What happend with mail notification?

Hey, coulden't find it on google...What happened with that feature being able to see if you had mail on X character on login screen...Think the feature was shown in BFA but removed in SL? Wish an addon could do the same if blizzard removed this idea.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Hey, coulden't find it on google...What happened with that feature being able to see if you had mail on X character on login screen...Think the feature was shown in BFA but removed in SL? Wish an addon could do the same if blizzard removed this idea.
    They are way behind schedule (at least when compared with BfA), so I think that such minor features must have gone down to place #253 or so of their to-do list.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    They are way behind schedule (at least when compared with BfA), so I think that such minor features must have gone down to place #253 or so of their to-do list.
    Like the become a mentor to a new player feature?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't take what I say as fact but maybe it got put on the backburner when they had to do all the character customization. I dunno, just a guess.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Well, the mentor thing is in now.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post

It is just ahead of the No Rares Spawning in the Molten Front on XXX Server bug. I sent in a daily bug report for 2 months after SL launch and finally got a Blue Answer that said ........ We have a lot of bugs to fix and yours is way down the list. So with that my hunter gave up trying to tame Deth'tilac on that server.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, the mentor thing is in now.
    Yes though its pretty much useless... they set the bar to low so most of the new member chat is raiders warning new players about what realms to roll on and what specs to play while others arguing it doesn't matter.

There are more fights in the mentor chat then in trade chat on my server.

I did see the mail feature once somewhere but I just don't think it worked well and wasn't given priority to fix with all of shadowlands poorly thought out systems exploding at once near launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric Lighter View Post
    Yes though its pretty much useless... they set the bar to low so most of the new member chat is raiders warning new players about what realms to roll on and what specs to play while others arguing it doesn't matter.

I did see the mail feature once somewhere but I just don't think it worked well and wasn't given priority to fix with all of shadowlands poorly thought out systems exploding at once near launch.
    I've luckily not seen that on EU. And the ones that fight are reported as not being helpful mentors.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

There are people writing in mentor chat?? I've been in it since day one and have never seen a message in it. Also I've never seen anybody in the chat at all, apart from 3-5 russian players.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    that has been in for ages.

- - - Updated - - -

get the Altoholic addon, it keeps track of what toons have mail

15+ Year Old Account

Pretty strange. EU chat seems really peaceful and helpful. Only spammers make it flooded by useless messages.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

They turned it off for some reason (it was probably causing problems with something) and haven't turned it back on again yet. Blue post said it wasn't bugged just "off on purpose for now".

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeychris View Post
    They turned it off for some reason (it was probably causing problems with something) and haven't turned it back on again yet. Blue post said it wasn't bugged just "off on purpose for now".
    Thanks. Hope it becomes a feature later. Always been annoying for me, but especially last year time or so when my AH play now evolves 4 main characters and to many alts I store things on...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO