Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It's just mindboggling how disconnected Blizzard is with the playerbase.

Literally browsing the forums for 5 minutes would have yielded at least 3 better solutions than this.

Wow. Blizzard went all out and found once again the worst possible solution for a problem. At this point they are going out of their way just to fuck with everyone.

H-How does this make them any less mandatory?

Am I missing something in their logic here? Why was that even brought up? How is this a solution? Are they just doing some kind of humble brag about them or something? I don't understand the point of this announcement.

Blizzard managed to make the problem worse than the original.

1) Players will have to stack to use 8yd drums until ZA

2) Greater drums will be even more expensive than original 2.3 drums

If they're not gonna listen to feedback, just give us 2.3 drums from launch. It would be better than this.

"We've decided this is a problem! A major one! And we intend to just make it more fucking annoying, but not touch what we identified as the problem one fucking bit!" --Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Something Wicked View Post
    "We've decided this is a problem! A major one! And we intend to just make it more fucking annoying, but not touch what we identified as the problem one fucking bit!" --Blizzard
    Yeah this is just weird.

They admit min/max culture is a plague caused by the modern player base. But make changes that dont even fix that problem. Just lol? I'm pretty sure fast food workers have better problem solving skills than this.

People have been mocking classic for how faceroll/easy it is due to being able to exploit things such as world buffs/engineering which where never made to have the effect on raids like they have (blizzard stated themselves they didn't see people going out of their way to minmax world buffs in vanilla which is why world buffs existed, as a special buff you got once in a while).

So they now know the pplayers will min/max everything making the game drastically easier, yet they're not going to fix the problem in TBC? The drum rotations are EXTREMELY powerful, that added with people also being drastically better at the game now due to TBC being out for you know, 14 years or so is going to end up in another faceroll game.

Remove or change the drums so they aren't effective in 25man raids, don't make people feel forced into having to use their profession slot on LW while also making the game more challenging due to not being able to exploit a mechanic that was never intended to be used in the way it was.

Its not rocket science.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Wicked View Post
    H-How does this make them any less mandatory?

Am I missing something in their logic here? Why was that even brought up? How is this a solution? Are they just doing some kind of humble brag about them or something? I don't understand the point of this announcement.
    I can only assume they think people won’t want to take leatherworking to use them now because they’re more difficult. Which as we know is a crock. Look at the depths people went to get classic buffs every raid night on classic. Huge pain in the ass but so beneficial.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    They always said they'd wished they'd redone drums in tbc but this.... Nobody wanted this.

I must be missing the part where blizzard said this change is to fix the issue with multiple drums being mandatory and that no other changes are planned.

There are 2 viable solutions that would fix it

1. Raid wide buff, so we need maybe max 5 LWers for raid
    2. Make a debuff that u cant use the drumms again for X minutes.

I really want LWers to be useful in raids and dungeons, dont want to make them obsolete oustide of couple of items initial into expac. But make it more managable :P
    Last edited by Nehezbegar; 2021-03-26 at 04:39 AM.

"Experience TBC like it was, except for this and this and this but totally the same trust me"

As always they try (for some unknown reason) to use some weird thinking in these situations instead using simple logic...

Quote Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    There are 2 viable solutions that would fix it

1. Raid wide buff, so we need maybe max 5 LWers for raid
    2. Make a debuff that u cant use the drumms again for X minutes.

I really want LWers to be useful in raids and dungeons, dont want to make them obsolete oustide of couple of items initial into expac. But make it more managable :P
    There is other and much easier fix...
    Just delete LW requirement for using them.
    They probably have to just change literally 1 or 2 strings in the item code to achieve that...

If you do it that way:
    - These will become 'normal consumes' like flasks or potions and are great for overall game economy
    - LW an skinning are still great professions that will give tons of gold but no longer mandatory for everyone
    - Drums are still amazing addition for testing raid coordination and communication since everyone will still have to use them at the right time

5+ Year Old Account
    Oh goodie. Our daily fix of shitstorms.

I'm baffled to see how people still go into sh*tstorming Blizzard over minmaxing details like this, several weeks before TBC release, while Classic clearly proved that content would be stomped over no matter what...

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    This confuses me most of all..

How can something be "Mandatory" and "Required" yet also be "Won't even care or notice"

Are the people saying mandatory exaggerating?
    Yes, most of the people flipping out about this are people who want to go alchemy on their main for their transmute cd rather than pve/pvp profs.

Same people who wouldn't go engineering if drums got hard nerfed (the next best pve choice), it's like complaining about high end pvp balance but you have no intention of ever pvping.

It's going to be mandatory for those that do play high end, just like how engineering would've been mandatory if lw got nerfed, so literally nothing changes for those people other than the brand of forced profession.

And people want these devs making a Classic+. Yeah, that would go well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Minmax is also to some extent a problem of choice. If they have to micromanage every feature of the game around optimization, the game will be trash because the players are trash
    True, but they could and should prevent some of the painful minmaxing. BC doesn't have so much of these except drums. And they managed to fuck this up. I'm really appalled.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninix View Post
    I'm baffled to see how people still go into sh*tstorming Blizzard over minmaxing details like this, several weeks before TBC release, while Classic clearly proved that content would be stomped over no matter what...
    The problem is very simple to address and fix but Blizzard for some reason want to force totally irrational and pointless change that literally does nothing or worse.
    It is the perfect example how far Blizzard is from the community.
    But yes - it is problem with 'people sh*tstorming'...

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather them just make them share cooldown/get affect by exhaustion. So that having a Shaman can replace the need for "mandatory" Leatherworker.