Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Here's a hint... Dont go to FF14 and behave like you did in Wow. GMs there wont put up with it.
    Maybe OP is just really, reeeeeeally bad at WoW. So bad, that the rest of their groups thought "that guy must be trolling and 'intentionally feeding'" so they reported OP for intentional disruptive behavior.

If this is the case, then OP will be right at home in FF14. GMs there are very overprotective of the bad player.

I like how WoW feels relatively unmoderated ingame, it feels like a throwback to a better time before every game and game forum was moderated by autistic SJW pedo furries. I've never been suspended or had a ban, and have never heard of anyone getting banned for anything except outright cheating. That's the way it should be, it makes the game world feel more like an actual world rather than a hugbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    In all reality nothing....maybe the same reason people like him make these threads..validation or the thrill of taking that validation away. Hell some of his mannerisms almost say he probably DID do something but doesn't think what he did broke the rules...its pretty common but in reality none of what he says adds up..in some research of long bans pretty much ALL the ones reported were told what they did in some manner. Also a lot of things are WAAAAY too convenient such as him saying he uninstalled less than a week ago then magically got back into the game and then get promptly banned for no reason. If I didn't call him out on uninstalling the game earlier his story probably would of been waaay different.
    So for almost everybody this thread is just some sort of gimmick to feel better about yourself, one way or the other.

5+ Year Old Account
    To be honest it’s really hard to believe. I admit even after insulting and going off on other players because they would piss me off in the past I never been suspended or penalized so the violation you did must have been quite severe. I don’t know of course what it is, but two years is a lot. Not judging though. Nowadays they tend to just mute people for abusive language and ban for game bug or gold exploitation, but that’s just my observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    So for almost everybody this thread is just some sort of gimmick to feel better about yourself, one way or the other.
    Basically the internet...Its a human thing to do so common people literally became billionaires from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    Maybe OP is just really, reeeeeeally bad at WoW. So bad, that the rest of their groups thought "that guy must be trolling and 'intentionally feeding'" so they reported OP for intentional disruptive behavior.

If this is the case, then OP will be right at home in FF14. GMs there are very overprotective of the bad player.
    Curious, what does overprotective of bad players mean?
    Error 404 - Signature not found

If someone is that bad they wouldn't pay for them to raid with them....

Don't they send you an email? Can you post that

I've never reported anyone for being bad, and I've pugged with horrific players. A game like LoL actually prevents people for being banned for just bad performances. It's fine to be bad at games. You have to do some sick shit to get a 2 year ban, not just being boosted/terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Curious, what does overprotective of bad players mean?
    No damage meters for example. I mean you can use them, but you can't blame someone for a bad dps.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2021-03-26 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jsrfuture View Post
    They ban people for griefing too, have yo tried to kill multiple time in a row people in open world, camping them? Or preventing them to finish their quest, like the explosive mawrats quest where some people kill the mawrat to prevent others to complete it? this kind of thing maybe. Disruptive play is very broad you know, instead of proof you should ask them to be more precise as you do not understand what you did wrong.
    That's so dumb if this is true. You literally can't prevent someone from making progress in the current state of the game because there's a fucking button to opt out of wPvP.
    @TheRevenantHero I'm curious. Did you play on an RP server by any chance?
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2021-03-26 at 10:28 AM.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    I've never reported anyone for being bad, and I've pugged with horrific players. A game like LoL actually prevents people for being banned for just bad performances. It's fine to be bad at games. You have to do some sick shit to get a 2 year ban, not just being boosted/terrible.
    I'd imagine some stuff like joining a M+ dungeon run and then pulling stuff left and right as dps, wiping, leaving, etc. Do that often enough and I can see a ban for disruptive behavior. And I'm sure there are people out there who play like that not because they want to be disruptive but because that's how they play the game. There are entitled people out there who would do that and think it's "doing nothing wrong" because they are just playing their way. Just "having their fun" as the people say.

I'd imagine some stuff like joining a M+ dungeon run and then pulling stuff left and right as dps, wiping, leaving, etc. Do that often enough and I can see a ban for disruptive behavior. And I'm sure there are people out there who play like that not because they want to be disruptive but because that's how they play the game. There are entitled people out there who would do that and think it's "doing nothing wrong" because they are just playing their way. Just "having their fun" as the people say.
    You're right, people can be banned for doing that. However, if that's what OP did, it must be an awful, awful lot of intentional trolling to get a 2 year ban. Does trolling on purpose even warrants such a massive penalty?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    So I've been playing WoW for 12 years, roughly. I've been in pretty good standing as far as infractions go. My last suspension was in April of 2018 for "disruptive gameplay" for two weeks but I was never told exactly what I did. I appealed it and was given vague information and told that the suspension would not be altered or overturned. Whatever, a suspension sucks but I went through the proper channels and got brushed off.

I was once again hit with disruptive gameplay on Wednesday. No idea why because I don't bot. I don't use exploits. Hell, I mostly play the game solo and don't talk much in chats when I use matchmaking. The most insane part? It is a two YEAR suspension. I appealed it immediately and was told the suspension would not be altered and that all future appeals/tickets will not be responded to. I was given absolutely no information as to why I was being accused of "disruptive gameplay". I have absolutely no idea what could have triggered this. Apparently, a few other people have been hit with similar egregious suspensions recently.

What pisses me off is they didn't even tell me what I did. That's utter incompetence. I immediately uninstalled all Blizzard products and canceled my sub. Has anyone else experienced anything similar lately?
    You need to show Blizzard you are really disappointed in their service by boycotting all things Blizzard, including fan sites, including this site. Once you disappear for a few months they'll get the message for sure and your ban will be lifted.

You can quote me on that when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    You need to show Blizzard you are really disappointed in their service by boycotting all things Blizzard, including fan sites, including this site. Once you disappear for a few months they'll get the message for sure and your ban will be lifted.

You can quote me on that when it happens.
    I'm actually putting money on a few weeks after we forget he did this he's going to post somewhere complaining about something in game

Have you ever paid/sold gold with real money? That can land a long ban if caught, or maybe having someone else log onto your account? Can get bans for account sharing too

Guys, it doesn't matter if he actually did something or not, his point is valid. If you're going to get banned for years, they need to explain to you why. Not "because you did something bad that warranted it", that is not enough for such an action. Sure, it's probably covered by EULA that they can ban you whenever and however they feel like it without explanation, but it shouldn't be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    No damage meters for example. I mean you can use them, but you can't blame someone for a bad dps.
    Doesn't really answer my question though... protective from what?
    To clarify, to me it reads like he wants to bash/whine/flame/complain to the person being bad...which he can't do because it's not allowed etc etc.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Guys, it doesn't matter if he actually did something or not, his point is valid. If you're going to get banned for years, they need to explain to you why. Not "because you did something bad that warranted it", that is not enough for such an action. Sure, it's probably covered by EULA that they can ban you whenever and however they feel like it without explanation, but it shouldn't be the case.
    Except, each and every one of the folks that chose to log into a Blizzard product actually agree to it, even if they dont agree, even if they dont bother reading it.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

My account was broken into once some time ago and it got banned for actually using 3rd party hacks.
    It was either a permanent ban or very long, I can't remember anymore.

I contacted Blizzard, sent them my real life ID and explained my situation and they not only unbanned it the next day but rolled everything back to what it was before it was hacked.

If Blizzard gave you a 2 year ban it was not for nothing.
    I remember the people being surprised for being banned after using the XP potion glitch during BfA, even tho everyone told them not to cuz they will be banned.

Point is, you did something that was clearly not intended to be done and most likely pretty obvious that you shouldn't be doing it but you did it anyways (possibly multiple times) so you got banned.
    You can keep saying that you did nothing wrong but as far as I saw 2 year long false positives are not a thing where they even refuse to talk to you about it.

The reason they don't explain why you were banned is because they don't give out hints to cheaters as to what had them caught.
    This way they can't just do it again with knowing what not to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Why do they NEED to explain why? They might want them to explain why but Blizzard are under zero obligation to give a detailed reason why someone was banned. The fact they got a 2 year ban suggests they did something pretty bad and likely have their own suspicions for why they were banned.