Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Do you have a bank account? if so you can use a paypal account, so you dont need a credit card.
    Also you do know credit cards are literally free right?
    and as long as you make sure you put money on it you dont lose anything by having one.
    actually you make money by activly using a credit card properly as you gain credit score.
    Wow. Trying to push credit cards on people to justify blizzards actions.

"Credit cards are free you know" That is straight disgusting Fel.

even by the usual low MMO-C standards this thread is breathtakingly bad

Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    Ok so they want to force me to change my purchase model to subscription even though I don't have a CC. This is shameless. I have always bought 6 months GT ever since they released that. and they upped the prices about 100% in a year for us brazilians!!!!!

on feb 2020 I bought 6 months for R$129,90 (brazilian reals)
    on dec 2020 I bought another for R$163.00
    And now with this change the equivalent 6 months will cost me R$252.00

GO FUCK YOURSELF BLIZZ. YOU GREEDY BASTARDS. I DONT FUCKING HAVE A CC AND YOU BET I AINT BUYING ONE FOR YOUR SAKE.
    Why would the same amount of gametime cost you twice as much? Unless I've not understood what Blizz has done here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Wow. Trying to push credit cards on people to justify blizzards actions.

"Credit cards are free you know" That is straight disgusting Fel.
    How is it disgusting?
    They are literally free my dude
    Just make sure you pay the money you owe, if you spend 15 dollars pay the 15 dollars to the card and its literally free.
    do you not know how credit cards work?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Why would the same amount of gametime cost you twice as much? Unless I've not understood what Blizz has done here.
    There were discounts for buying the 3 month or 6 month game time option, just like there are for the 3 and 6 month subscription options. There is no discount for the 60 day game time.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also you do know credit cards are literally free right?
    and as long as you make sure you put money on it you dont lose anything by having one.
    actually you make money by activly using a credit card properly as you gain credit score.
    Pretty much all of these is wrong. Some credit cards charge a fee though in North America that is relatively rare now a days. You don't need to put money on a credit card for it to work. You can but that usually defeats the purpose of a credit card as they work based on credit limits and not what you put on them. You also don't make money from a credit score. Your credit score is just what banks use to determine how trust worthy you are for having money lent to you.

You can make money from credit cards by making use of sign up bonuses and rewards and then closing out the account after wards. You should probably refrain from commenting further though since your responses show you have little idea how they actually work. This is also of course different for different countries.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Pretty much all of these is wrong. Some credit cards charge a fee though in North America that is relatively rare now a days. You don't need to put money on a credit card for it to work. You can but that usually defeats the purpose of a credit card as they work based on credit limits and not what you put on them. You also don't make money from a credit score. Your credit score is just what banks use to determine how trust worthy you are for having money lent to you.

You can make money from credit cards by making use of sign up bonuses and rewards and then closing out the account after wards. You should probably refrain from commenting further though since your responses show you have little idea how they actually work. This is also of course different for different countries.
    I was being short on my description, i was not going to detail all of it.

As you said "some credit cards charge a fee, although that is rare these days" so how is that a point?

yes you dont need to put money on a cart, but when you spend money on it, you need to make sure to pay back what you spent, you always wanna stay at 0 you dont wanna go negative, you could spend 1000$ and not pay it back, but thats how you go into debt intrest, so you pay back whatever you spend, as i said "make sure you put money back on it"

And yes some could see that as making money, as it makes banks more willing to be lenient with you, lax with you, and provide better offers if you have a better credit score, sometimes even lowering your banking fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    There were discounts for buying the 3 month or 6 month game time option, just like there are for the 3 and 6 month subscription options. There is no discount for the 60 day game time.
    Ah, right. Yeah that's shite. Many types of software companies are pushing for subscription options now as it provides a more stable and predictable income, and this is just Blizzard doing the same to the gametime buyers. I don't like it at all, it seems completely unnecessary from the consumer point of view.

10+ Year Old Account

As you said "some credit cards charge a fee, although that is rare these days" so how is that a point?

yes you dont need to put money on a cart, but when you spend money on it, you need to make sure to pay back what you spent, you always wanna stay at 0 you dont wanna go negative, you could spend 1000$ and not pay it back, but thats how you go into debt intrest, so you pay back whatever you spend, as i said "make sure you put money back on it"

And yes some could see that as making money, as it makes banks more willing to be lenient with you, lax with you, and provide better offers if you have a better credit score, sometimes even lowering your banking fees.
    You do know that this credit score stuff is not really that much of a thing outside of the NA area?

How is it disgusting?
    Just make sure you pay the money you owe, if you spend 15 dollars pay the 15 dollars to the card and its literally free.
    Maybe he has addiction issues and doesnt want a damn credit card for a video game?

Oh right everyone is supposed to be 100% perfect and its their fault, and businesses should be free to exploit their stupid customers as much as they like right?

Please....try out some empathy for your fellow man like you do for activision shareholders.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can be short while also being accurate. Lol. Of course you have to pay back what you spend that is the entire point of Credit. Someone gives you a loan that you pay back. Negative on a credit card is putting money on the card so your balance gets paid off automatically as you spend it. If you don't want to pay interest you need to carry a zero balance each month or have other interest reducing perks on the card.

You don't "put money back on it". You pay off the balance. A credit report or score doesn't make you money. No if's ands or buts. A person with a better score gets better offers or perks because the banks do not see you as a liability but that isn't "making money" from your score. Like I said you shouldn't keep commenting on things you don't really know anything about. Or even worse don't know how to properly word it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    You do know that this credit score stuff is not really that much of a thing outside of the NA area?
    True i guess you make a good point.

Either way you can still use paypal, or just... get a credit card and make sure you take your normal precausions, make sure to pay back what you spend.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    They changed bnet balance to more accurately reflect the local currency like 2 or so years ago

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe he has addiction issues and doesnt want a damn credit card for a video game?

Oh right everyone is supposed to be 100% perfect and its their fault, and businesses should be free to exploit their stupid customers as much as they like right?

Please....try out some empathy for your fellow man like you do for activision shareholders.
    ... What? So you are bringing in fake factors saying hes an addict. coolio.

How is it disgusting?
    Credit cards don't work the same everywhere in the world.
    The world does not end at the US's borders and the person your talking to specifically mentioned they don't come from the US.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Seriously.

Can we get a giant, bold, FUCKING RAINBOW COLORED thing saying

THIS ONLY APPLIES TO GAME CARDS BOUGHT THROUGH THE BLIZZARD STORE. IT DOES NOT AFFECT SUBSCRIPTIONS AT ALL

Thank you.
    Quoting myself because its still not on the main post
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Quoting myself because its still not on the main post
    Yeah now you need to sub and then cancel the sub instead of just buying game time.

Like why make the needless anti-consumer steps in the first place if its no big deal.

- - - Updated - - -

... What? So you are bringing in fake factors saying hes an addict. coolio.
    Yeah theres no WAY someone playing WoW in 2021 could suffer from addiction.

Impossible.

I knew that would be your answer thats why I said have some empathy for once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah theres no WAY someone playing WoW in 2021 could suffer from addiction.

Impossible.

I knew that would be your answer thats why I said have some empathy for once.
    Randomly imagining problems that other people can have is not empathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    Randomly imagining problems that other people can have is not empathy.
    Saying someone should get a credit card for a video game with no idea of what their life is like is so much better right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saying someone should get a credit card for a video game with no idea of what their life is like is so much better right.
    I already said to Fel that this Credit thing is not a good idea...but your reasoning is even more off the rails.