Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    ok then keep on raging then . btw when is bellulars game being released ? oh wait
    Who cares about Bellular himself, he's a youtuber like any other, but that doesn't mean that anything he says is false just because he said it LOL. That's pretty much the epitome of ad hominem, ditto the comment about his game (which I couldn't care less about btw). But it's funny that you are attempting to cover your false moves with even more fallacies. Well, I guess that's all you are capable of /shrug
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Who cares about Bellular himself, he's a youtuber like any other, but that doesn't mean that anything he says is false just because he said it LOL. That's pretty much the epitome of ad hominem, ditto the comment about his game (which I couldn't care less about btw). But it's funny that you are attempting to cover your false moves with even more fallacies. Well, I guess that's all you are capable of /shrug
    clickbait = truth , logic has left the building.

5+ Year Old Account
    clickbait = truth , logic has left the building.
    By that definition, every single youtuber (Preach, Bellular, T&E, etc.) publishes nothing but falsehoods. That's a pretty big assertion, and I do hope you have the corresponding proof, because you surely you aren't making things up, are you? I mean, are the Legion/BfA patch schedules "clickbait" just because they were mentioned by Bellular?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Yeah, like 14 months. But you know the goalposts will be moved to say the OP meant nin end of an expansion content drought. Which, I'm sure is what they meant, but it is meaningless since SoO and ICC and DS are far greater than anything this is approaching. When in the expansion a drought takes place is irrelevant.
    He will be right, facts be damned

Who cares about Bellular himself, he's a youtuber like any other, but that doesn't mean that anything he says is false just because he said it
    From what I'm seeing people are not saying it's objectively false, they're saying it's meaningless as evidence and the 9.1 release date is equally unknown whether or not Bellular makes a prediction or he doesn't.

For someone who is an expert on logical fallacies you should understand the difference.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    uh....no. this patch is coming out within the next 3 months easily. that will be around 6-7 montths of 9.0. fine timing. everyone needs to chill.
    How would that be fine?

By that definition, every single youtuber (Preach, Bellular, T&E, etc.) publishes nothing but falsehoods. That's a pretty big assertion, and I do hope you have the corresponding proof, because you surely you aren't making things up, are you? I mean, are the Legion/BfA patch schedules "clickbait" just because they were mentioned by Bellular?
    clickbait = more views more revenue. if you cant see that you are simply naive or other than that you came here to get your outrage fix.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    From what I'm seeing people are not saying it's objectively false, they're saying it's meaningless as evidence and the 9.1 release date is equally unknown whether or not Bellular makes a prediction or he doesn't.

For someone who is an expert on logical fallacies you should understand the difference.
    Oh, I know that the slowdown between Legion and BfA patches doesn't mean anything, in principle, when it comes to SL ones. But the trend is worrisome, especially since the 9.1 preview at Blizzcon was more than scant. I guess it depends on how much content they are going to include in 9.1 and how much QA are they going to go with.

clickbait = more views more revenue. if you cant see that you are simply naive or other than that you came here to get your outrage fix.
    That still doesn't imply that everything a youtuber says is to be dismissed outright (nor accepted, for that matter).

Oh, I know that the slowdown between Legion and BfA patches doesn't mean anything, in principle, when it comes to SL ones. But the trend is worrisome, especially since the 9.1 preview at Blizzcon was more than scant. I guess it depends on how much content they are going to include in 9.1 and how much QA are they going to go with.

That still doesn't imply that everything a youtuber says is to be dismissed outright (nor accepted, for that matter).
    if you take daily mail tabloid type of news for facts ok keep doing that

100% agree. I think this is a fucking catastrophe personally. I cannot begin to understand how SL was delayed for months and was launched with seemingly no concrete plans for 9.1. Even if 9.1 is great, I think it is terrible for the game to have a tier/season as long as this one will be whether or not it is the longest drought, especially when it's not the expansion ending season/tier. Then it's at least somewhat understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltii View Post
    The section about past timeliness is correct. 9.0.5 was not really a content patch, let's be real and 9.1 is not even on the ptr yet. It will be well into the second half of 2021 before we see a new raid tier.
    And that will still not be anywhere near the longest single patch we have had.

It would have to come out in 2022 for that to occur.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

5+ Year Old Account
    if you take daily mail tabloid type of news for facts ok keep doing that
    So if some random youtuber says "The sky is blue", you are going to go full OMG DEM CLICKBEITZ!!!1!!oneeleven /wrists. You are funny, my dude.

After this heated discussion here I went and watched the Bellular video although I didn’t want to, because I don’t like him, but...

People that talk sh*t about Bellular clearly haven’t watched the video. You can just start at 11:00 and get to his timeline which is backed by facts and previous patch cycles. The video past that point and his timeline are very well done and just show pretty much facts (which a bit of speculation towards the end).

I think one of the main takeaway points: 8.1 came 4 months after BfA‘s launch. And that patch was considered late by Blizzard. 9.1 will be live the earliest in June, which is ~7 months after launch and 3 months later than 8.1 which was considered late already.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

If content comes out slow, you complain about the drought. If content comes out too fast, you start the long argument about how you miss Blizz releasing content "when it's ready" and how Activision has ruined the game.

I wonder if there is any scenario where it will be impossible to find something to complain about.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    100% agree. I think this is a fucking catastrophe personally. I cannot begin to understand how SL was delayed for months and was launched with seemingly no concrete plans for 9.1. Even if 9.1 is great, I think it is terrible for the game to have a tier/season as long as this one will be whether or not it is the longest drought, especially when it's not the expansion ending season/tier. Then it's at least somewhat understandable.
    I think that while the whole covid !@#$show must have impacted them in full force, there must be something else. But who knows as of now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I wonder if there is any scenario where it will be impossible to find something to complain about.
    Legion did a quite fine job in that regard. They've shown that they can do things right.

3+ Year Old Account
    I'm not gonna even bother watching the video, but I will take a look at timelines.

Currently, we're effectively in Patch 9.0 as far as content goes. I'm hard-pressed to call 9.0.5 a "Major" patch. That was released on November 23rd (at least over here). Currently, we're roughly 123 days into the patch, with no estimation of when 9.1 is going to hit. If I were a guessing man, I'd say 60-90 days is a fair estimate for when it hits. So that puts things at 183-213 days. Let's just say 200 days, for sake of simplicity.

Now, looking at major content patches, in chronological order, we have to start at 1.1 and go from there. Note that the 1.X patches are a bit of a misnomer, though, as Vanilla patches and expansion patches were wholly different beasts. Also worth noting that I don't count prepatches, nor should final expansion patches really be considered, as that's effectively comparing apples to oranges.

VANILLA
    1.1 -> 1.2: 41 days
    1.2 -> 1.3: 80 days
    1.3 -> 1.4: 32 days
    1.4 -> 1.5: 60 days
    1.5 -> 1.6: 35 days
    1.6 -> 1.7: 62 days
    1.7 -> 1.8: 27 days
    1.8 -> 1.9: 85 days
    1.9 -> 1.10: 84 days
    1.10 -> 1.11: 84 days
    1.11 -> 1.12: 63 days
    1.12 -> TBC release: 147 days

Classic patches were generally smaller, but taking these into account, the longest is 85 days.

BURNING CRUSADE
    TBC release -> 2.1: 126 days
    2.1 -> 2.2: 125 days
    2.2 -> 2.3: 49 days
    2.3 -> 2.4: 133 days
    2.4 -> WotLK release: 233 days

Now we're getting into more modern-style content patches. I'd barely even call 2.2 a "Content patch", as it basically added a voice chat that no one really bothered using, so for sake of argument, let's just say 2.1 -> 2.3 was the "real" content drought. At that point, there's a total of 182 days of no new major content, making it the longest mid-xpac drought so far.

WRATH OF THE LICH KING
    WotLK release -> 3.1: 152 days
    3.1 -> 3.2: 112 days
    3.2 -> 3.3: 126 days
    3.3 -> Cataclysm release: 364 days

Nothing here that breaks the 2.1-2.3 drought. Without factoring that in, the longest mid-xpac draught is 152 days.

CATACLYSM
    Cataclysm release -> 4.1: 140 days
    4.1 -> 4.2: 63 days
    4.2 -> 4.3: 154 days
    4.3 -> MoP release: 298 days

While 4.1 was a relatively small patch, I'm hard-pressed to call it a non-content patch akin to 2.2. For some reason I thought the Cata endpatch lasted longer than the Wrath endpatch. Huh. 4.1 took just a tad longer than 3.1, aside from that.

MISTS OF PANDARIA
    MoP release -> 5.1: 49 days
    5.1 -> 5.2: 112 days
    5.2 -> 5.3: 77 days
    5.3 -> 5.4: 112 days
    5.4 -> WoD release: 429 days

No new mid-expansion records here, although the last patch shattered the record for an end-of-xpac patch.

WARLORDS OF DRAENOR
    WoD release -> 6.1: 103 days
    6.1 -> 6.2: 119 days
    6.2 -> Legion release: 434 days

This one edges out the record for end-of-expansion droughts. Some may consider 6.1 to be a nonpatch, although I respectfully disagree. A lot of people forget how much it added to Garrisons, since people were tired of them. However, it's worth noting that Blackrock Foundry didn't have a patch of its own, but some may have considered it a content "Patch" of sorts. Going by this logic, the WoD launch drought gets reduced to 82 days, while if 6.1 doesn't count as a content patch, the drought to 6.2 gets bumped up to 140 days. Unless you count neither as a "content patch", neither case breaks any records.

LEGION
    Legion release -> 7.1: 56 days
    7.1 -> 7.2: 154 days
    7.2 -> 7.3: 154 days
    7.3 -> BFA launch: 349 days

Legion's another sticky one. Similar to BRF in WoD, Nighthold wasn't directly attached to a patch. However, unlike 6.1, there's little argument to be made for 7.1 being a non-content patch. So this ties up with 4.2->4.3 at 154 days.

BATTLE FOR AZEROTH
    BFA release -> 8.1: 120 days
    8.1 -> 8.1.5: 91 days
    8.1.5 -> 8.2: 105 days
    8.2 -> 8.2.5: 91 days
    8.2.5 -> 8.3: 102 days
    8.3 -> Shadowlands release: 315 days

BFA is another rather odd one. The 8.X.5 patches actually delivered decent bits of content, particularly 8.1.5. Thus, I have no issue calling them "major" patches.

And that brings us to now. In terms of mid-expansion content droughts, we're definitely pushing the longest mid-xpac drought in WoW's history, though you can't really fault Blizz for it.

*Disclaimer: I mental math'd stuff, so I may be slightly off on my numbers. Shouldn't be a difference-maker.

Does anyone know the 9.1 release date to be making this statements?

Or as it been so long already? And is currently the biggest drought?

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post
    Does anyone know the 9.1 release date to be making this statements?

Or as it been so long already? And is currently the biggest drought?
    We know that it will be the longest time between the launch of an expansion and its first major patch.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post
    Does anyone know the 9.1 release date to be making this statements
    I don't think anyone knows the 9.1. release date, not even Blizzard lol. But the thing is that 8.1 came 4 months after BfA launched, and it was considered to be late by Ion himself iirc. And we're now 4 months into SL without even a PTR, so...

So if some random youtuber says "The sky is blue", you are going to go full OMG DEM CLICKBEITZ!!!1!!oneeleven /wrists. You are funny, my dude.
    bellular makes a video called : her true plan revealed , he starts by saying : we dont know her true plan , textbook of what a clickbait is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suC71jhdHqQ