Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

So between islands and torghast...

Who is second place to mage tower for solo content?

i love Torghast, i hated islands.

Torghast. But I'd put Torghast at number 1.

The fun with torghast is getting god mode abilities and the choice to switch it up. Islands was just Diablo (mindlessly kill stuff for no reason). And Mage Tower was just a skill check that anyone could eventually overcome with gear.

7+ Year Old Account
    The god mode abilities and the option to solo and afk in Torghast makes Torghast the easy winner for me. I think they're both boring though.

Depends on class.
    Some got so uninspired anima powers that chill, mindless aoe grind (without aoe cap) was actually better than Choreghast.

I'd rate Torghast and Horrific Visions both higher than Islands (and Mage Tower). Also, Islands can't be done solo, so I personally wouldn't include them in a "solo content" ranking.

Islands were much more time consuming & a lot less interesting, so I'd have to say the vote easily goes to Torghast.

That said, PvP islands were actually pretty damn fun. Mostly saying that as someone who played as a fully geared trio stomping on people with 350k HP though

Islands were 3 man, not solo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    I was never forced into islands as i was not in any progressive raiding guild, i got my AP out of WQs and what not and that covered me for the most part i did Islands whenver i felt like. Mostly whenver i was in the mood to watch something on the second monitor i'd get into islands and AoE kill mobs with the occasional mount or transmog item that'd sell well on the AH (because i'm on an RP server those sold real good)

Torghast has more interesting combat, but it gets very reptitive as you end up more or less with the same set of anima powers and it just drags way too long. You could be in an out of an island every 10-15 minutes, and each island had different assets and visuals Torghast really does feel the same visually and it's all tiresome especially when you spent 2+ hours in the early days of the expansion when the soul ash was in demand for your Legendary item.

Overall Torghast has the better mechanics (powers, combat)
    Islands had more variaty visually, had way way way more rewards and were done much quicker.

They all had strengths and weaknesses and I think if they are able to frankenstein all the good parts of each together they might be able to create a solid solo content track for WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I would put Torghast at 1.

Torghast is best but getting bad anima in Torghast can put it last of everything. Then it's just pain and suffering.

1. Place: Visions, hard at the beginning, rewarding, u could raise your own difficulty level
    2. Place Magetower, nice skillcheck
    3. Island, rewarding in both charprogression and gold, but there was literally no need to do them if u dindt want to

long time nothing

999. Torghast:
    Boring, stupid Chore, fighting always 3-4 mobtypes per stage, no challenge at all, besides staying awake. Unrewarding, unimportant for charpower and to make things even worse: we were forced to visit this sh*thole of hell for soulash...
    Animaperks are unblanced, if you play a class with good perks you were able to aoe grind this fast. if you play a class with bad perks it took way longer.
    oh and of course, if u got a broken endboss, you wasted your time...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I’ve actually had some fun torghast runs, never once had fun on an island.

I think if they actually put work into torghast and fixed some of the issues it could be a lot better too.

10+ Year Old Account
    i would say compared to mage tower the other two are just so horrible that neither can hold that spot.

Mage Tower tuning was awful. I don't know why people liked it so much.

Obviously Torghast wins, it gets boring on one class after a while once you know what the god powers are, but then you try on another and it's pretty neat again. Islands were never, ever fun from day 1 of BFA.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Lighter View Post
    Who is second place to mage tower for solo content?
    2nd? I've had way more enjoyment and playtime from Torghast than Mage Tower.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Torghast is better because there's way less RNG to collect things.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    They all had strengths and weaknesses and I think if they are able to frankenstein all the good parts of each together they might be able to create a solid solo content track for WoW.
    That's what I think. Add some cosmetics/mounts to Torghast. Change the tile set a bit more like they do in Da Other Side/Islands. Make twisting corridors 12 instead of 18 floors. I would actually grind it. Soul ash rewards stay as is.