Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Just straight bad idea.

Would do more harm than good.

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Not dying as a tank is your role. If you have to kite to not die then that is part of your role. This is an intended mechanic and the game would be a whole lot more boring if it returned to the "Get Def Cap then press Shield Block every 6 seconds or die to a crushing" meta that existed in Classic/TBC.
    Just watch recent Limit GM video about tanking situation. Tank has to know when to kite, but it sucks dick. Tanking currently is probably the most unfun it has been for the last 4 expansions. (M+). Progression tanking is fun, but after that, it just is not interesting. No one cares if you can mitigate one more stack from the boss. Doing big ass pulls and pushing damage meters while doing cc and not getting killed at the same time is fun. Running from two packs because they can whoop your ass out in +18 just sucks

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    I mean just pvp, the part of the game no one cares about? k continue
    [Citation needed]
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    So you don't PvP and you don't do M+ (the two things this would affect) so I'm not understanding how this proposed change would affect you given those are the two places, outside of soloing stuff as a squishy dps like a mage or warlock or priest, would happen.
    Are you suggesting that running fatigue which I'm assuming you mean I'll be moving slower than I normally move wouldn't affect people outside of those two places?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    This doesn't happen in other MMOs with sprint/sta/dodge functions.

In these MMOs the melee/ranged balance dynamic continues to be one about fundamentals first, with the stamina gauge if anything introducing equal tech that is simply useful in different ways to different roles.

In these MMOs, it's commonly just another way to juke, while also minimizing time not casting with proper use of the meter.
    Yeah and in those they also don't have as many ridiculous ways to stop a caster from casting. Having to fake cast alone is literally taxing enough.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Just watch recent Limit GM video about tanking situation. Tank has to know when to kite, but it sucks dick. Tanking currently is probably the most unfun it has been for the last 4 expansions. (M+). Progression tanking is fun, but after that, it just is not interesting. No one cares if you can mitigate one more stack from the boss. Doing big ass pulls and pushing damage meters while doing cc and not getting killed at the same time is fun. Running from two packs because they can whoop your ass out in +18 just sucks
    I agree tanking is miserable, but tanking always sucks at the beginning of the expansion. Kiting on-level mobs is a drag. It's fine for necrotic week because that's the entire point of necrotic, but I signed up to tank mobs, not run away from them. However, M+ has always been about kiting at the high end. It seems to me like Blizzard forgot they removed warforging and failed to balance around that fact.

Running fatigue is one of the universally worst game mechanics ever introduced in the history
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

I think that's probably (one of the) worst suggestions I have seen for this game, simply because it asks in effect to change the whole combat system of the game and base it on a concept that I have seen absolutely no-one liking in any MMO that I have ever played (and they are plenty). And if you think that this is simply a case of "a little bit of running fatigue with a little it of X to balance it and we are golden", then you really need to think things through in terms of the whole game and player experience in general

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    Kiting is part of the game and should always be part of the game. There are no skillshots in WoW where small skilled movements let you dodge enemy attacks. You either face tank an enemy or you kite. If you remove kiting, it will devolve into face tanking everything, which is boring.

Kiting is a tool that separates the good player from the bad one. That’s why the bad players complain about it so much.
    best answer here
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Kiting is part of the game and should always be part of the game. There are no skillshots in WoW where small skilled movements let you dodge enemy attacks. You either face tank an enemy or you kite. If you remove kiting, it will devolve into face tanking everything, which is boring.

Kiting is a tool that separates the good player from the bad one. That’s why the bad players complain about it so much.
    Sure, first bring the mobility toolkit of all the tank specs up to DH levels then we can talk. Until then your metric of skill is quite debatable as not all tank specs can kite equally well.

Quote Originally Posted by Difuid View Post
    Sure, first bring the mobility toolkit of all the tank specs up to DH levels then we can talk. Until then your metric of skill is quite debatable as not all tank specs can kite equally well.
    Or just make use of what you have and stop whining

5+ Year Old Account
    Or just make use of what you have and stop whining
    It doesn't change the fact that kiting on a Veng DH is much, MUCH easier than on e.g. Prot warr.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

this wouldnt solve any problems

5+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I can't imagine myself running out of breath as a caster. Most of the time all I do is running. Imagine sudden slow down during a raid boss fight just because you have been running trying to dodge stuff. Imagine running out of fatigue during the Denathrius fight. I think that would be way too much!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vicour View Post
    Sure. While your at it, give melee the same fatigue so that they can't endlessly swing their weapons around.
    Calm down satan!
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)