Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Metrox View Post
    To the OP: I want you to be happy so perhaps you should re-define what "New Content" means.

1. Let's include all the hotfixes to things breaking Invisibility Potions for the Mythic+ people

2. Let's include all the Castle Nathria nerfs so guilds can get their AOTC achievements

3. Let's include all the X Class receives a 3% buff to all damage so people will start playing that darn spec that nobody raids with

4. Let's include Valor Points to the Mythic+ dungeon folks to help them in their fight against Mythic Raiders having better gear and only logging in twice a week

5. Let's include all the nerfs to Mythic+ dungeon mobs and bosses so that folks can push higher keys to get closer to Mythic Raiding gear (see above)

Now if you do all of that, then this expansion has tons of new content that happens almost every week.
    None of what you mentioned is CONTENT.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Just re read the OP. No where does he / she state we'll be waiting 14+ months for 9.1 patch.
    holw about the title "wows LONGEST content drought"? sure there is no number, but that what it takes to be LONGEST drought in wows history...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    No one says it is.
    OP did, its literaly the name of the whole thread... he makes NO MENTION of x.1 patch, might be what he MEANT but its not what he said

- - - Updated - - -

Again, it doesn't matter what the OP called this thread.
    ofc it does, this is forum post, not a bellular commercial ...

Quote Originally Posted by Metrox View Post
    To the OP: I want you to be happy so perhaps you should re-define what "New Content" means.

1. Let's include all the hotfixes to things breaking Invisibility Potions for the Mythic+ people

2. Let's include all the Castle Nathria nerfs so guilds can get their AOTC achievements

3. Let's include all the X Class receives a 3% buff to all damage so people will start playing that darn spec that nobody raids with

4. Let's include Valor Points to the Mythic+ dungeon folks to help them in their fight against Mythic Raiders having better gear and only logging in twice a week

5. Let's include all the nerfs to Mythic+ dungeon mobs and bosses so that folks can push higher keys to get closer to Mythic Raiding gear (see above)

Now if you do all of that, then this expansion has tons of new content that happens almost every week.
    Nothing of what you’ve mentioned is new content. Just because you make old content accessible to more players it isn’t more content overall.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Y'all being so pedantic that your response to this thread is to defend Blizzard by saying that other droughts have been longer... you're being part of the problem. So boring.
    no, the whole problem is OP was either being sloppy or purposefuly dishonest with his thread, the thread should contain that information its about x.1 otherwise the thread IS NOT about that even though the video might be

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garybear View Post
    Literally all of his videos are "the sky is falling" clickbait. Think for yourself.
    people dont want to (some actualy cant) think for themselve, if they could most politicians would be out of work

We're not going to see the longest contest drought, but there's a real chance we'll see the longest difference between the launch & the second major raid of an expansion that I can remember. BoD/Nighthold (+ToV)/BRF/ToT/Ulduar all came out within 3-6 months of their expansion launch, with only Firelands taking a few weeks longer than that (keep in mind this was in an expansion that launched with 2 main raids & a solid mini-raid).

Considering how poor Castle Nathria is, & how little information we have on the new raid, it's starting to get rather concerning to say the least. Looking at the second raid tiers listed, they're almost all considered to be some of the greatest ever made, so if the next tier fails to live up to that high standard PLUS we're stuck waiting even longer for it...? As much as I prefer the base SL experience over that of BfA, I don't see myself staying subscribed if I'm going to be stuck farming a shit raid for 4+ months followed by another poor entry like CN.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Not sure why people mention SoO drought when that was the last patch in the expansion.
    Its not at all relevant when comparing to a long content drought at the start of an expansion.
    probably bcs OP did not mention opening patch, just "longest content drought" which covers ALL patches...
    so while naming the thread he was either being stupid or dishonest, thats why he deserve all the shit he gets

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    We're not going to see the longest contest drought, but there's a real chance we'll see the longest difference between the launch & the second major raid of an expansion that I can remember. BoD/Nighthold (+ToV)/BRF/ToT/Ulduar all came out within 3-6 months of their expansion launch, with only Firelands taking a few weeks longer than that (keep in mind this was in an expansion that launched with 2 main raids & a solid mini-raid).

Considering how poor Castle Nathria is, & how little information we have on the new raid, it's starting to get rather concerning to say the least. Looking at the second raid tiers listed, they're almost all considered to be some of the greatest ever made, so if the next tier fails to live up to that high standard PLUS we're stuck waiting even longer for it...? As much as I prefer the base SL experience over that of BfA, I don't see myself staying subscribed if I'm going to be stuck farming a shit raid for 4+ months followed by another poor entry like CN.
    It isn't really that bad... just a few of the later fights starting from council show their lack of play testing. Overall its a middle of the road raid. I doubt beyond thematically it will be remembered. It was neither amazing nor terrible somewhere around a 6/10.

Looks like I have a lot of carries to sell still though. I wish they added a CE mount no one really cares that much about loot.

Patreon parasite concern trolling videos have gotten so tiresome. Now they don't even wait for actual data, they just spin conspiracy theories in order to drum up outrage and beg for handouts as hard as they can humanly can.

PLEASE LIKE, SUBSCRIBE, HIT THE BELL, LOOK AT SPONSOR, CHECK US OUT ON PATREON, FOR THE LOVE OF JESUS FUCKING CHRIST PLEASE, I HAVE NO ACTUAL SKILLS BESIDES SPREADING SOCIAL MIASMA TO PISSED OFF KIDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Again, his timeline is based on facts. There’s nothing he can be wrong this time as he just visualized a bunch of facts from previous patch cycles. And he didn’t even make the argument of an August release of 9.1.

I wish people would watch the important part of the video before saying that it‘s bs.
    I'm not watching a video from a clickbait known troll and giving him a view that he makes money off of. He has a long 5 year history of making clickbait videos that are filled with trash and lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Lighter View Post
    It isn't really that bad... just a few of the later fights starting from council show their lack of play testing. Overall its a middle of the road raid. I doubt beyond thematically it will be remembered. It was neither amazing nor terrible somewhere around a 6/10.

Looks like I have a lot of carries to sell still though. I wish they added a CE mount no one really cares that much about loot.
    Bosses like Xymox which break when you do too much damage are very anti-fun, although it was a fun progress boss.
    Council is one of the worst bosses I've ever played.
    SLG is just boring.

Sludgefist is a very good boss, but everything else pre-Danny is either subpar or average at best in my opinion. I didn't raid BfA outside of Nyalotha, but I can't recall the last time I raided a tier this weak.

If the next tier isn't great, I don't see how I see the expansion through to the end.

Super long content droughts might severely impact mmoc. Traffic to this place is down quite a bit and could cross a critical negative threshold in 2021 that potentially could cause site owners to shutter the site.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

It doesn't matter if this is the longest content drought anymore, because nothing can save SL or WoW at this point.

Bosses like Xymox which break when you do too much damage are very anti-fun, although it was a fun progress boss.
    Council is one of the worst bosses I've ever played.
    SLG is just boring.

Sludgefist is a very good boss, but everything else pre-Danny is either subpar or average at best in my opinion. I didn't raid BfA outside of Nyalotha, but I can't recall the last time I raided a tier this weak.

If the next tier isn't great, I don't see how I see the expansion through to the end.
    I don't mind xymox but I get your point. Council feels untested as I can't imagine the ten minute kill strat was ever intended to be an actual viable strategy I honestly think they intended the gargoyles to be a fail state that wiped the raid not handled in the way they are.

Nothing really stands out I admit its why I rated it average. Barring the first two tiers of BFA and ICC and whatever that one off raid was called ruby sanctum I think ive done all raid tiers.

I get a real dragon soul vibe from this raid it isn't to say its bad just average. I hope they give the "your linked with someone" mechanic a break though. It is always annoying when other people's mistakes kill you and it featured in far to many fights this tier.

Shrekwing, huntsman (after they fixed it so heroic didnt deal unhealable dmg...) sunking and darkvein were fine fights even if sunking is dull from a dps perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    It doesn't matter if this is the longest content drought anymore, because nothing can save SL or WoW at this point.
    Well that is pretty pessimistic. You should never say never..

but if they want to put minimal effort and budget in then ..ya. Don't expect much a of return or a warm reception. Wailing carverns wind serpent anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    Well that is pretty pessimistic. You should never say never..

but if they want to put minimal effort and budget in then ..ya. Don't expect much a of return or a warm reception. Wailing carverns wind serpent anyone?
    It was more they thought they were really hot shit and made a ton of systems when they never in the past managed to balance one. It then exploded in their faces badly forcing them to cut a lot of corners to try and save the expansion without delaying it.

Conduits used to do a lot more before they simply abandoned the system and crushed it to small numbers. Covenants failed in much the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Lighter View Post
    I don't mind xymox but I get your point. Council feels untested as I can't imagine the ten minute kill strat was ever intended to be an actual viable strategy I honestly think they intended the gargoyles to be a fail state that wiped the raid not handled in the way they are.

Nothing really stands out I admit its why I rated it average. Barring the first two tiers of BFA and ICC and whatever that one off raid was called ruby sanctum I think ive done all raid tiers.

I get a real dragon soul vibe from this raid it isn't to say its bad just average. I hope they give the "your linked with someone" mechanic a break though. It is always annoying when other people's mistakes kill you and it featured in far to many fights this tier.

Shrekwing, huntsman (after they fixed it so heroic didnt deal unhealable dmg...) sunking and darkvein were fine fights even if sunking is dull from a dps perspective.
    Seems we're mostly on the same page. I did a fight-by-fight breakdown a month or so back & I stick by it, although I'd maybe bump SLG up to a 3 - Still glad to be on Sire now instead of SLG though.

Shriekwing 6/10: Unexceptional early boss, cool mechanic.
    Huntsman 6/10: Unexceptional early boss, but paced well.
    Hungering Destroyer 4/10: Unexceptional early boss.
    Sun King 3/10: A nice attempt on creating a different kind of fight, but it just isn't that interesting as a non-healer.
    Xymox 5/10: A really cool progress fight, but terrible on farm due to overlaps/having to hold DPS which never feels good.
    Inerva 6/10: A decent mid-raid boss where gear & output doesn't restrict you at all, although the core fight mechanic doesn't work.
    Council 1/10: Irredeemable nonsense. Uninteresting mechanics, way too much downtime, buggy... Just a PITA.
    Sludgefist 8/10: Best DPS-check boss I can remember for a long time. Perhaps a bit too comp dependant with how anti-melee it is, but a fun fight.
    SLG 2/10: Yet to kill it, but already tired of it.
    Sire (HC only) 7/10: Has some great animations & is an enjoyable pace for the final boss of a tier. Each phase feels distinct & interesting with the first phase perhaps being the weaker of the three, but I believe that changes on Mythic so there's that to look forward to.
    Overall looking at the numbers it does come out to be pretty average, but it's the latter, longer bosses that let the raid down, & that's what makes me consider it subpar. It's good that the earlier bosses are decent, but you're only progressing them for a handful of pulls. We probably spent similar time on Council than the first 7 bosses combined, & SLG wasn't much different. Give me 300 pulls on a Gul'dan over 100 pulls on a Council any day of the week.

So yeah, next tier just has to hit it out the park for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltii View Post
    Take a look at Bellulars latest video where he breaks down the timelines. We will not be seeing fresh content for a very long time and the game is already incredibly stale and boring...
    So you're saying 9.0 to 9.1 will be more than 13 months? Because that's what you're saying right now.

Seems we're mostly on the same page. I did a fight-by-fight breakdown a month or so back & I stick by it, although I'd maybe bump SLG up to a 3 - Still glad to be on Sire now instead of SLG though.

Overall looking at the numbers it does come out to be pretty average, but it's the latter, longer bosses that let the raid down, & that's what makes me consider it subpar. It's good that the earlier bosses are decent, but you're only progressing them for a handful of pulls. We probably spent similar time on Council than the first 7 bosses combined, & SLG wasn't much different. Give me 300 pulls on a Gul'dan over 100 pulls on a Council any day of the week.

So yeah, next tier just has to hit it out the park for me.
    Yeah I have to agree. Its one thing to have ten minute wipes on the last boss its another to have it on multiple bosses in a tier. I would say slg is much better since the massive nerf this week reclearing it felt like a proper fight though it still runs a bit long rather then a burst or die moment.

Mythic sire is alright but to be honest its theme and voice acting help carry the fight mechanic wise its middling to good. It doesn't pack the punch of some of the stand out fights though. I would overall agree with you.

Take a look at Bellulars latest video where he breaks down the timelines. We will not be seeing fresh content for a very long time and the game is already incredibly stale and boring...
    I honestly don't care.
    last and current year was bad for everyone so cut them some slack.

Take a break. Your are not forced to play this game 365. Probably is even good for you if you get that annoyed about a short time where wow has no new content.

Why would I watch any of his videos? Guy is annoying like gold sellers on vanilla servers.