Thread: Genshin Impact

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Went into this banner needing Venti and Razor. Received 2 Noelle, 2 Sucrose and 3 4*weapons so far.

Disappointed with todays pro ballad challenge, completed it in 5 minutes. Seemed on the difficulty level of the hard modes so far.
    In next 3 days you gona rage. But not due to music one.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Today is the first day I've gotten 4 5 star artifacts from a dungeon. They are all garbage but nice to know you can get more than 2.

They really need to do a monster mats event :/
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2021-03-25 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Actually, Geo doesn't mess up any reactions at all because it doesn't consume the element. You can get like 2-3 crystals or something like that out of every debuff. That means the debuff will remain 6 seconds on the enemy before Zhongli would fully consume it.
    His Energy recharge is weak but that's not really a problem for me. Most of my teams have more than enough energy and cooldown is the problem.
    Are you sure? You can only have 2 elements on a target so it doesn't matter if Geo doesn't consume the primer element.

So let's say you have your Water/Ice aura up, your fire main out and a Geo Pillar. Your Aura is applied and then a Geo tick comes out and you now have Water/Ice and Geo on the target so you get a shield orb, then Fire gets applied and you have Geo and Fire on the target and another shield orb proc.

That's my understanding anyway. I have C2 Zhong for my sins so I'd love to include him in more of my comps so I am very happy for you to demonstrate otherwise as to how Geo doesn't fuck with good reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Are you sure? You can only have 2 elements on a target so it doesn't matter if Geo doesn't consume the primer element.

So let's say you have your Water/Ice aura up, your fire main out and a Geo Pillar. Your Aura is applied and then a Geo tick comes out and you now have Water/Ice and Geo on the target so you get a shield orb, then Fire gets applied and you have Geo and Fire on the target and another shield orb proc.

That's my understanding anyway. I have C2 Zhong for my sins so I'd love to include him in more of my comps so I am very happy for you to demonstrate otherwise as to how Geo doesn't fuck with good reactions.
    Geo isn't an element that actually gets applied so to speak. It just interacts with the element that's applied already.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Geo isn't an element that actually gets applied so to speak. It just interacts with the element that's applied already.
    But you can clearly see on the UI that it takes up a debuff slot. I know that Geo and Ameno aren't like the other elements but unless you can actually have 3 elements on a target then in the example I posted you should end up with Water/Ice>Geo>Fire whereby Geo is working as a spoiler reaction even if it isn't burning though your elemental gauges.

Geo is not an issue. It pops up as a fading debuff and disappears right after the crystalize reaction.
    It works like Anemo, it's never the "passive" element. It's always the trigger element.
    And since elemental reactions don't have a cooldown (unless they are applied from the same skill), it doesn't matter if it shows up, because as mentioned earlier. It's never the passive part thus gets "ignored" when you have Fire+(fading)Geo debuff on the enemy and add Water to it.

It's basically the same thing with Fire and Ice
    If a 100% Fire gauge is on the enemy, and you add ice, for a short amount of time, both elements show up, but that doesn't mean anything. Ice is instantly consumed and if you add water to it, you vape and won't freeze.

The only time Geo can mess things up is when the elemental "gauge" is so low, that the crystalize fully consumes whatever was left from the primary debuff. That can happen, but is relatively rare if you play with proper aura-characters like Fischl/Ganyu/Xinqiu/Beidou etc.
    Considering that Zhongli's resonance is on a 2s timer, it won't really happen that much either way.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-03-25 at 09:53 PM.

Geo is not an issue. It pops up as a fading debuff and disappears right after the crystalize reaction.
    It works like Anemo, it's never the "passive" element. It's always the trigger element.
    And since elemental reactions don't have a cooldown, it doesn't matter if it shows up, because as mentioned earlier. It's never the passive part thus gets "ignored" when you have Fire+(fading)Geo debuff on the enemy and add Water to it.

It's basically the same thing with Fire and Ice
    If Fire is on the enemy, and you add ice, for a short amount of time, both elements show up, but that doesn't mean anything. Ice is instantly consumed and if you add water to it, you vape and not freeze.
    Don't abilities have ICD's though? So can you trigger multiple reactions with one ability? Thank you for your patience so far in this discussion.

Each individual ability has it's own ICD, if that's what you mean.
    But since Geo is the trigger, the ICD for crystalize is always on the Geo skill. Never on any of the others involved in that reaction.

At least that's what I've seen, tested and read so far.
    It's really difficult to properly test that however.
    Only some abilities are actually affected by it, like Xinqiu's E for example or Keqings Ultimate (basically, everything with multiple hits)

And of course, normal/charged attacks.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-03-25 at 09:59 PM.

Each individual ability has it's own ICD, if that's what you mean.
    Yeah, so can one ability trigger multiple types of reactions? I was assuming they couldn't hence why I figured Geo was a spoiler.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Yeah, so can one ability trigger multiple types of reactions? I was assuming they couldn't hence why I figured Geo was a spoiler.
    The ability triggering the Geo reaction is always the Geo skill (because it doesn't leave a debuff on the enemy). And the ICD is always on the skill triggering the reaction.
    That means it doesn't matter which skill applied the debuff beforehand as it's not taken into account for the elemental reaction.

You can test this with Ninguang for example.
    Her skills and attacks don't leave an elemental debuff on the enemy.
    Unlike Klee, who leaves one with every single attack of hers.

The ability triggering the Geo reaction is always the Geo skill (because it doesn't leave a debuff on the enemy). And the ICD is always on the skill triggering the reaction.
    That means it doesn't matter which skill applied the debuff beforehand as it's not taken into account for the elemental reaction.

You can test this with Ninguang for example.
    Her skills and attacks don't leave an elemental debuff on the enemy.
    Unlike Klee, who leaves one with every single attack of hers.
    Right brilliant, thank you for going through this with me. So in my example what's actually happening is:
    Water/Ice aura>Geo trigger (ICD pillar)>Vape/Melt >Elements consumed.

Will have a look at what I want to tweak. Really want Zhong Li in my Ganyu set up but have been hesitant because of my misunderstanding of this issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.hoyolab.com/genshin/article/267837

Lol they want free advertising.

Overloaded > vape/melt for domains/abyss?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Overloaded > vape/melt for domains/abyss?
    Eh? What are you even talking about?

Overloaded is just a static amount of damage that can break shields. Vape/melt is a dmg multiplier. Vape/melt is better in almost every situation where you can get those reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    https://www.hoyolab.com/genshin/article/267837

Lol they want free advertising.
    They litterally mention in that post that they will give out primogems. Which in turn makes it not free advertising. The people signing up for those positions do so for a commodity they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    Eh? What are you even talking about?

Overloaded is just a static amount of damage that can break shields. Vape/melt is a dmg multiplier. Vape/melt is better in almost every situation where you can get those reactions.

They litterally mention in that post that they will give out primogems. Which in turn makes it not free advertising. The people signing up for those positions do so for a commodity they want.
    But it costs 0$ to make primogems.

I seen some streamer getting like 10k of those a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    But it costs 0$ to make primogems.

I seen some streamer getting like 10k of those a while ago.
    It is a commodity that MHY sells and the customers buy. Since it is a commodity the consumers have placed a value on it is by definition not free and can be used as a form of payment if both parties accept to the condition.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do we know if the hangouts are going away after the patch? I dont want to do them, but i dont want to miss them either

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Do we know if the hangouts are going away after the patch? I dont want to do them, but i dont want to miss them either
    I'm pretty sure they are a permanent addition to the game. They're like an alternative version of character story quests, which is why they also cost those purple keys you get from commissions.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

I tried to do Floor 12 Abyss for the first time today.
    I would love to see your guys comps for this.
    Face tanked a lot...some character died...but Geo saved the day.

Last edited by Big Thanks; 2021-03-26 at 06:26 PM.

Using Chongyun for crimson witch domain is making me realize i REAAAALLLYY need a frost dps, hope there will be a Ganyu rerun as Eula seems to be several months away
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©