV issues, they referred to Classic as a museum experience. They should either stick to this mantra and stick to original assets, or go all-in with changes and release a Classic+ version. I'd like to see a Classic+ version roll out when Wrath is over, but we all know how likely that is.

It's hard to see this as anymore more than a cash grab. Yes, mounts are only cosmetic, but having flashy store mounts *does* dilute the prestige of the "legit" ones.

The appeal of Classic, for me, was not nostalgia. I never played Vanilla. I enjoyed it because everyone started from scratch, and for a while, only the top players had the good gear and mounts. This Warpstalker is a slap in the face to that experience. It's bad enough that there are no FRESH servers planned.

EDIT: if Blizzard's intent with this mount is to allow new players to "catch up" by buying a mount, fresh servers would actually do the job better. If you and your friends all start at lvl 1 at launch, it's a level playing field. The fact that fresh servers aren't planned but store mounts are speaks volumes about Blizzard's true intentions with new players: PAY UP!
    Last edited by roboscorcher; 2021-03-24 at 05:04 PM.

I really fucking hope this is a store mount. Not because I want to watch the world burn or anything, but simply so that all the fucking #NoChanges people on this forum can finally see that, in the end, their fucking crusade for the "purity" of Classic was little more than providing an avenue for Blizzard to monetize their game. Congratulations, you played yourselves. If a store mount is enough to turn you off from TBC Classic then please, don't fucking play. Let rational human beings who understand that it's a God damned fucking video game enjoy it. It wasn't meant for you anyway.

"its just a sparkle pony, they wont add a full cash shop to a sub game! its not a slippery slope!"

Here we go again.

Who the F cares anymore about mounts? They are dime a dozen, no one is unique. No mount really says anything, except those with really low drop % and that only says someone got really lucky. Oh got ahead of the curve mount? lol boosted. Mythic clear mount? lol boosted. Dungeon meta achiv mount? lol boosted.

The glad mount is maybe the only prestigous mount left? Idk.

It also seems enough people are willing to get ripped off from Blizzard. Imagine having to buy the game, then sub up, then present the players with mounts for real money. Mounts that often times are much more appealing than those you get ingame.

Everyone who buys these mounts: Dont do it. Especially on retail, were you have so many mounts its silly. Each and every mount matter less cause the game is bloated with them. Especially those you buy will be forgotten about pretty soon. Demand instead that Blizzard creates cool and innovative content were you obtain these mounts. Theres so many ideas to be had out there with this, but Blizzard is just plain lazy.

For me theres not many mounts that stand out after all these years of playing(since vanilla). In fact, my paladin epic mount and the charger from ARgent tournament are two mounts I have a special tie to, cause it required something from me ingame. I put effort into getting them. Ashes of Alar means something to me also, cause it has so low drop rate and theres a whole story behind how I got it. The last mount is probably the Ulduar meta achiv mount cause I was there and did it at current. Most other mounts? Meh. Cool for a day or two, then its over.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Who the F cares anymore about mounts? They are dime a dozen, no one is unique. No mount really says anything, except those with really low drop % and that only says someone got really lucky. Oh got ahead of the curve mount? lol boosted. Mythic clear mount? lol boosted. Dungeon meta achiv mount? lol boosted.

It also seems enough people are willing to get ripped off from Blizzard. Imagine having to buy the game, then sub up, then present the players with mounts for real money. Mounts that often times are much more appealing than those you get ingame.

Everyone who buys these mounts: Dont do it. Especially on retail, were you have so many mounts its silly. Each and every mount matter less cause the game is bloated with them. Especially those you buy will be forgotten about pretty soon. Demand instead that Blizzard creates cool and innovative content were you obtain these mounts. Theres so many ideas to be had out there with this, but Blizzard is just plain lazy.

For me theres not many mounts that stand out after all these years of playing(since vanilla). In fact, my paladin epic mount and the charger from ARgent tournament are two mounts I have a special tie to, cause it required something from me ingame. I put effort into getting them. Ashes of Alar means something to me also, cause it has so low drop rate and theres a whole story behind how I got it. The last mount is probably the Ulduar meta achiv mount cause I was there and did it at current. Most other mounts? Meh. Cool for a day or two, then its over.
    You understand we are talking about tbc right? Not retail?

How many unique mounts (black drone, ZG, Baron, can't even count the PvP mounts because they'll be easier to grab in TBC) do you own on Classic?

Just out of curiosity.

10+ Year Old Account

In Classic, mounts are not a dime a dozen. They are still somewhat challenging to obtain, and a lot of people play specifically to avoid all the paid cosmetic stuff in retail.

MMO's are very grindy, and good MMO's allow the hard-working players to show off their hard-earned rewards. When those art assets are siphoned off to cash stores, these assets are taken off the list of "I want to earn this one day" for new players. That means they are - to some extent - less likely to continue playing the game.

Cash stores do hurt WoW long-term. Why farm a Timelost Protodrake in Wrath Classic when the cash shop has a Gold Protodrake up for $5?

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    Cash stores do hurt WoW long-term. Why farm a Timelost Protodrake in Wrath Classic when the cash shop has a Gold Protodrake up for $5?
    That's a nice imaginary argument you have there.

How on earth do you expect anybody to be able to reason with you when you're literally making shit up to prove your point?