10+ Year Old Account
    Does the Ps5 get hot/do you hear the cooler while playing taxing games?

Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    It reach's around 65C under load (perfectly fine for the hardware it has) and the fan randomly every now and then will ramp up for a moment. But 99% of the time its quite.

It is a much more quite system than the PS4/PS4 Pro.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    It's completely silent compared to previous generations. My work laptop makes more noise.

Btw anyone know a good TV to match with the PS5? Thinking 65" size

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    It's completely silent compared to previous generations. My work laptop makes more noise.

Samsung Q80T is good. Can get bright enough to support HDR properly, and isn't an OLED so risk of burn in isn't a significant issue for usage with lots of more permanent visual elements, such as UIs in games.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Samsung Q80T is good. Can get bright enough to support HDR properly, and isn't an OLED so risk of burn in isn't a significant issue for usage with lots of more permanent visual elements, such as UIs in games.

Q80T is a great TV, though might be cost prohibitive. Samsung and LG both have great budget options.

Also, congrats to everyone who got a PS5 from the Target wave today. Finally managed to beat the bots.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

LG CX is what I went with when I got a PS5. It's an OLED, so you should research that before purchase.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/cx-oled

Mine has been LEGENDARY, with a mclassic even the Switch looks incredible on this thing...but you have to dial in the settings specifically for the Switch, and they aren't intuitive, you pretty much have to use reddit, but there is a GREAT reddit post out there on how to set LG OLEDs similar to the actual Switch screen, and it worked wonders on my Switch gaming quality on the OLED. PS5 settings are much more forgiving and intuitive, and if you are into AV you can probably setup the PS5 yourself just using the tv controller and be fine on picture quality. I bought a service remote separately but haven't had any need for it yet.

Unrelated, but as for mclassic on a Switch setup that is seeking perfection...the biggest difference I've noticed is the pixilation in the basic menus on the Switch is....amazingly, almost gone, but I wouldn't use one for any console but the Switch or like a retro gaming console. The difference is much harder to notice during actual gameplay, but I can easily tell the state of my mclassic when I boot up the Switch just due to the pixilation in the menus. I had zero faith this thing would actually work, but work it has imo.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-03-25 at 02:38 PM.

LG CX is definitely the best choice if you can afford it. I recommend rtings.com for more information.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/ps5

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    LG CX is what I went with when I got a PS5. It's an OLED, so you should research that before purchase.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/cx-oled
    If you really want the best TV for the PS5 (and everything, really), and price isn't a huge concern--this is the answer. To his point though--OLEDs have some stigmas about them, particularly around burn-in that are mostly dated thoughts, but worth looking into. I'd also recommend taking a look at HDTVTest on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/hdtvtest/videos for a lot of good insight into this TV (and TVs in general).

I'd probably give a nod to Sony's next gen OLEDs as well (just launched), as they're looking quite good so far (A80J/A90J), but the price premium is nuts.

Worth noting that we're in the transition period to new models (LG C1 replaces LG CX, they're also launching the G1, which is slightly better), so the outgoing models should sell at discounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espo View Post
    If you really want the best TV for the PS5 (and everything, really), and price isn't a huge concern--this is the answer. To his point though--OLEDs have some stigmas about them, particularly around burn-in that are mostly dated thoughts, but worth looking into. I'd also recommend taking a look at HDTVTest on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/hdtvtest/videos for a lot of good insight into this TV (and TVs in general).

I'd probably give a nod to Sony's next gen OLEDs as well (just launched), as they're looking quite good so far (A80J/A90J), but the price premium is nuts.

Worth noting that we're in the transition period to new models (LG C1 replaces LG CX, they're also launching the G1, which is slightly better), so the outgoing models should sell at discounts.
    Risk of burn in is more than just outdated stigmas in cases of regular heavy use of things with static visual elements that remain on screen for long periods of time.

Gaming falls into that group, so does watching sports or keeping news channels on for long periods.

There's definitely merits to OLEDs having the edge in image quality, but one should think through it properly if lots of gaming is in your usage pattern.

10+ Year Old Account

Definitely LG CX or BX if you can find them on a discount, which is not that uncommon. Samsung has a few decent pickings with their Q80 or even less expensive LED counterparts, but the quality/price you get from the LGs is much better in my opinion, also you probably can't use 120hz/4k. if you're really strapped for cash, Vizio has some great alternatives like the M7.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Risk of burn in is more than just outdated stigmas in cases of regular heavy use of things with static visual elements that remain on screen for long periods of time.

Gaming falls into that group, so does watching sports or keeping news channels on for long periods.

There's definitely merits to OLEDs having the edge in image quality, but one should think through it properly if lots of gaming is in your usage pattern.
    I don't disagree that it's a consideration, and is certainly something that can/does still happen. But I do think the risks are a bit overstated and grounded in faults with dated technology (plasmas and early OLEDs). The CX has quite a few features to protect the TV and it takes quite a bit of purposeful punishment to cause burn-in on a defect-free TV nowadays. I fall into a few of those categories (gaming and sports regularly) and have yet to have an issue with any of the OLEDs I've owned (a small sample size--I know).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlP2kwNqXNA
    https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/real...d-burn-in-test

If you're going to play the exact same PS4/PS5 games with heavy static imagery (FIFA, CoDs, etc) for 5-6 hours a day for years, then I'd agree you may want to look elsewhere--unless you're OK replacing your TV every few years. Otherwise, I don't think there's much to worry about.

As long as you watch various content and practice common sense (don't leave the TV on a static image for hours at a time), you shouldn't experience image retention or burn-in with an LG CX. Assuming it's not defective, of course.

Even if you do get burn-in I hear LG is pretty good about replacing panels even without a warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    As long as you watch various content and practice common sense (don't leave the TV on a static image for hours at a time), you shouldn't experience image retention or burn-in with an LG CX. Assuming it's not defective, of course.

Even if you do get burn-in I hear LG is pretty good about replacing panels even without a warranty.
    they're only good if you cause a stink on social media. I called CS and they basically told me to get fucked...made some noise on their facebook page and got my panel replaced for free. My tv was 2 years old at the time(its not a new OLED TV, and is about 5 years old now).

There is a setting on my CX called logo luminescence or something, and I put it on high and it catches most hot areas in the UI I believe, and I don’t know for sure but I believe the screen shifts pixels constantly in a small rotation by sacrificing an irrelevant amount of real estate. IMO the software from lg has came a long way. Still a consideration though.

My only worry about the Sony option was software.

I love games like PS5 demons souls that have dynamic UI. BL3 PS5 has UI luminescence option and I like to think that option is for OLED.

I was SO worried about burn in, but can honestly say after getting my CX, I can never go back. Infinite viewing angles and incredibly rich color. Try Persona 5 Royal on PS5 and bask in the glow of those colors!! It doesn’t get as bright as my other TVs but you are robbing your eyes not playing this in a dark room. The dream is alive with the LGCX. Perfection approaches!
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-03-28 at 12:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a setting on my CX called logo luminescence or something, and I put it on high and it catches most hot areas in the UI I believe, and I don’t know for sure but I believe the screen shifts pixels constantly in a small rotation by sacrificing an irrelevant amount of real estate. IMO the software from lg has came a long way. Still a consideration though.

My only worry about the Sony option was software.

I love games like PS5 demons souls that have dynamic UI. BL3 PS5 has UI luminescence option and I like to think that option is for OLED.

I was SO worried about burn in, but can honestly say after getting my CX, I can never go back. Infinite viewing angles and incredibly rich color. Try Persona 5 Royal on PS5 and bask in the glow of those colors!! It doesn’t get as bright as my other TVs but you are robbing your eyes not playing this in a dark room. The dream is alive with the LGCX. Perfection approaches!
    Logo luminance and screen shift are two different settings on the CX. Screen shift does what you described and logo luminance lowers the brightness of pixels of static images (ui elements) by about 20%.

All in all I’m very happy with the CX. I can actually notice the difference between high res and frame rate mode image quality for Ghost of Tsushima where on my old sharp 4K I didn’t. I also love the impossibly thin panel. I felt like the stand that came with it weighed more than the tv itself

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait to read all the incoming "Disco Elysium blew my fucking mind" posts here. Most of you probably have a PC and may have played it already, but for those who just picked it up on the PS5, you have no freaking idea how jelly I am that you are experiencing it for the first time.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2021-04-02 at 08:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    I can't wait to read all the incoming "Disco Elysium blew my fucking mind" posts here. Most of you probably have a PC and may have already played it already, but for those who just picked it up on the PS5, you have no freaking idea how jelly I am that you are experiencing it for the first time.
    I picked it up and played a bit the night of release. Right at the beginning I encountered a game breaking bug with dialogue after an npc left for her room. I haven’t picked it back up since then because I had to close the game in order to leave the dialogue box. The ps5 subreddit was pretty divided in enjoying it and being frustrated with performance and bug issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    I can't wait to read all the incoming "Disco Elysium blew my fucking mind" posts here. Most of you probably have a PC and may have played it already, but for those who just picked it up on the PS5, you have no freaking idea how jelly I am that you are experiencing it for the first time.
    I think it will end up the same bin as Detroit for me. They look good, I want to play them, but I don't because I always put off games that are heavily story driven. Detroit was one of the first games I downloaded when I got my PS5 too..

- - - Updated - - -

On another note, the Dualsense controller is absolutely amazing when devs use it. I actually played through some of Astro's Playroom just use all the features of the controller.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

15+ Year Old Account
    Why would I play disco elysium when i could play more ys?

Getting to this a bit late, but the game is a masterpiece to me so far.

Like, this is the "must get" co-op game. The last time I had this much of a blast just playing a game and looking forward to playing it more was Super Mario Odyssey probably.

Just got up to the cuckoo clock area with my fiancee for a frame of reference to anyone who's played.