Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    For fucks sake... What is wrong with these people?
    Trump had two rape allegations (one of which he is in court for) and what 20 something sexual assaults he felt the need to protect other rapists. The fact that he endorsed and campaigned for racist pedophile Roy Moore shows you where the GOP is at right now. If a republican wins the white house again these people are going to turn this country into a dictatorship to retain power.

.Mississippi GOP senator defends proposed legislation that limits Sunday voting, says it's wrong to vote on Sunday for religious reasons https://t.co/Ox1WMJkduL
    https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1...480936960?s=19

Let me count the ways.

First likely to be a violation of the First Amendment with Freedom of Religion and Church and State. Not everyone worships on Sunday, but they are hypocrites. Plus, again forcing religion on people.

Second, stores and everyday is open on Sunday. If Sunday is that holy, keep your ass at home.

Just amazed how blatant these voter suppression laws.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Where would American journalism be—heck, where would America *democracy* be—without brave reporters asking Biden questions like whether he thinks Trump will run in 2024?
    Yeah, that wasn't really necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    "it's wrong to vote on Sunday for religious reasons"
    It's wrong to vote for idiots for education reasons.

As bad as the voting restrictions are, the part that bothers me the most is all the changes they want to do to the board of elections.

It would allow for unlimited challenges to voter registrations and eligibility, and grant state officials broad rights, including the ability to replace local election officials. It would also shorten the runoff cycle from the current nine weeks to just four weeks and remove the elected secretary of state as chair of the state election board.
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/25/polit...utm_term=image

Need them to push through the HR1 and S1 bills through and fast to prevent this stuff. It is almost like these traitors are TRYING to provoke a violent reaction from their voters.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yeah, that wasn't really necessary.
    Lots add lots of border questions. Like there's a lot more happening out there. But GOP pushing “crisis” storyline and media embraces it.

I’ve said it before. Every Beltway news cycle starts with the same premise; <What’s GOP angry about today?/> <repeat/>

It's sad when Jennifer Rubin, who used to be the GOP voice on the WaPost opinion pages, has to be the one to say that the press failed to ask useful questions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Need them to push through the HR1 and S1 bills through and fast to prevent this stuff. It is almost like these traitors are TRYING to provoke a violent reaction from their voters.
    Pretty sure that threshold has already been crossed.

I'd love to see Fox News kicked out of the WH. They labeled themselves as entertainment after all, and not news. Rub it in all over their faces.

"We don't have time for hobbyists and pretenders. WH is for real news outlets. Come back when you are ready to take this more seriously".

Or something like that.
    I hope they kick out OANN, and other bullshit that Trump allowed.

Um...no? I mean, fuck OAN/Fox and shit but like, kicking them out would not only look terrible, but that'd actually be terrible. Let them show up. Let them ask the occasional stupid question and humiliate them, respectfully, in response.

More aggressive tactics are needed on some fronts, but this ain't one you fuck around on.

And given the apparent "quality" of questions asked today, it doesn't seem like other media are doing much of a better job of it. They still seem very used to operating in "Trump-mode".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    I hope they kick out OANN, and other bullshit that Trump allowed.
    OANN is still there? Now they are definitely the first to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

OANN is still there? Now they are definitely the first to go.
    Not sure to be honest. I know the Whitehouse press corp threw them out, but during Trump's tenure as president, if you can call it that, Chanel Rion, was forced to be allowed in there, but she couldn't sit with the rest of the actual journalists in the room because the dumb bitch wouldn't wear a mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Um...no? I mean, fuck OAN/Fox and shit but like, kicking them out would not only look terrible, but that'd actually be terrible. Let them show up. Let them ask the occasional stupid question and humiliate them, respectfully, in response.

More aggressive tactics are needed on some fronts, but this ain't one you fuck around on.

And given the apparent "quality" of questions asked today, it doesn't seem like other media are doing much of a better job of it. They still seem very used to operating in "Trump-mode".
    Oann specifically should be kicked out... why not? Not "everyone" just gets in, why should they?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Oann specifically should be kicked out... why not? Not "everyone" just gets in, why should they?
    Do you really want the Biden administration to start by kicking out OAN, making journalists grit their teeth and circle around them because the precedent of the White House kicking out media they don't like, even if they're absolute garbage, is a dangerous one?

Do you really want the Biden administration to start by kicking out OAN, making journalists grit their teeth and circle around them because the precedent of the White House kicking out media they don't like, even if they're absolute garbage, is a dangerous one?
    I don't think journalists would grit their teeth and circle around OANN.... especially when we've already seen journalists big and small talk about how ridiculous it is to have OANN there to begin with.

It's like a half-step above having fucking Alex Jones in the room.

I wouldn’t throw out journalists. I would require them to show which news agency they are representing and put real news sources at the front while then entertainment would be in the back.

I would also ask Biden to actually hold them accountable with their crap. If they keep bringing up lies and debunked crap, call them out for giving that lie air and why aren’t they asking real journalist questions.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It's like a half-step above having fucking Alex Jones in the room.
    Just a reminder... Trump was interviewed by Alex Jones and even Tim Pool had a personal invite to the White House.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    OANN were already banned from being there. The only reason they were there the last 4 years is Trump let them in.
    They were banned by the Whitehouse Press Association, yes, because that dumb bitch Chanel Rion, wouldn't wear a mask. But the Trump Whitehouse forced them to be let back in, because she was one of the ones trying to get the election overturned, and trying to find fake damning evidence about Biden with Rudy Guiliani in Ukraine.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Trump's press secretary went on FOX News to talk about Infrastructure week.

Speaking on Fox News Sunday, Psaki was questioned by host Chris Wallace on whether infrastructure reform would...
    Uh...hold on a minute...

(flips back and forth between open tabs)

Holy shit, that's Biden's press secretary! On FOX News! Talking about infrastructure! Weren't any Nazis carrying torches, either!

Speaking on Fox News Sunday, Psaki was questioned by host Chris Wallace on whether infrastructure reform would be handled in one or two bills introduced by congressional Democrats.

"Two separate proposals, and we'll work with the Senate and House to see how it should move forward," she answered.

The first proposal will likely address physical infrastructure such as roads, bridges and efforts to expand rural broadband access, according to the press secretary, while a separate bill unveiled in April will cover issues such as child care and health care.

News that the push will be split up into two pieces of legislation comes just days after a source close to the White House revealed to The Hill that the price tag for Democrats' next legislative push would be $3 trillion, and would be a wide-ranging effort aimed at funding a host of domestic programs such as community college tuition, health care subsidies, pre-K programs and more.

Democrats have discussed a range of ways to fund the expansive legislation, including increasing the corporate tax rate as well as higher taxes on the wealthiest Americans.

"President Biden and his team are considering a range of potential options for how to invest in working families and reform our tax code so it rewards work, not wealth,” Psaki said of the planned legislation early last week. “Those conversations are ongoing, so any speculation about future economic proposals is premature and not a reflection of the White House's thinking.”
    Just a reminder: Trump campaigned and ran on the promise of infrastructure. You can see it right here on the Contract with the American Voter. Twice. He said he'd have it in the first 100 days.

He didn't. Seven months later, Aug 2017, Infrastructure Week was interrupted by literal torch-carrying Nazis, one of whom murdered a human being (see also the "run over protestors" thread if you're wondering if we've learned anything). The idea, once shoved to the background, was never fully re-introduced.

Rather than go back into a five-page rant, I'll just link Trump's infrastructure plan in ruins after wrecking ball of neo-Nazi comments and Trump scraps plan for infrastructure council after 2 other panels dissolve. That second one is dated Aug 2017, just so we're clear. I would say "Trump never signed an infrastructure bill" but he did sign this one, a $6 billion water one. Near as I can tell, it's primary purpose was to force water companies to write a letter saying they had a plan.

Biden made no such promise, but is already five months ahead of Trump's schedule. We're about to find out if Republicans really want infrastructure, or were just kidding when they backed Trump in every way except sometimes Nazis.

10+ Year Old Account
    A year ago today... Yang endorsed Biden. Funny how the Child Credits have put us closer to UBI much ffaster than most people thought a year ago..

Those comments though.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    A year ago today... Yang endorsed Biden. Funny how the Child Credits have put us closer to UBI much ffaster than most people thought a year ago..

Those comments though.
    Too bad the child credits expire.