Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Blizzard could end -this- black market almost immediately if they put the chicken, tiger etc. up on their black market. I'll feel bad for buying my Flag of Ownership for $70, but I don't want to spend $1000 for a Feldrake.
    Feldrakes cost a lot more than that, I had 2 loot cards left and I sold them both last year at 2300 a piece and they're even more marked up now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Giving away TcG pet for this charity, i read they are maybe gonna add the dark portal HS (Which is almost worth 1000 euro) for the TBC deluxe edition.
    Like does Blizzard like ruining the prices of items? Or what is the point in bringing back special items that used to be required 1 specific way and now everyone just gets it?
    I too have a special connection to some of my mounts, pets, awesome gear drops ... That connection usually has more to do with how I got them, the story behind it, the grind, the guildies I was with... It usually has a lot more to do with that stuff than the actual thing itself

They may monetize your pets, but they can never take away your memories, and the friends you made along the way .... ( BraveHeart Probably )

yes because you totally worked for it.. stop qqing about pixels in a game that at any moment could cease to exist..

Giving away TcG pet for this charity, i read they are maybe gonna add the dark portal HS (Which is almost worth 1000 euro) for the TBC deluxe edition.
    Like does Blizzard like ruining the prices of items? Or what is the point in bringing back special items that used to be required 1 specific way and now everyone just gets it?
    What TBC deluxe edition?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard made there money when they sold the packs why should they care about people reselling them when they can make more getting people who might not have before sub for them?

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    What TBC deluxe edition?
    There was speculation about what some rewards could be for a deluxe edition. Not confirmed by blizzard, its just OP treating guesses as fact to doomsay.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    He wants to feel special, don't ruin it for him
    This.

/10 char

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    There was speculation about what some rewards could be for a deluxe edition. Not confirmed by blizzard, its just OP treating guesses as fact to doomsay.
    It isn't a guess. It is datamined with strings of "Deluxe" attached to it. https://tbc.wowhead.com/news/datamin...and-toy-321522
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    So we are heading towards a box purchase for tbcc, with one version offering a "free" boost, and a "deluxe" that offers the boost and the mount?

Are we thinking there will be no sub only version? Personally, I think it would be a very poor decision to force a box price for a "base edition" with the sub on top.

I am ok with the boost, and a version with the boost and the mount, but I think the base version should NOT have a cost other than the sub. For the health of the game, I personally wouldn't care either way, but I suspect MANY would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

I'd rather everyone have fun with a toy than one person get some greedy value out of something rare...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because of this thread, I have claimed my free monkey.
    I'm a crazy taco.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjan View Post
    Lol, are you implying that collecting is anything other than easy?
    Collecting all achievements is harder then Cutting edge every raid + Gladiator every season + key master every season combined... mostly because you have to do all of them + more in order to collect all achievements

It’s for a charity at lest.

Some of these TCG items are past their "Exclusive to only the TCG" expiration date if you ask me. As such, they need made available for events and store purchase, it's been damn near 15 years, if you've not sold those codes by now, then that's on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Feldrakes cost a lot more than that, I had 2 loot cards left and I sold them both last year at 2300 a piece and they're even more marked up now.
    Jeez. I should have invested in those stonks back in 2010.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is a great move, and i am someone who has several of the old TCG items (battle bear, weather machine, turtle mount etc). Here is the thing about the TCG codes, Blizzard literally doesn't care if random hoarder or flipper loses value of these items. They made their buck off the card, and don't produce these anymore. So in there eyes they have largely unused assets that presently have zero value for themselves, so they can release them again and generate new value. Smart work on their part.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Blizzard doesn't care about the real world value of items. Why would they? They didn't make them as investment opportunities.

If you spent $1000 on an in-game pet or whatever then clearly you didn't care about the money, so you have no reason to be upset that it's gone. And if you paid $1000 on an in-game pet hoping to sell it later for a profit then you're a complete idiot.

Hopefully more TCG items make an appearance in the future.

Testing the waters to continue doing it.

I have every TCG mount sans the shorestrider and the BBB, but I wouldn't mind it if they made them available again through lofty goals. They should bring back all mounts that were removed arbitrarily imo, and make them available through more constructive means than as rare pops on the BMAH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, those TCG items have no value for Blizzard anymore. They are on the open market and squeezed by hoarders and players who have saved it for a long time. It is stupid to remove the options for gaining them other than the Black Market which is still, very limited of TCG items. It is assets in the system that could be used for furthering of business - in the end, profit. There is no profit in TCG items on the current market.

As for Bananas, it makes sense to use something rare and exclusive for a charity reward. And even then, it is limited till the 1st of August where it disappears again.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Because players put the value on those items not blizzard themselves blizzard doesn't give a shit they don't get resale value from it. This is how you kill the aftermarket / black market for those items