Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    People can't seriously compare the drought of SoO patch to launch of WoD pre patch ( 14 months ) to us waiting for 9.1? Those are not Comparable whatsoever.

One is end of expansion patch to waiting for the new expansion. There's always a long wait between the two.

We're talking a .1 patch at the early part of a brand new expansion. It should never take 8 or 9 months, which it's on track to be. Something's seriously wrong behind the scenes. Maybe Blizzard woke up and realized what a generic lame and boring filler expansion they've made and want to correct it?

Blizzard refers to 9.0.5 as a "content update" kek

Quote Originally Posted by Saltii View Post
    The section about past timeliness is correct. 9.0.5 was not really a content patch, let's be real and 9.1 is not even on the ptr yet. It will be well into the second half of 2021 before we see a new raid tier.
    I was discussing that with an officer last night playing another game. He's optimistic we'll see 9.1 by may, to which i practically laughed at him and said "August or september at the earlier at this rate. it won't even be out in ptr til after tbc classic launches"

SL is an a really bad state. Arguably worse than BFA or WoD at this point since it's a "here we go again.." moment for a lot of people who just unsub and walk away. If it wasn't for my raid team, who i've been with since 2005, i'd have walked away too.

Thing is, i only have about 3-4 months MAX left before i step away for IRL reasons and i wanted to see the new raid tier, but at this point? I don't think i will.

This new generation of blizzard staff is 1/10th as talented as their predecessors. I even feel nostalgic for ghostcrawler at this point compared to Ion and his band of misfits who have slowly turned WoW into WoW: Diablo 3 edition.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    People can't seriously compare the drought of SoO patch to launch of WoD pre patch ( 14 months ) to us waiting for 9.1? Those are not Comparable whatsoever.

One is end of expansion patch to waiting for the new expansion. There's always a long wait between the two.

We're talking a .1 patch at the early part of a brand new expansion. It should never take 8 or 9 months, which it's on track to be. Something's seriously wrong behind the scenes. Maybe Blizzard woke up and realized what a generic lame and boring filler expansion they've made and want to correct it?
    a .1 patch should, ideally, hit 4 months after launch. anything past 6 months is utter and complete failure, and if i ran ATVI, i'd want answers and would demand changes. This group running the show is completely incompetent and incapable of saving SL

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludek View Post
    You mean 9.0.x will break the Siege of Orgrimmar record of 13 months without new content?
    For a first patch, yes. At least since Ion is in charge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Ion and crew have been yachting for the past 3-4 months.
    While I mostly agree with the rest of your post, I don't think that anyone is seriously saying that Ion & co. are "lazy". But I do think that they are underfunded and/or understaffed, covid-related issues (which I've experienced in my own job, for instance) aside.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Dude, it's my snarky comment, don't overthink it.
    Making factually false statements when complaining about clickbaiters is a perfect example of hypocrisy.

There is "snarky" and there are outright falsehoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    And btw what is point of video "Blizzard is behind schedule with patches". It's self-evident.
    Because it's actually good to see some hard numbers to make the comparison?

After all, we shouldn't just rely on our feelings and have some data to support these things, or not?

I don't mind the delay, what I do mind is that collectively we spend far more on this game and get not much more in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    While I mostly agree with the rest of your post, I don't think that anyone is seriously saying that Ion & co. are "lazy". But I do think that they are underfunded and/or understaffed, covid-related issues (which I've experienced in my own job, for instance) aside.
    For sure. I have no doubt they could use more staff, more talented staff, and both these things require more pocket fillings. It is kind of a sad state of affairs when you are devoted to making sure Bobby gets his 20 million stock option and every penny counts sort of world we find ourselves in before the pandemic and honestly during and after it the problem will only get worse as they look for new ways to push out a few more pennies.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Are these shills and Blizzard boot lickers actual employees of Activision?

Because there's just no reason why real WoW players could defend this generic boring filler expansion.

If Blizzard is trying to kill of WoW and lose a huge amount of subs, they're doing a fine job of it. Almost 5 months into Shadowlands with no new content, and looks to be another 3 to 4 more months the earliest until 9.1 ( July / August ) is what most people in the know are saying.
    You can have a differing opinion wothout calling ppl names lol. I enjoy the game and am having a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    i'm sure people who are concerned about content would rather have break from the game instead of getting half baked content.
    Exactly. You can easily argue that the Maw and Torghast shouldn't even be in the game right now since both are in a really bad state. They should only add high quality content to the game instead of all this rushed shit. Even if it means that we have to take a break sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltii View Post
    Take a look at Bellulars latest video where he breaks down the timelines. We will not be seeing fresh content for a very long time and the game is already incredibly stale and boring...
    i never understood this ''drought''... like what are you doing in the game normally? I currently progress mythic raiding and m+ keys, lvled up my alts and try to maintain some, and in the spare wow time i have i do my achies/daily chores/or w/e else(mount farming alt raids etc).

All in all 85% of the duration of patch if you are a normal player actually playing the game you have shit to do.
    ''Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities'' ~Voltaire
    ''As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.'' ~Dickmann's Law
    ''No life is worth living if we can't be true to our nature'' ~Baine Bloodhoof

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post
    I made a thread saying i was taking a break because WoW is incredibly boring and stale now and was deemed a "Wow is dying thread is disguise" and closed.
    Gotta love WoW plyerbase

ROFLMAO
    Report the thread if you consider it against the rules.
    Discussing moderation can only lead to problems for you.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Report the thread if you consider it against the rules.
    Discussing moderation can only lead to problems for you.
    I dont care, i just think is funny.

And i agree completely with the poster i quoted.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Making factually false statements when complaining about clickbaiters is a perfect example of hypocrisy.

There is "snarky" and there are outright falsehoods.
    Lol making joke about clickbaiter is now "factually false statement" if this time around for some miracle he didn't make a clickbait (still not sure, but I wouldn't know, as I said, I'm not touching his content, dude worked hard to gain this reputation). Some people here, Jesus..

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Because it's actually good to see some hard numbers to make the comparison?

After all, we shouldn't just rely on our feelings and have some data to support these things, or not?
    Yes, we desperataly need videos that November-May(+) is longer period than August-December. WE NEED HARD NUMBERS, PEOPLE MUST LEARN THE TRUTH.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nargrom View Post
    i never understood this ''drought''... like what are you doing in the game normally? I currently progress mythic raiding and m+ keys, lvled up my alts and try to maintain some, and in the spare wow time i have i do my achies/daily chores/or w/e else(mount farming alt raids etc).

All in all 85% of the duration of patch if you are a normal player actually playing the game you have shit to do.
    They are measuring first tier raids n the past.
    They usually last about 4-5 months.
    Nathria will hit 5 months in May, so that's typically when you would expect the next tier to drop.
    Right now, it may not even hit PTR until May (maybe sneak it in at the end of April), but there is usually build info and such flying around a couple weeks prior and that hasn't happened yet.

If PTR for .1 hits in May, give it 8-9ish weeks, we would see a July-ish timeframe for the prod push, giving Nathria and the .0.0/.0.5 patch an 8 month run total, which is a long time, but far from the worst possible outcome.
    If PTR doesn't happen until June/July timeframe, then you are looking at a bigger wait.

Overall, though, it seems the majority of the casual content players (read: non-mythic raid/+15 pushers) still log in and have plenty to do, either with their mains or with alts and such, so while this seems like a waste of time for those who only care about raiding, it's not the end of the world (of warcraft).
    If the .1 patch is a shitshow on PTR and takes longer than a couple of months, and if it doesn't show up until mid-late summer to begin with, then I can see even the casual meanderers running low on things and that's when the breaks and such will happen for that crowd, which will be noticeably bigger than the Bellular mouthbreathers and their constant canceling of sub.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    One day I might actually get round to Googling "bellular" tbh
    Great, so you know nothing about the guy in question nor presumably about the hard data he showed. Why are you posting then?

Btw, gotta love all the shills going OMFG BELLULAR DEM CLIKBEITZ!!1!1!1 Yeah, you are entitled to your opinion about him, but the data he has showed in the vid in question is not a matter of opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I can't believe people still watch Bellular's videos

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I can't believe people still watch Bellular's videos
    Nothing he said was wrong

What do you mean "no content". They added Bananas. Look at his little cheeky monkey face!

That should tide you over for the next year.

bellular lol the elast credible person to listen to

he is talking mad shit about m+ and the highest key he has done is a 6 , a 6 omega laul : https://raider.io/characters/eu/ravencrest/Bellular the dude is the worst kind of casual.

in the meantime he keeps calling himself a gamedev and all you can get for his "incoming " game is a picture : https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/c...g?format=2500w for year . he cant even develop tetris .

his content is literally take whatever is trending on /r wow overblow it out of proportions , talk on and on without saying anything to make the video 40 mins long , add a CLICKBAIT TITTLE , thumbnail and that's the recipe to farm the views from the outrage mob.

Sooooo... what is a proper source then? It seems each time some youtuber/streamer is brought up, people line up and go "booo, that guy sucks"?

Your own opinion? Accept everything and do not be concerned of anything?
    Blizzard? I kneel before my corporate overlord and guzzle down everything they feed me?
    Your favorite community? Yeah, the echochamber is good!

???

edit:Proper source in general? Not just for this topic.
    Last edited by Morae; 2021-03-26 at 03:31 PM.