Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why is Blizzard giving away TcG items, making it lose value

Giving away TcG pet for this charity, i read they are maybe gonna add the dark portal HS (Which is almost worth 1000 euro) for the TBC deluxe edition.
    Like does Blizzard like ruining the prices of items? Or what is the point in bringing back special items that used to be required 1 specific way and now everyone just gets it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Of all the things to complain about in regards to MTX, their real value decreasing in the least of my concern.

Wouldn't even mind if they just make them available in both games for a hefty gold sum to combat inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh nooo... anyway.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Of all the things to complain about in regards to MTX, their real value decreasing in the least of my concern.

Wouldn't even mind if they just make them available in both games for a hefty gold sum to combat inflation.
    For collectors it's a big FU though.
    But hey i guess everything must be reachable for any casual noob.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    The collection of those items has nothing to do with "casualness". It's just whether or not you got lucky with a booster pack, or have the money/gold to buy them. Which anyone can get in the game.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    The collection of those items has nothing to do with "casualness". It's just whether or not you got lucky with a booster pack, or have the money/gold to buy them. Which anyone can get in the game.
    He wants to feel special, don't ruin it for him

I probably should clarify my previous post:
    I think all of those TCG items should be added to the BMAH, because most of them already exist there.

I could buy the collectors arguement if the original acquisition involved an activity in the actual game, buying packs from a discountinued Blizzard product, not so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I probably should clarify my previous post:
    I think all of those TCG items should be added to the BMAH, because most of them already exist there.

I could buy the collectors arguement if the original acquisition involved an activity in the actual game, buying packs from a discountinued Blizzard product, not so much.
    Adding it to the BMAH making it appear like once a 6 months on it, still makes an item very rare.
    Giving it away to anyone makes the value drop by a 100%

idc that they are giving away pets, but before you know it they are giving away Spectral Tigers.

Fyi, collectors are part of the game too, giving away the stuff they worked for, just boosts the amount of leavers.

I understand how someone may not like it, especially if they spent loads of money cause they wanted to complete the collection. I was myself pretty bummed out when they just added the MoP collector's edition mount into the store for 25 euro

In the end, all the digital items are Blizzard property, and they are free to do whatever they wish to do with them. You should always take into consideration, that the game might end tomorrow, or that the item you just spent 5000$ on is suddenly available for free. That's why you should never spend anything more than throwaway money on collectibles, because that purchase might be completely invalidated at any point. Black market of TCG items is not something in any way officially supported by Blizzard and you shouldn't expect for that to change.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Why would blizzard care? They didn't promise anything about keeping these TCG item's value did they? I know Magic did promise to not reprint the really old cards making them worth a lot.

Fyi, collectors are part of the game too, giving away the stuff they worked for, just boosts the amount of leavers.
    Again, i have little pity when it involves an activity outside of the game, i'd agree with you on items farmed in the game itself.

Buying a code off a 3rd party website isn't something i qualify as "work" within the game.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-24 at 08:56 PM.

I'm sure out of game collectors will still pay hefty prices for unredeemed cards. Blizzard giving away a monkey isn't the end of the world.

15+ Year Old Account
    For collectors it's a big FU though. But hey i guess everything must be reachable for any casual noob.
    The rarity has only been because Blizzard stopped producing them. It isn't a big FU to collectors but instead it is a hit to those who want to profit off of those loot cards. Many collectible items only hold worth because someone wants it otherwise they would be zero. It is the risk you take with any collection.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

OP chose the perfect avatar tho. Kudos.

Because a charity getting money is more important then a fucking virtual pet.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Lol, are you implying that collecting is anything other than easy?
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

Adding it to the BMAH making it appear like once a 6 months on it, still makes an item very rare.
    Giving it away to anyone makes the value drop by a 100%

idc that they are giving away pets, but before you know it they are giving away Spectral Tigers.

You've always been nonsensical but this takes it to the next level. Besides, you've already quit so why do you care?

3+ Year Old Account
    IMO, there should just be a Feat of Strength achievement for anyone who had it before everyone gets it. The collectors get something fairly exclusive, while everyone else gets a free pet. Win-win.

As an aside, Bananas has been basically obtainable since MoP. The Baby Ape pet, which is a wild pet that spawns in Stranglethorn, has the exact same model, and the B/B breed of it has identical stats to Bananas.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    He wants to feel special, don't ruin it for him
    Bleh, feeling special is overrated. Go ahead, ruin it all you can.

I consider myself as a collector. And I hate when items go away after some arbitary time. Happy for bananas to make a comeback for anyone who needs it.
    I mean let's not pretend there was no huge dupe of these pets around MoP where you could buy them for pennies.