Thread: Magic Legends

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    being able to pay money for double loot is too much pay to win for me. really dumb thing to put in an ARPG

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Do you get more than one summon at a time? I'm trying a punch boy and the holy healer and your 1st summon seems to despawn if you try to summon it a second time.

Not sure if you gotta level it up or what.
    I think you can? I remember having a few up during the tutorial as a white planeswalker. But they don't seem to have a lot of health so if you're not healing them they're gonna die.

I didn't even really realize that there was mouse movement until I was digging around in the options trying to find the menus cause like in the starter area if you try using wasd right away it converts you to keyboard. Now I'm used to the keyboard and the mouse feels weird.
    Yeah, apparently the UI updating is solid and it transitions from mouse control -> mouse/keyboard control -> gamepad controls nicely. Haven't tried gamepad yet but will be tinkering.

From what I can tell gear has 3 mods. They all seem to be able to be upgraded and 2 of them you can swap but I'm not sure how cause it just shows the options are locked for me. They also have a loadout score. Not sure if that goes up when you upgrade your gear or if you gotta get new gear as you level up.
    Ah, less BD then. I think I get that system, but will have to see it in-action first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    being able to pay money for double loot is too much pay to win for me. really dumb thing to put in an ARPG
    Wait...wut? How does this work? >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I think you can? I remember having a few up during the tutorial as a white planeswalker. But they don't seem to have a lot of health so if you're not healing them they're gonna die.

Yeah, apparently the UI updating is solid and it transitions from mouse control -> mouse/keyboard control -> gamepad controls nicely. Haven't tried gamepad yet but will be tinkering.

Ah, less BD then. I think I get that system, but will have to see it in-action first.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait...wut? How does this work? >.>
    you can literally pay cash to get double loot in game lol its in the cash store with everything else.

you can literally pay cash to get double loot in game lol its in the cash store with everything else.
    Spell pages, gold, and XP and it's for a limited number of missions.

Not sure how impactful that actually is, and there appears to be a separate one to double drops from monsters.

Kinda lame, but since we don't seem to be competing with players "meh". I've softened my stance on paying for power over the years and really only care if it's a game where the advantage you'd get might actually matter in PvP or something. If it's just PvE then /whatever.

But I totally understand why it's a huge turnoff for a lot of folks and that's a perfectly reasonable position to take.

Alot of F2p games have stuff like that. Not saying its a good thing though.

It costs 5 bucks for 30 minutes of double loot or 3 mission end reward doublings. I don't see many people buying them unless endgame loot is godly. Way too expensive. I think they added them more so they could pad the loot boxes with shit. All three promo packs so far have had them so they will probably giving out more for free in the future as well.

Free skin and booster from alienware:
    https://na.alienwarearena.com/ucf/sh...-giveaway-pack
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-03-23 at 11:59 PM.

Alot of F2p games have stuff like that. Not saying its a good thing though.
    Not on PC/console. It's common in mobile games, but I'm struggling to think of PC/console F2P games that go this route.

It costs 5 bucks for 30 minutes of double loot or 3 mission end reward doublings. I don't see many people buying them unless endgame loot is godly. Way too expensive. I think they added them more so they could pad the loot boxes with shit. All three promo packs so far have had them so they will probably giving out more for free in the future as well.
    This was my read as well. It seems a lot more like whale bait than anything super impactful/meaningful, so /whatever.

Free skin and booster from alienware:
    https://na.alienwarearena.com/ucf/sh...-giveaway-pack
    Boo for needing to register, screw that. There is a free bundle of goodies including a few loot boosters and skins in the cash shop in-game though!

I think each summon has a set number that can be out. I tried in town and after like 10 seconds or something the first mace guy despawns.

Also the archers instantly despawn if you try and summon another pack of 3.

5+ Year Old Account
    !claimfreepack

(only thing to do with cursed 20fps)
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's free and it's not a card game for once. Trailer looks nice and I'll be excited to play an RPG in the Magic world. Though I'll wait awhile, I'm patient.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    !claimfreepack
    Is that actually a thing? I just assumed it, along with the 20 other things being spammed before I'd leave chat, was just shitposting.

Just FYI dont upgrade your spells until you complete the first zone. You unlock "housing" and building lands reduces the number of spell pages you need to upgrade your stuff.

You also then unlock 2 color deck option.

Biggest gripe: No transparency when you're behind shit. Needing to re-orient your camera mid-fight is super annoying >.<

Unplayable on EU. Felt like PoE on lockstep with roller coaster ping.

I kinda liked the deck system but kinda didn't. It's something new for sure. BUT it doesn't seem to interesting in long term.

Cinematics were bad, holy cow, stiff, slow, didn't make sense.

No force move and attack without moving, cannot rebind mouse buttons - super annoying.

Overall it wouldn't be bad if not for clucky combat and kinda super simplified totally RNG ability combat. Will prolly level up when its released but not gonna invest too much time in it.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

10+ Year Old Account
    This game is like Genshin Impact for people who like card games and ARPGs. Enough substance to easy you in, next thing you know you are neck deep in MTXs looking for the next $5 hit.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Unfortunately...my computer doesnt like this game at all.
    I think is safe to say is badly optimized...and makes me sad...because i really wanted to play it and seems VERY fun

And my computer is not even bad.

I was able to play just fine -- I had 105 + FPS the entire time without issue; I did notice the stutters because of the way the game is live-loading, but yeah. It has the same issues that all of the other cryptic games tend to have these days, lag wise. I think they just suck at timings, though...

Anywho, it isn't that bad. It's obviously new, cryptic tends to do complete overhauls a year or two after launch but by then their games are pretty dead. They random card aspect is annoying since people like rotations, but it does completely prevent you from having that static gameplay -- which I kinda like.

The controls were fine to me and intuitive as someone who has played pretty much every game like this; my biggest issue is the targeting with WASD being based on your directional facing rather than your mouse clicks (and not being able to cancel spells with right click that you have queued/targeting with).

Other than that, they're going to suffer for a while with the anti-loot box crowd for a while until they weed out the cheap folks who rather spend their stimmies on WoW in-game gold. I'm not in support of their lootbox model (too expensive for too little, as was the case with Champions too), but just... deal with it. You literally offer them nothing if youre not buying something, and they have no reason to care if youre there or not except as a way to attract other paying people (like a Club that has Free Ladies night to draw in more men to spend money, lol).

They really should have made the starter zone shorter. You can't party with anyone until you complete it which can take a few hours. I think my best tip for everyone is to grab all the teleport points during the first mission you get in each zone. Saves you a ton of time.

They also need better explanations for pretty much everything and a loot drop chat tab. I don't even know what the fuck I'm picking up. I think dupe items are converted to crafting material for identical armor pieces but I'm not sure. And does that mean every Helm of the Weaver has the exact same stats?

Also putting a class in a loot box is total bullshit. Put it in the store so you can actually buy it and not just have a chance at getting it.

@Edge- apparently you can turn shadows and stuff off with some chat commands. So you can customize you settings somewhat its just not in the actual settings for some reason.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-03-24 at 05:37 PM.

Yet another exclusive, yet another pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Yet another exclusive, yet another pass.
    It's got its own launcher through Arc too if you don't want to use EGS.

It's got its own launcher through Arc too if you don't want to use EGS.
    It's not like PWE's launcher is better than Tencent's.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though