Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltii View Post
    Take a look at Bellulars latest video where he breaks down the timelines. We will not be seeing fresh content for a very long time and the game is already incredibly stale and boring...
    I see a lot of people in this thread picking Bellular apart or calling him a shill or a hater or whatever.

But he's absolutely right. Watch the video, guys. He's completely correct about the timeline (and any of you who think we're getting 9.1 before the end of June are going to be sadly disappointed.)

The question everyone should really be asking is... why? Why is it going to likely take 6-8 MONTHS for the first SL content patch? Don't blame COVID; that was a good excuse last year, but every other company in the world has adapted to the pandemic situation. Of course, I think we DO know why this is happening, and it has everything to do with $$$ (or rather, a lack of $$$ spent on the game versus profit.)

Look at when Endwalker comes out, expect your big update them. Blizzard is blizzard after all.

I entered Shadowlands not expecting to raid or do anything in particular. I eventually gave raiding a crack (first time in years) with the hope of just clearing heroic and now it looks like I could actually end up with cutting edge, what a bizarre situation.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Saltii View Post
    Take a look at Bellulars latest video where he breaks down the timelines. We will not be seeing fresh content for a very long time and the game is already incredibly stale and boring...
    Someone clearly doesn't remember Icecrown Citadel, Siege of Orgrimmar or Hellfire Citadel patch durations, 'uh?

But thanks for parroting a random youtuber's opinion on a fresh account for the purpose. Super legit thread.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Someone clearly doesn't remember Icecrown Citadel, Siege of Orgrimmar or Hellfire Citadel patch durations, 'uh?

But thanks for parroting a random youtuber's opinion on a fresh account for the purpose. Super legit thread.
    Someone is clearly talking about FINAL content patches for WoW -- something we've all accepted over time -- as opposed to the original poster, who was talking about the drought content between launch and the FIRST content patch, the degree of which we're looking at here is unprecedented in WoW's history. You should really comprehend the context before you make comments like this.

This might be the longest wait to a X.1 patch ever. But the longest content drought of all time? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Randris View Post
    This might be the longest wait to a X.1 patch ever. But the longest content drought of all time? Nah.
    No one says it is. Not even Bellular, who the OP is talking about.

We are talking about the first X.1 patch.

Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    Someone is clearly talking about FINAL content patches for WoW -- something we've all accepted over time -- as opposed to the original poster, who was talking about the drought content between launch and the FIRST content patch, the degree of which we're looking at here is unprecedented in WoW's history. You should really comprehend the context before you make comments like this.
    The OP simply said "longest content drought". Not "longest first patch content drought". Nor did they qualify that statement further. You're demanding people consider context that isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The OP simply said "longest content drought". Not "longest first patch content drought". Nor did they qualify that statement further. You're demanding people consider context that isn't there.
    The OP referred you to Bellular's video ("Take a look at Bellulars latest video where he breaks down the timelines") which IS ABSOLUTELY talking about the first content patch. That is the point of this thread, despite the title.

What sucks is that Shadowlands did actually look like a really good expansion. Torghast just isn't fun or interesting to play (and once you finish your main legendary you don't need soulash - there's no reason to think we should bank this either). Once you're renown 40 there's no reason to do weekly covenant stuff. Once you're done with PVP gear you don't need to do those quests either nor farm honor. You can do callings, but the chances of you getting a good conduit are pretty slim since they aren't spec specific.

It's ironic because Blizz really wants to funnel us into M+ and arena for our daily content, which is great. Yet the tool they give us to find groups is garbage, and there's no reason to think legit solo-queue is on the way for arena much less for M+. Why not add match-making for both game modes and let us queue whenever we want? The queues might be long, but it's better than sitting around applying to M+ or Arena and getting nowhere.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

level an alt that will use a campaign story line that you havent used before

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Just re read the OP. No where does he / she state we'll be waiting 14+ months for 9.1 patch.

Just a very long time.
    Look at the OP's title: "WoW's LONGEST content drought incoming".

WoW's longest content drought was 14+ months.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Look at the OP's title: "WoW's LONGEST content drought incoming".

WoW's longest content drought was 14+ months.
    Again, it doesn't matter what the OP called this thread.

The OP said "take a look at Bellular's video" which is about the first patch content.

Why is this so hard? If you're not referring to the video, which is the POINT OF THIS THREAD, then why are you replying to it?

Someone is clearly talking about FINAL content patches for WoW -- something we've all accepted over time -- as opposed to the original poster, who was talking about the drought content between launch and the FIRST content patch,
    "WoW's LONGEST content drought incoming
    Take a look at Bellulars latest video where he breaks down the timelines. We will not be seeing fresh content for a very long time and the game is already incredibly stale and boring..."

Nowhere is it mentioned "between launch and content patch".

Oh, or did you expect people to actually watch a random youtube video? Are the MMOC boards ads for youtube videos now? As far as i'm aware, this sort of threads isn't even allowed.

Awfully defensive there man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, it doesn't matter what the OP called this thread.

The OP said "take a look at Bellular's video" which is about the first patch content.

Why is this so hard? If you're not referring to the video, which is the POINT OF THIS THREAD, then why are you replying to it?
    So we have a clear-cut case of click-bait, here.

Not to mention the OP not only never specified he's talking about in-between patches, and explicitly mentioned "LONGEST content drought" without any caveats.

And I don't have to watch the video. If the OP cannot put things correctly in his own words, it doesn't really compel me to watch the video.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2021-03-26 at 05:44 PM.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    "WoW's LONGEST content drought incoming]Oh, or did you expect people to actually watch a random youtube video?
    Yes, because that is the point of the thread.

Y'all being so pedantic that your response to this thread is to defend Blizzard by saying that other droughts have been longer... you're being part of the problem. So boring.
    Last edited by damonskye; 2021-03-26 at 05:45 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Just re read the OP. No where does he / she state we'll be waiting 14+ months for 9.1 patch.

Just a very long time.

Which is true. By the time 9.1 officially comes out it will have been 8 to 9 months. Where recently .1 patches have come out in 3 to 4 months, and some expansions 6 months for the .1 patch. But never 9 months wait for the first big patch of a brand new expansion.

How can people not see a problem with that?

Right there
    that is where they state we will be waiting 14 months for 9.1.
    seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I see a lot of people in this thread picking Bellular apart or calling him a shill or a hater or whatever.

But he's absolutely right. Watch the video, guys. He's completely correct about the timeline (and any of you who think we're getting 9.1 before the end of June are going to be sadly disappointed.)

The question everyone should really be asking is... why? Why is it going to likely take 6-8 MONTHS for the first SL content patch? Don't blame COVID; that was a good excuse last year, but every other company in the world has adapted to the pandemic situation. Of course, I think we DO know why this is happening, and it has everything to do with $$$ (or rather, a lack of $$$ spent on the game versus profit.)
    Adapting to COVID and getting back to pre COVID levels of productively are not at all the same thing and blizzard isn’t the only gaming company that is still behind because of COVID.

Also a lack of money going to the game wouldn’t make content come out slower unless they were laying off devs which they haven’t been. It could cause the content to be lower quality like say getting worse or less voice actors but that wouldn’t push patch times back.

Y'all being so pedantic that your response to this thread is to defend Blizzard by saying that other droughts have been longer... you're being part of the problem. So boring.
    No one is defending Blizzard, again, another illogical conclusion from you. Feel free to quote me where i did so.

Just the fact that we've had 14 months draughts and this topic\discussion is a silly hyperbole.

But hey, keep on the random jabs that make no sense. Makes for a fun afternoon.

I really don't get all this doomsaying to be honest... at least not yet. I mean having like zero details about 9.1 and still no PTR is no less than worrying but calling it the longest drought already or throwing in random dates like august or even september seems a bit over-exaggerated. I also don't think they are that far behind compared to previous expansions. Looking back at BfA (most recent example) it took around 4 and a half months from the opening of Uldir to the opening of BoD. Now with PTR's of major patches lasting around 10 weeks and the PTR possibly coming up next week this would lead to a patch release in early june (which would be around 5 and a half to 6 months of Castle Nathria). So "only" 1 to 1 and half months more than BfA.
    I know this is a rather optimistic view but even in a scenario where we have to wait for another three weeks for PTR and it lasting 12 weeks, the patch would release in early july.