Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Your last post made it seem so.
    Okay so knowing things = invested, okay. This is all information that is readily available in the game, you get it as part of the main questlines. The whole cancer treatment is due to Blizzard publicly having likened the Old Gods to a cancer in Azeroth, and that was then abstracted to information about cancer treatment that I happen to know, which is also easily available.

You hear people who are into the whole Old God thing hearing the term and then subconsciously connecting them with the C'thulhu mythos, which ever since we heard about the Void Lords was invalid. The Old Gods in WoW = have bosses. The Old Gods in the C'thulhu mythos = are the bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I don't think I'd say Maldraxxus is an Old God, but it definitely has the hallmarks of being a living thing in some sense of the term - it's fleshy landscape seems to pulsate and almost breathe. It's weird for it to feel so alive considering that it's a realm in the plane of Death, but given the undead theme of the place I suppose it makes sense it wouldn't necessarily conform to expectation (whatever they may be).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ModeratorForLife View Post
    Maybe, it is not alive but, a corpse of an Old God.
    Do OGs leave a corpse behind, though? I was under the impression that Y'Sharaj had left no physical remains other than his heart. N'Zoth seems to have vanished altogether, along with N'yalotha, as per the raid ending cinematic. As for C'thun and Yogg, it's unclear what happened to them after we killed them - to the extent that OGs can actually be killed.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooginava182 View Post
    I really hope what we got out of Nzoth wasn't it.. I agree though. WoW's villians don't really cause a threat anymore.. cause its the same rinse and repeat cycle. Legion - BFA "OH MY GOSH, AN ARMY SO LARGE IT COULD WIPE OUT AZEROTH AS WE KNOW IT!! WHAT SHALL WE EVER DO DIFFERENTLY THIS TIME TO THE LAST TIME WE HAD A "MAJOR WORLD THREAT". Shadowlands - "OH MY GOSH, HE HAS AN EVEN BIGGER ARMY THAN THE LEGION WHAT SHALL WE EVER DO DIFFERENTLY THIS TIME?!"
    A lot of exaggeration in here to make a narrative look bad and really just ignores that things have been fleshed out.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Do OGs leave a corpse behind, though? I was under the impression that Y'Sharaj had left no physical remains other than his heart. N'Zoth seems to have vanished altogether, along with N'yalotha, as per the raid ending cinematic. As for C'thun and Yogg, it's unclear what happened to them after we killed them - to the extent that OGs can actually be killed.
    Well, Y'shaarj was ripped out of the planet by Aman'thul and N'zoth was blasted by an azerite kamehameha. So, this is not, necessarily, the same case. The Old God could be beaten but not disintegrated or squished.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I think he's alright, it's more her that's the issue. She just has zero charisma.
    the standard way to fake charisma is to:

1. talk really fast
    2. have a tone of voice where you have a general minor level of annoyance with a lot of things.

many main characters in Steven Spielberg films do this. most popular streamers do this. people like soda, asmongold, towellie talk fast and get minorly annoyed a lot. taleisin also talks super fast and has a minor level of annoyance in his voice. they are ALL the exact same person. it gets super boring when you know the formula and see yet another one pop up that does it.

evitel does not follow the formula. she doesn't talk super fast. she reads a script that seems written by someone that is annoyed with the game, but she herself doesn't read with with the conviction of annoyed person. she is actually refreshing because she doesn't follow the formula. but, people will say "she has zero charisma" /eyeroll
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefellah View Post
    This comment made me think, what if we are looking at this the wrong way?

Given that:
    The void can not manifest in Azeroth / reality
    The void can manifest in the Shadowlands
    Old gods can manifest in Azeroth / reality
    The zones we visit in shadowlands are just one of many (though they are the five most important ones)

What if Old Gods form naturally in the shadowlands, Maldraxxus being one of them, and indeed move around as floating hunks of flesh and eyes, just floating there, and the Voidlords somehow took a couple from the shadowlands, and launched them into Azeroth?
    Because according to the established lore that isn't what they are. They're glorified sperm cells from the Void Lords.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Assuming the comics are still canon which the only thing they actually said wasn't would be Medan being a guardian and having Atiesh, Cthun left a corpse behind.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    the standard way to fake charisma is to:

1. talk really fast
    2. have a tone of voice where you have a general minor level of annoyance with a lot of things.

many main characters in Steven Spielberg films do this. most popular streamers do this. people like soda, asmongold, towellie talk fast and get minorly annoyed a lot. taleisin also talks super fast and has a minor level of annoyance in his voice. they are ALL the exact same person. it gets super boring when you know the formula and see yet another one pop up that does it.

evitel does not follow the formula. she doesn't talk super fast. she reads a script that seems written by someone that is annoyed with the game, but she herself doesn't read with with the conviction of annoyed person. she is actually refreshing because she doesn't follow the formula. but, people will say "she has zero charisma" /eyeroll
    What a load of nonsense. You can't fake charisma, you either have or you don't.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    What a load of nonsense. You can't fake charisma, you either have or you don't.
    Robert Downey Jr does the exact same thing as Iron Man. Talks super fast, mild annoyance with stuff going on around him. Instant charisma.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Robert Downey Jr does the exact same thing as Iron Man. Talks super fast, mild annoyance with stuff going on around him. Instant charisma.
    You have no idea of what charisma is or how it works. The reason as to why Downey Jr seems charismatic is because he *is* charismatic - regardless of which role he plays.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

i'm on board with maldraxxus itself being a (super) weapon to defend the shadowlands. but an old gold wouldn't make a lot of sense.

for starters one would assume maldraxxus already existed by the time the void came up with the idea of old gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    i'm on board with maldraxxus itself being a (super) weapon to defend the shadowlands. but an old gold wouldn't make a lot of sense.

for starters one would assume maldraxxus already existed by the time the void came up with the idea of old gods.
    Not necessarily.
    Were there strong and mighty beings for Maldraxxus to receive before the Old Gods?