Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    What does any of that have to do with this? Keep trying though. You seem to be the one getting all worked up.
    Perfect non answer Mr Knight.

Your bonus will be arriving shortly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Well then why didnt they pass me onto bungie support staff when I applied instead of just declining it?
    they did.
    when you contact them about a different companies purchase, it sends you to their staff, or if they have a "we all use the same support staff" then it goes to THEIR refund policies.

For example steam itself has refund policies, but when you try to refund games, it will sometimes tell you "sorry we cant refund this, the game has a different refund policy then our own"
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

15+ Year Old Account
    Well then why didnt they pass me onto bungie support staff when I applied instead of just declining it?
    Because it was a partnership? The same reason why Destiny is on Steam currently and refunds go through Steam rather then Bungie. Is the concept of a digital store front unknown to you?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Its impressive watching Felplague shill in both this thread and in the official thread over this blatantly pointless and ragingly anti-consumer change.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    they did.
    when you contact them about a different companies purchase, it sends you to their staff, or if they have a "we all use the same support staff" then it goes to THEIR refund policies.

For example steam itself has refund policies, but when you try to refund games, it will sometimes tell you "sorry we cant refund this, the game has a different refund policy then our own"
    No they didnt. I didnt even get a human, just automated responses. They called the cops on me and I was so pissed off I stopping using their products for nearly 2 years

15+ Year Old Account
    No they didnt. They called the cops on me and I was so pissed off I stopping using their products for nearly 2 years
    Wow. It takes a lot for a online company to call the cops over a refund request. Are you really that toxic that stuff like that actually happens to you?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    But why? If you want just a month or longer you can sub and then unsub so what’s the point of making the one time purchase limited?
    Most likely because they have seen too many people subbing for just a month then unsubbing until the next patch. With this new method, they can at least get 2 months out of people that do that over just 1.

Dude it's in the bnet launcher and the refund request was dealt with under blizz but sure. You're an idiot white Knight Im not interested in your best ever experiences I'll stick with mine in 2021. This game is being designed to milk whales. Nothing more
    It's not anymore. Bungie owns the right to Destiny. They publish it by themselves now.

Bungie terminated its publishing deal with Activision in 2019, after eight years; as per their agreement, Bungie retained all rights to Destiny and will self-publish future installments and expansions. This included transitioning Destiny 2 from using Activision's Battle.net to Steam. Bungie's communications director David Dague dispelled ideas that Activision was a "prohibitive overlord" that limited Bungie's creative control, and instead stated that both companies amicably split due to different ideas of where the Destiny franchise should head.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Because it was a partnership? The same reason why Destiny is on Steam currently and refunds go through Steam rather then Bungie. Is the concept of a digital store front unknown to you?
    Hey im the customer, if im in the wrong section, they should tell me where to find the correct section. Not just automated non answers.

7+ Year Old Account
    No they didnt. I didnt even get a human, just automated responses. They called the cops on me and I was so pissed off I stopping using their products for nearly 2 years
    1. you usually get automated responses if they can so you dont have to wait
    2. you fucking threatened scuicide, of course they were gunna call the cops my dude.
    3. i somewhat doubt they called the cops on you but eh whatever, companies will do that if you say that kinda stuff to them, cause if they dont they risk liable.

Seems like a way to increase the sub slightly. I can't say this effects me but im in the rather unique position of earning gold though selling carries ( something I enjoy doing ontop of).

Still its a bizarre change I wonder if they are going to retire the free store mount program with this change or somehow reduce it to 2 months of game time?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Most likely because they have seen too many people subbing for just a month then unsubbing until the next patch. With this new method, they can at least get 2 months out of people that do that over just 1.
    except people can still sub for 1 month, then unsub.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Lighter View Post
    Seems like a way to increase the sub slightly. I can't say this effects me but im in the rather unique position of earning gold though selling carries ( something I enjoy doing ontop of).

Still its a bizarre I wonder if they are going to retire the free store mount program with this change or somehow reduce it to 2 months of game time?
    the store mount thing works on subs, not game time, and subs are untouched by this change, you can still buy 1 month 3 months and 6 month sub time, just game time is limited to 2.

Wow. It takes a lot for a online company to call the cops over a refund request. Are you really that toxic that stuff like that actually happens to you?
    Well it was auto mated responses and I was silly and said I'd have more luck shooting myself than getting an answer out of you lot, And that caused armed police to turn up. It was silly of course but I didnt expect armed police to turn up over a trivial issue. Corporations are great!

15+ Year Old Account
    the store mount thing works on subs, not game time, and subs are untouched by this change, you can still buy 1 month 3 months and 6 month sub time, just game time is limited to 2.
    It works on either as long as you had a subscription active at time of purchase (or time of 6-month gift). Your subscription can be technically expired but prolonged with game time and it will still count for the promotional mounts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well it was auto mated responses and I was silly and said I'd have more luck shooting myself than getting an answer out of you lot, And that caused armed police to turn up. It was silly of course but I didnt expect armed police to turn up over a trivial issue. Corporations are great!
    Suicide is not a trivial issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Suicide even as a joke is not something that is trivial. The police showed up because you said something dumb that you didn't mean. Blizzard, the police, or anyone else has no way of knowing if you were serious or faking it for attention or to manipulate them into giving you what you want.

Suicide is not a trivial issue.
    I wasnt threatening suicide, I was making a lame comment at their lame robot answers.

I didnt even think a human would put eyes on it

except people can still sub for 1 month, then unsub.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright. Well this seems a rather pointless change then if it hasn't effected subs. Can't you still get a sub then instantly cancel it? I can't really understand why change game time purchases like this then.

Suicide even as a joke is not something that is trivial. The police showed up because you said something dumb that you didn't mean. Blizzard, the police, or anyone else has no way of knowing if you were serious or faking it for attention or to manipulate them into giving you what you want.
    Yeah I havent done it again, but a phonecall asking after my well being would have been a better first step than calling in the legal murder force team.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wasnt threatening suicide, I was making a lame comment at their lame robot answers.

I didnt even think a human would put eyes on it
    A human always puts eyes on those, usually they just send a copy/paste instead of typing a custom message when they dont need to.

and you did threaten suicide, you have to realize if you threaten suicide to a company and they don't do squat, and you murder your family then yourself, they could be in a shit load of trouble for not contacting the authorities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Lighter View Post
    Alright. Well this seems a rather pointless change then if it hasn't effected subs. Can't you still get a sub then instantly cancel it? I can't really understand why change game time purchases like this then.
    yes you can, this just removes the cheesing that people were doing with wow tokens.