Poll: Do you think the Alliance and the Horde can ever forgive each other for past crimes?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    That still doesnt explain the trebuchet and why it moves towards the defenses.
    True. Trebuchet would actually get worse at its job closer it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    True. Trebuchet would actually get worse at its job closer it gets.
    It would also likely make the tower fall down when it fired. A high structure on wheels would never be able to handle the torque of a trebuchet. WoW story runs entirely on Rule of Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Araevin View Post
    It would also likely make the tower fall down when it fired. A high structure on wheels would never be able to handle the torque of a trebuchet. WoW story runs entirely on Rule of Cool.
    I mean, yeah...it's also a high fantasy universe and clearly the physics has never been shooting for realism. Like, very few people have a 25 yd long jump, let alone wearing a full set of plate armour.
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2021-03-09 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    I mean, yeah...it's also a high fantasy universe and clearly the physics has never been shooting for realism. Like, nobody in the real world has a 25 yd lateral jump, let alone wearing a full set of plate armour.
    There is a point when the suspension of disbelief is broken and then it just becomes plain dumb. Like the siege tower being used as an artilery, while at the same time trying to get close to walls as if it was transporting infantry.

There is a point when the suspension of disbelief is broken and then it just becomes plain dumb. Like the siege tower being used as an artilery, while at the same time trying to get close to walls as if it was transporting infantry.
    I get that, but my point is that where you choose to choose to draw that line is kinda arbitrary, no?

I mean, yeah...it's also a high fantasy universe and clearly the physics has never been shooting for realism. Like, very few people have a 25 yd long jump, let alone wearing a full set of plate armour.
    There are myriad of excellent fantasy settings out there that manage to stay high fantasy and still have an internally consistent story.

I get that, but my point is that where you choose to choose to draw that line is kinda arbitrary, no?
    Right back at you. How much are you willing to dismiss as "it works because its fantasy".

Right back at you. How much are you willing to dismiss as "it works because its fantasy".
    There's no need for me to draw a line anywhere. The relevant question for what makes sense in a fictional setting is whether the various elements are internally consistent. The thing with making shit up is that you can be as dumb as you want as long as you're not contradicting the dumb rules of the dumb world you create. There are definitely valid criticisms of WoW on that front, but I'm not sure that the viability or lack thereof of siege techniques is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Araevin View Post
    There are myriad of excellent fantasy settings out there that manage to stay high fantasy and still have an internally consistent story.
    Just seen this, and as above I agree. Where's the breach of internal logic here though? We're comparing stuff in WoW to real siege weaponry which in this context is explicitly an external comparison. I'm not saying it's not stupid. It is. That doesn't necessitate that it's not consistent however.
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2021-03-09 at 01:57 PM.

Sure, the day they rename the entire franchise to Peacecraft.

Of course they can forgive each other, history is full of minor and major conflicts that were later forgiven, some with atrocities worse than what we have in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    Of course they can forgive each other, history is full of minor and major conflicts that were later forgiven, some with atrocities worse than what we have in WoW.
    Some were forgiven.
    The worst however? Never.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    Depending on the degree it takes a long time to do so. Comparable events like Magdeburg's Wedding took hundreds of years to clear out.
    "Magdeburgesieren" is still a Word used in some regions nearly 400 years later to imply some thing was completely wiped out/destroyed.

I really hope they won't, to be honest.
    It will, essentially, erase the relevancy of the faction war from the game and give rise to more characters like Anduin, than say Garrosh and Varian.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    It will, essentially, erase the relevancy of the faction war from the game and give rise to more characters like Anduin, than say Garrosh and Varian.
    If “faction war” will be handled the same way as BfA then i rather have no faction war.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    The more Varians or Garroshes, the better the story becomes. The more Anduins, the worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    The more Varians or Garroshes, the better the story becomes. The more Anduins, the worse.
    Blizz cant write a faction conflict so... They better not try that shit again.

If “faction war” will be handled the same way as BfA then i rather have no faction war.
    And what about MoP?

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Preach.

Blizz cant write a faction conflict so... They better not try that shit again.
    Well... apparently they can. Otherwise, there would be no franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    The Kaldorei taught Druidism to the Horde. They traded wood, gave them territories and saved the life of one of their races (we can say two if we add W3).
    And despite all this the Horde set fire to Teldrazzil, when it had already surrendered and no PC from the Horde seemed to bother in the least this except Barock.

This is how the Horde treats those who try to lend a hand. Imagine how he is going to treat the races that enslaved them.

On the side of the Alliance. Teldrazzil has just started and the Kaldorei live longer than the time of WoW. So not a generation is going to pass before WoW ends.

Peace is not impossible.
    The peace of Anduin and Baien that leaves in peace because it is "good" is what is impossible.
    wtf no that isn't even true. where did you even get this.... Taurens where druids way before night elves ever did lmao.... Same with trolls (except darkspear). Do you know that the wood trade was because thrall seeked that neutrality over survival? Don't you remember grom hellscream destroying Cenarius? That's literally why it happened. Night elves didn't have their military to even defend themselves from a full on horde assault back then... Please don't post lore related stuff if you have no idea about it.

If the Alliance and Horde were real-life entities they would have done so a long long time ago. Or killing each other off to extinction. The average citizen would have risen up by now and kill off the leaders that kept pushing their citizens into stupid wars for personal vendetas.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    If the Alliance and Horde were real-life entities they would have done so a long long time ago. Or killing each other off to extinction. The average citizen would have risen up by now and kill off the leaders that kept pushing their citizens into stupid wars for personal vendetas.
    These are racial hatreds, not individual ones.
    Humans hate the Orcs and vice-versa, Goblins and Gnomes are rivals, Worgen despise the Forsaken, Zandalari resent the Kul Tirans and the Mag'har loathe the Light (bound/forged) Draenei.